Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #16
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The Jetbook requires that format.
The jetBook Lite is confusing it seems to only uses this format to display info correctly in the text format. The FB2 format seems to use metadata to display info and epub just uses the filename for display.

The way info is displayed is a total mess. Having this format ({authors}#{title}.txt) for text is fine, but it just does work for epub.

I had to use save to disk feature to transfer the files to the reader to get an acceptable file name for my kids readers. It seemed as if each format was different. Anyway it goes the filename should not be forced to use a # ({authors}#{title}.epub) it should be customizable like most other plugins.

Leave the {authors}#{title} as default but allow it to be changed.

The OPs best bet is to use the save to disk feature to write to his device like he wishes.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #17
Sinner3k
Enthusiast
Sinner3k began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, B&N Nook Classic, Pocket Edge, Kindle Fire
Okay, so now I have to ask what the save to disk feature is. I'm not familiar with this.

Is there a thread already in place that talks about this?

Thanks to everybody who has chimed in to try to help me out with this!!!
Sinner3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner3k View Post
Okay, so now I have to ask what the save to disk feature is. I'm not familiar with this.

Is there a thread already in place that talks about this?

Thanks to everybody who has chimed in to try to help me out with this!!!
There are threads

Some devices only look like drives, some because their USB ID is lame.
Some people load books onto external storage (SD Cards, USB Stix)
Backup to other file systems.
Some just prefer to use the Disk method over the device method for control.

Your device may limit what is allowed. Calibre works with many devices
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #19
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Okay, so now I have to ask what the save to disk feature is.
If your reader appears in File Explorer as a drive letter, then you can use Save to Disk to save your books to it. Save to Disk is on the top group of icons and on the right click option - in both cases close to the Send to Device option. You can control the folder names and the filenames for your books saved this way in the Preferences | Add/Save area.

I put my books in a folder named for the author (last name first) and give them a filename that starts with the book series and series number if it has one.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #20
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
You might also try the Connect to Folder feature, found on the device pull down. This would give you device management, but wouldn't know it is a jetbook so wouldn't enforce the filename changes.

Note that in either case (save to disk or connect to folder) you will need to disable the jetbook driver in preferences -> plugins -> device plugins. Otherwise calibre will continue to connect to the device.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #21
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You might also try the Connect to Folder feature, found on the device pull down. This would give you device management, but wouldn't know it is a jetbook so wouldn't enforce the filename changes.

Note that in either case (save to disk or connect to folder) you will need to disable the jetbook driver in preferences -> plugins -> device plugins. Otherwise calibre will continue to connect to the device.
I didn't try this but it doesn't seem that save to disk would care if the plugin was enabled or not. Connect to folder though is a different story.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:37 PM   #22
Sinner3k
Enthusiast

I think that may be the way to go. It looks like I'm getting closer to the point where I can just select all of my books and send them over and have no issues. So far, the save to disk option seems to be working well.

Thanks for all the help!!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:29 AM   #23
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
I just bought a Libre; now I understand the problem.

The Libre builds menus based on the folder and filenames. It also truncates filenames that are too long, resulting in difficulty distinguishing between similarly named files. The filename override of the Jetbook driver causes there to be no way to order a series.

It would be nice to be able to turn off that naming override in the Jetbook driver.

I have been trying to open a ticket on the tracker; it seems to be frozen. So instead I am resurrecting this thread.

EDIT: Ticket #6638

Last edited by capidamonte; 08-28-2010 at 06:51 AM.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #24
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post
The Libre builds menus based on the folder and filenames. It also truncates filenames that are too long, resulting in difficulty distinguishing between similarly named files. The filename override of the Jetbook driver causes there to be no way to order a series.
Until this is worked out I think the connect to folder feature might be a good solution. I know this is the method I would've preferred for the Jetbook Lite.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:21 PM   #25
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Probably not helpful, but I have a Libre. I use Calibre to convert my books to ePub with the formatting I prefer. I then rename the file in the way I like it. It was a pain when I first got the Libre and had an existing library to manage. But now, one book at a time is no big deal. By the way, for series, I just do, ie: CP5 - The Black Angel - Michael Connolly where CP5 stands for the fifth book in the Charlie Parker series.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:26 PM   #26
capidamonte
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I'm a "set it and forget it" type of guy -- but I spend a lot of energy getting it there. I've got tickets at Calibre-ebook and at Aluratek. Hopefully something will come of it (especially Calibre -- it can't be too hard to make that renaming, that the current Jetbook driver is doing, optionally off.)
Old 08-31-2010, 01:13 AM   #27
Sinner3k
Enthusiast

I've been using the "Save to disk" option and it's been working pretty well for me. But it would be nice if Aluratek's firmware wasn't so stupid. I still can't even use the table of contents in my epub's.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:26 AM   #28
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
I've been using the "Save to disk" option and it's been working pretty well for me. But it would be nice if Aluratek's firmware wasn't so stupid. I still can't even use the table of contents in my epub's.
You might want to upgrade to the Connect to folder option, similar to save to disk but with more perks.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:05 AM   #29
capidamonte

Quote:
My TOCs work fine. No problems with their firmware at all. What happens? What firmware version? I'm using 18g.

BTW, I think there is hope on the menu/naming issue. Just gotta get some confirmation on how the Jetbook works and I think that Calibre may be updated to allow for the Libre.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:10 AM   #30
Sinner3k
Enthusiast

That might have something to do with it. I'm on v16 firmware, but I'll have 18 downloaded before I finish typing this. I've been busy and didn't realize that an update had hit. Thanks for the info!!