Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #16
thymaster
Zealot
thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Need a case suggestion for the silver 350. The Sonystyle website only have black and pink which does make sense to me why they didn't come out with a matching colour case for the silver model.
thymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #17
Selcien
Enthusiast
Selcien has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Selcien has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Selcien has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Selcien has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook color
I got the pink Sony zipper/soft case.
Selcien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 12:45 PM   #18
yakuzaboss
Groupie
yakuzaboss is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikelet View Post
I don't like the new Sony covers much either, but I don't want a cover with corner strips to get in the way of the stylus and volume buttons. So unless someone comes out with an aftermarket case that uses the spine clips, I think I'm going to get one of the Oberon Designs 4.75" x 7" journal covers and some clear velcro adhesive strips and see how that goes for the 650.
Those Oberon covers are damn sexy. I ordered a cover made for the PRS600. The size difference of the 650 and 600 is minimal so it shouldn't look too out of place once it's centered in the cover. There might be about 1/4 inches of space around the exposed sides but I'm totally okay with that, its kind of a safety bumper if its dropped. I'm also using velcro instead of the corner straps as the 650 might be a little loose in them. It should work quite well.
yakuzaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #19
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
I use the case that came with my PRS-505. It is a significant improvement over the case that came with my PRS-500. Its easy to take on and off, and it looks much better. I haven't felt the need to get another case for my ereader.
What device are you using the 505 case on? My 505 case will not fit my new 650, because the attachment points are too far apart.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #20
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Yeah...do the old cases work with new readers? SonyStyle has a whole bunch of 300 cases, but no 300
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 04:33 PM   #21
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
I'm probably in the minority, and I have yet to see it in person, but I actually like the look of the new sony covers. They kind of look like an old journal or hardback without the dustcover
I like the new Sony covers as well. I especially like that they are two-tone.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #22
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSquirsier can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2, Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Yeah...do the old cases work with new readers? SonyStyle has a whole bunch of 300 cases, but no 300
They don't, too big to fit the new models

Still haven't seen a cover for the PRS-350 here, and on sonystyle.ca they're backordered to the 22nd. Told myself I would wait to see the covers in store before buying one but who knows when that'll be ; the ebook readers section in our local best buys and future shop is horrible ; mostly in disarray, half empty and just an after thought!
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:51 AM   #23
pikelet
girl from oz
pikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-300, Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakuzaboss View Post
Those Oberon covers are damn sexy. I ordered a cover made for the PRS600. The size difference of the 650 and 600 is minimal so it shouldn't look too out of place once it's centered in the cover. There might be about 1/4 inches of space around the exposed sides but I'm totally okay with that, its kind of a safety bumper if its dropped. I'm also using velcro instead of the corner straps as the 650 might be a little loose in them. It should work quite well.
Just in case anyone is interested, here are some photos of the Oberon Design small journal cover being used for the 650. I put adhesive velcro spots on each corner of the reader to hold it in place. It seems to be a good fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0607.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	58673   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0604.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	58674   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0602.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	58675  
pikelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:03 PM   #24
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Just in case anyone is interested, here are some photos of the Oberon Design small journal cover being used for the 650. I put adhesive velcro spots on each corner of the reader to hold it in place. It seems to be a good fit.
Looks great! Does anybody know if Oberon plans to make covers for the new Sony line?
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #25
yakuzaboss
Groupie

Quote:
Awesome! Looks like a perfect fit! I was going to order a small journal cover but I wasn't sure how it was going to fit. So I just ordered the cover for the 600. I should be receiving it sometime today.

Last edited by yakuzaboss; 09-23-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #26
yakuzaboss
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
Looks great! Does anybody know if Oberon plans to make covers for the new Sony line?
When I contacted them, I was told 'not at this time'. Maybe if there is enough requests for 650/350 covers, they might add them to their product line.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #27
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Well, today I picked up the 350 blue/black cover at the SonyStyle store. They also had the lighted cover. Played with both of em. Wasn't too impressed with the lighted cover, the spine was noticeably larger, I couldn't use the buttons and hold it with my left hand. Not that I use the buttons anyway, but you know..

I like the Sony cover with the 350, it's, dare I say, cute.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:10 AM   #28
MaxLV
Connoisseur
MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Sony PRS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by thymaster View Post
What kind of cases are you getting for your new PRS-350 and PRS-650? Are there any cool aftermarket cases that you would recommend?
Got my PRS650 3 days ago. They have been available through Sony retail stores here in New Zealand since 1st September.

Decided I needed a case for it, then remebered I had a leather Filofax/Diary case stored away somewhere that I had been given as a christmas present years ago.

Dug out of the back of a closet, and the Sony Reader fits perfectly.It has pockets for the quick guide and the USB cable.
All I had to do was add a couple of velcro 'dots' to the back of the reader.

I have removed the zip on the left hand side since taking these photos.

MaxLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:07 PM   #29
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
That's lovely, and tempting to buy a 650 for, since they don't make a smaller journal that would fit the 350.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:51 AM   #30
pikelet
girl from oz
pikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-300, Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
That's lovely, and tempting to buy a 650 for, since they don't make a smaller journal that would fit the 350.
Thanks I've tucked a piece of thick card with some felt glued onto it inside the front flap to give the screen some extra protection, and after a few days of use, the cover really does feel like it was made for the 650: there is about 5mm of leather on each side.
pikelet is offline   Reply With Quote