Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 09-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #16
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Then you didn't bother to read the app the description:

The developer feels the same way you do.

Speaking of the dev, I have been in contact with him several times since buying the app, and he has always been friendly and responsive, to the point of making me a special build to isolate a problem with my car stereo's Bluetooth controls.
I did try to read it last night. But when I clicked on "Read More" nothing happened. In fact, I tried to click on it a few times. Finally, I thought that there was just nothing but the reviews. I just tried again and I see a whole lot of information, including the 7 Day Trial.

I'm truly beginning to wonder about my phone. I had the OD app not work correctly, then Words with Friends, and now this.

Thank you for letting me know. I am going to give it a try.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:42 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Well I tried Listen Audio Book Player and it seems to be not all that great on Gingerbread so I returned it. I'm happy with Smart and I think I will stay with it. It works well on older devices.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2014, 02:21 PM   #18
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've now given Listen a solid try. I am going back to Smart. I find it a lot easier to use the slider to adjust where I want to be in the book. It also looks better on my screen. I have a Samsung S3 running Anroid 4.3.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:57 PM   #19
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I can't recall what turned me off of Smart when I last tried it. I'm happy with Listen, but now I'm curious to try Smart again, since it seems to be a favorite. Never hurts to have options.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:23 PM   #20
wawasteele
Addict

I should have mentioned, that like Blossom, I use the full version of Smart.
Advert
Old 09-19-2014, 07:42 AM   #21
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I use Audible player on my iPhone, primarily. And have no problem adding books to it via iTunes for books I get from somewhere other than Audible. (Tip: Convert MP3 books to m4b format to ensure that iTunes sees them as a book, not music.) Then, in the Audible player, change the settings to ensure that it also plays from the iTunes books on the device.
Ditto on Audible for non-audible books on iOS. The Android version does not play back from other directories, so on my Note 2, I have Mort, but I hardly ever use it, since I always have unread books in Audible and Overdrive.

Last edited by xendula; 09-19-2014 at 07:48 AM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:24 AM   #22
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
I use Akimbo Audiobook Player for non-drm audiobooks and I can say that I am satisfied with the app.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 04:34 AM   #23
chicot
chicot began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Akimbo

Akimbo! has anybody else heard about akimbo? Can someone tell me how stacks up against other audiobook players?
Chicot
chicot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:04 AM   #24
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicot View Post
Akimbo! has anybody else heard about akimbo? Can someone tell me how stacks up against other audiobook players?
Chicot
I used it to till I bought Smart Audiobook Player. It's a pretty good player but I like Smart Audiobook Player Paid version better.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-02-2015 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:03 AM   #25
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
What OS?

I only use Audible (no idea where to use OverDrive for, isn't that a checkout app for public libraries?) on my Windows Phone and Android tablet. My Windows tablet only has ebooks, no audio books...
I use (on my Windows 7 computer and Android devices):

Last edited by Froide; 12-13-2015 at 05:51 AM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:43 AM   #26
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
I just tried Smart AudioBook Player on my LG Volt. It works great! Mine was the free version. I don't even see a Pro (paid) version in the store.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 03:30 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I just tried Smart AudioBook Player on my LG Volt. It works great! Mine was the free version. I don't even see a Pro (paid) version in the store.
It's an in app purchase to unlock the pro but the free does just fine.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:26 PM   #28
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's an in app purchase to unlock the pro but the free does just fine.
I haven't got around to getting this yet, but I'm transitioning now from my iPod Touch to my LG Volt and it's imminent. My understanding is that the Smart Player app, once you're past the free trial, doesn't let you adjust the speed unless you get the pro version. Which is fine; it's worth paying for. Is this correct? Because I can't get along without bumping up the speed on some interminable narrations!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:00 PM   #29
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

That is correct. You have to pay for that option. I have never used it. I tried it out but I am not bothered by a narrator who talks slow. It's the southerner in me I guess.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:11 PM   #30
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Oh you get 30 days to try the full version before you have to buy. I recommend installing Google Rewards and you can earn Play money to buy the app by then.