Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-13-2022, 06:06 AM   #16
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you'd read the entire thread, you'd have seen that the problem is with DeDRM on MacOS. You will need to disable DeDRM for now.
And if you'd read his post you'd have seen he's talking about non-drmed files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayesq View Post
My apologies if this has been posted before, or if this isn't the proper forum, or any number of other issues...

Getting an error importing non-DRM books:

"calibre, version 6.0.0
ERROR: Critical failure: The read metadata worker process crashed while processing some files. Adding of books is aborted. Click "Show details" to see which files caused the problem."

Occurrs on all of the ePubs I attempt to import.

Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.
Something is blocking the calibre workers, it's usually caused by your antivirus Kovid said this earlier in the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Something is blocking calibre worker processes on your computer, most likely an antivirus. Try adding calibre.exe and calibre_parallel.exe to the antivirus exclusion list or temporarily disable the antivirus to see if that is indeed the cause.
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 06:23 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny_Dreadful View Post
And if you'd read his post you'd have seen he's talking about non-drmed files.
I don't think it matters if the ePub have DRM or not. DeDRM has have to have a look to see what it needs to do when you add an ePub.

Try disabling DeDRM and see what happens.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2022, 07:32 AM   #18
shawky.nasr
shawky.nasr began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Try disabling DeDRM and see what happens.
Yes, disable DeDRM on mac is enough.
shawky.nasr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 01:01 PM   #19
HogDrvr
Connoisseur
HogDrvr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
New version of DeDRM is out. I just tried it and the problem of adding epubs in Calibre is gone! DeDRM_tools_10.0.3
HogDrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 03:46 PM   #20
belodevici
belodevici began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogDrvr View Post
New version of DeDRM is out. I just tried it and the problem of adding epubs in Calibre is gone! DeDRM_tools_10.0.3
Great news! Where can it be downloaded? On which site?
belodevici is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2022, 06:17 PM   #21
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by belodevici View Post
Great news! Where can it be downloaded? On which site?
See the New version of DRM removal tools ("DeDRM") thread.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 06:55 PM   #22
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I stuck a copy of your link on the Calibre forum ==>> Link to new DRM tool version

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote