Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 07:54 AM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtriever View Post
Win 7? Right click on the shortcut, choose 'Run as Administrator'.
Correct. Did it and when I click on the auto-nooter file I get a pop-up from WinImage asking which partition I want to use. Having never done anything like that before, I haven't a clue. So, it looks like I'm going to have to thoroughly read the WinImage instructions to understand how the program works before I proceed any further; which won't happen the holidays are over.

I appreciate the help you've given.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:13 AM   #17
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Maybe this will help:

Start WinImage, and under [Disk], select [Restore Virtual Hard Disk Image on physical drive...]. That should open a window showing your available drives. Mine are listed as Disk 3 0kb - Generic USB SD Reader 1.00, Disk 4 0kb - Generic USB CF Reader 1.01, Disk 5 0kb - Generic USB SM Reader 1.02, and Disk 6 0kb - Generic USB MS Reader 1.03.

Assuming you have your formatted MicroSD card (and its adapter) inserted in the SD slot of your card reader, ONLY the occupied slot will show anything other than 0kb. Click on that one, then click on [OK].

That opens a window where you will select the image file that you wish to restore. (Be sure to select [All files] from the dropdown box at the bottom of that window.)
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 01:09 PM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Maybe this will help:

Start WinImage, and under [Disk], select [Restore Virtual Hard Disk Image on physical drive...]. That should open a window showing your available drives. Mine are listed as Disk 3 0kb - Generic USB SD Reader 1.00, Disk 4 0kb - Generic USB CF Reader 1.01, Disk 5 0kb - Generic USB SM Reader 1.02, and Disk 6 0kb - Generic USB MS Reader 1.03.
Thanks anyway, but my window shows no drives.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:47 PM   #19
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Strange. You are running as Admin? What kind of SD reader are you using, and how is it attached to the computer? And, I guess just to be sure, what OS?
Old 12-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Strange. You are running as Admin? What kind of SD reader are you using, and how is it attached to the computer? And, I guess just to be sure, what OS?
Yes
Using SanDisk mSD card inside SanDisk adapter
Using built-in card reader in my PC
Win 7

I've formated the card several times. I'll get a different card later on and try that one.

Quote:
2 Windows: Unzip and use WinImage to "Restore Virtual Hard Disk Image" to your SDcard.
3 Unplug your NOOKcolor from computer. (If Plugged in.)
I must say, there are several steps involved in the jump from 2 to 3 that are NOT self-evident to me. For example, how am I supposed to know to use "run as administrator"?

Anyway, thanks for the help. I appreciate it. I think at this point I'll take a few days and learn how to use WinImage, since these instructions say nothing about it.
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #21
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Is there any way to get this new keyboard to make some noise when you hit a key? Maybe it will get old over time, but I kind of miss that part of the original keyboard.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #22
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Funny you mention that Krypto, I said the same thing the first time I used it. Maybe the fact that when you hit a key it pops out at you makes up for it.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 06:15 AM   #23
gtriever
Addict

Just an FYI, Autonooter is now at release 2.12.25.

Changes:
Added: Gingerbread Keyboard.
Deleted: YouTube.apk from /system/app
Update: Busybox has whoami
Update: Installs Soft Keys 3.0.0
Old 12-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #24
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Just an FYI, Autonooter is now at release 2.12.25.

Changes:
Added: Gingerbread Keyboard.
Deleted: YouTube.apk from /system/app
Update: Busybox has whoami
Update: Installs Soft Keys 3.0.0
How does the Gingerbread keyboard differ from the Droid X one?
Old 12-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #25
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
It's edible

Old 12-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #26
SCION
Séduisant

You are so silly! I like it.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:13 PM   #27
gtriever
Addict

The claim about the GB is " It has more accurate targeting, better auto-correct, and typing numbers and symbols is much quicker than on the stock Android keyboard."

Since I haven't tried it yet, I don't know...
Old 12-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #28
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Since I haven't tried it yet, I don't know...
You should try it. I hear it's quite tasty.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:00 PM   #29
Rayven01
Nevermore
Rayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Nook, Nook Color, Stanza(iphone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I installed it a while back and I love it compared to any of the others. It allows you to tap and hold the top row to type numbers without alting, and in apps that use the full text entry keyboard provides a much nicer autocorrect/suggestion bar. It also has a button to change settings and change input method (to the left of the comma). Screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10-12-27-1.png
Views:	316
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	63648   Click image for larger version

Name:	10-12-27-2.png
Views:	278
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	63649  
Rayven01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:04 PM   #30
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven01 View Post
I installed it a while back and I love it compared to any of the others. It allows you to tap and hold the top row to type numbers without alting, and in apps that use the full text entry keyboard provides a much nicer autocorrect/suggestion bar. It also has a button to change settings and change input method (to the left of the comma). Screenshots:
Thanks for sharing. I'll definitely give it a go.