Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-21-2011, 06:10 AM   #16
ravenlife
Connoisseur
ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
@hellmark, it is a silver one yes. Good point on the DRM though im sure that wouldn't be difficult to overcome

@polly thanks for the explanation

looks like i'm sticking with Sony either the T1 or a 650, might wait for the T1 at £70 cheaper than the 650, and though the wifi is not a must have it certainly wouldn't hurt

thanks all

Richie
ravenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #17
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
The 650 is £160 at Waterstones, I am tempted as not sure if the build quality will be better than the T1 as the 650 is metal and the T1 is plastic
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 12:32 PM   #18
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenlife View Post
Hi guys,

Looking for a little advice on updating my ereader, I currently have a Sony prs-505 which I've had for some years

Things I hate about the 505

- glossy screen
- no dictionary

<snip>

Richie
quick question: did you mean the Sony PRS-600? The 505 didn't have a "glossy screen".. I own one, it's the one before the 600 which had a glossy touch screen. the 505 doesn't have a touch screen at all.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #19
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Does either the new Sony or the Kobo Touch have a search capability?

Thanks
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #20
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Just had my hands on the new Sony at their local store and it does have search capability. Its about the size of the Pocket Edition and has WiFi. And a clearer screen than the 505
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert