Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #16
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No 6" device can display PDFs well - I'd suggest dropping that requirement.
In your opinion. I read pdfs comfortably on a rooted Nook using Orion PDF Viewer and my old 650 does the job just as well. The trick is to view in landscape mode. Even the Kindles have some kind of custom functionality to do something similar.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:48 AM   #17
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Maybe you should wait till the new ereaders come out.

Also you might consider a Kobo Mini as a stopgap if they are as cheap in Germany as they have been recently in Canada. Surprisingly easy to read on and fits in almost any pocket.

The firmware has some issues but they do not affect the reading process. Only big issues affect people with large amounts of books (over 1000)on reader when opening shelves.

The display is a little better (IMO) than the kindle keyboard and I can read comfortably at a smaller font size, displaying approximately the same amount of text per page. And you can download and read library books on it.

At under $40 CAD it is worth buying just for the fun of it, I am tempted to buy another

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #18
jineapple
Enthusiast
jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.jineapple is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I've been talking to Amazon Customer support, and while I won't get a new kindle (Obviously, my own fault, and it's more than a year old too), they're offering me a refurbished Kindle PW with the standard 1-year guarantee, for 91€ (as opposed to 114€ for a refurbished PW without the discount or 129€ completely new) so I'll go with that

I can still buy in other shops via Calibre, and while I may not be able to use a library, the ones near me don't support that option anyway, and I can live without it.

Thanks for all the tips guys
jineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That sounds like an excellent deal. I'm sure you'll enjoy the PW!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying, ereader, frontlight, kindle, shop