Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #16
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
It is normal not to have 'exit' (on Android and iOS).

There are better options for PDF. For example, Mantano Reader does reflow PDF and will let you adjust margins. Handles Adobe DRM (though not library DRM right now) and has night mode. It is not free however.

Bluefire should improve with an update or two. This is the first Android version and I know they take customer feedback seriously.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:48 AM   #17
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
An update arrived this morning (v1.1):
- Improved Back button functionality
- Improved support for links to .acsm, .epub, .pdf filetypes
- Improved Dropbox support
- Improved handling of PDF zooming
- Bug fixes

Indeed, it looks like I can choose Bluefire to open .acsm files now (using Astro etc.). Haven't tried PDF yet.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #18
wbhuang
wbhuang began at the beginning.

Device: samsung YP-G70
I have just tried the latest version (1.1). My reading device is 5 inch samsung YP-G70 with ROM 2.2.2. As a pdf ebook reader , the edge of bluefire reader(BR) lies in rendering speed and quality. I think it is even better than adobe and mantano in this respect, and it is worth having just for this reason regardless of several bugs I'll mention . When opening a book , BR will automatically adjust page to the width of screen, and there will not be any transitional effect ,such as fading or blankness,when you drag the page up and down. You can choose choose four page-turning mode, this is a great feature, as far as I know, it is the only android pdf reader that provide this option. All the above features make reading very comfortabe for eyes.

However, there are several bugs annoying me.

First, Zoom-in operation sometimes causes closure of current book, and sometimes you can't zoom out after zooming in .

second, text selection is very clumsy, at least compared with ezpdf or mantano . Although there are selection handles,you can't move it. and the machine always vibrates when choosing text, and this behavioral can't be changed.

Third, although table of content can be displayed, BR shows all levels of TOC at once,not any cascading operations.

If the above bugs can be fixed, I think bluefire reader has the potential to become the most popular free ebook reader in android platform .
wbhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #19
sangahm
Enthusiast
sangahm began at the beginning.

Device: nook HD, Palm T3, iPhone
I'm having Market problems, where I can see this app but it says its not compatible with the nook.

Can you post the apk here so I can download?
sangahm is offline   Reply With Quote