Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-29-2020, 09:55 AM   #16
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
While perhaps a niche interest, as a consumer and producer of books with mixed hebrew/diacritic latin alphabets, I'm curious about the improvements in rendering mixed bidi text (points 17 and 20 of the Reading program list in the release notes hint at it).
Looking forward for the release for my PB631...
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:47 AM   #17
mikkelnl
mikkelnl began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Installed yesterday, seems fine so far. Things look a bit different.
mikkelnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2020, 06:57 AM   #18
Skydancer
Enthusiast
Skydancer began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBoot Inkpad 3
Does anyone know, when can we expect updates for InkPad 3?
Skydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:29 PM   #19
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydancer View Post
Does anyone know, when can we expect updates for InkPad 3?
These should take 2-3 more months.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 05:23 PM   #20
NicGrover
NicGrover began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Touch HD 3 PB632
Exclamation Bugs firmware 6.0.926

My Pocketbook Touch HD 3 has installed the update sw_20200406_U632_6.0.926_user and I am encountering some bugs. Systematically when I resume reading, the reader puts me back 3 pages. has the ignition it goes in horizontal mode and I have to do it 3 or 4 times so that it comes back in vertical mode. It’s a little difficult
NicGrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2020, 09:22 PM   #21
HvdB
Enthusiast
HvdB began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicGrover View Post
My Pocketbook Touch HD 3 has installed the update sw_20200406_U632_6.0.926_user and I am encountering some bugs. Systematically when I resume reading, the reader puts me back 3 pages. has the ignition it goes in horizontal mode and I have to do it 3 or 4 times so that it comes back in vertical mode. It’s a little difficult
I found several bugs, after yesterday' s update Touch HD3:

- the 3 pages back jump when I open my case for further reading
- when I put a bookmark on a page, I don' t see anything, so I try it several times.
When I search in the bookmark menu, I see a list of all my attemps: the bookmark was put 3 pages back!

- When I use TTS it doesn' t start on the page where I was reading, but also 2 or 3 pages back

- The lines under the words in the TTS modus, appear only at the first 2 pages of each chapter, then they stop until the next chapter (again only for 2 pages).

I can' t find the settings for the sleeping modus. With the cover this modus starts immediately when I close the case, but without a case, I don' t find the settings. I did find the choice for 'off'

I think I' ll contact Pocketbook int-support for these bugs. But do I overlook the sleeping modus choice, or did they forget that in de setting options?

Last edited by HvdB; 04-13-2020 at 09:26 PM.
HvdB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:33 PM   #22
HvdB
Enthusiast

Removed, double post.

Last edited by HvdB; 04-13-2020 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:46 AM   #23
Kleki
Connoisseur
Kleki doesn't litterKleki doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (+ an old Hanlin V3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HvdB View Post
- the 3 pages back jump when I open my case for further reading
- when I put a bookmark on a page, I don' t see anything, so I try it several times.
When I search in the bookmark menu, I see a list of all my attemps: the bookmark was put 3 pages back!
I got the same problem. I have reported it and it is discussed on e-reader-forum.de but Pocketbook seems to have trouble reproducing it. To add to the list also chapters are not working. But at some point yesterday all the problems were suddenly gone in one book only to re-appear after shut-down and restarting. In other books the problem persisted throughout.

Quote:
I can' t find the settings for the sleeping modus. With the cover this modus starts immediately when I close the case, but without a case, I don' t find the settings. I did find the choice for 'off'
Hm not sure what you are looking for. I got (translated from German) under settings - power saving: as item 3 in the list: automatic screen lock (which then shows the sleep icon on screen): off / 5 minutes / 10 minutes and as item 4 auto-off: off / 10 /20 /30 / 60 minutes.
Kleki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:28 PM   #24
HvdB
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleki View Post
Hm not sure what you are looking for. I got (translated from German) under settings - power saving: as item 3 in the list: automatic screen lock (which then shows the sleep icon on screen): off / 5 minutes / 10 minutes and as item 4 auto-off: off / 10 /20 /30 / 60 minutes.
Hi Kleki, thanks! I saw the screenlock option, and the menu 'off, 5 and 10 minutes', but I thought that I needed a PIN- code to unlock. So I was afraid to try. In fact is is not a screen lock, but a sleep modus, hihi.

I also found in 'Task Manager' the icon 'Lock' and I can click there as well. It goes immediately in Zzzzz sleep and I can wake up by using the On/Off button.

Thanks for your help, this works well. .
Old 04-14-2020, 01:39 PM   #25
Kleki
Connoisseur

Quote:
I also found in 'Task Manager' the icon 'Lock' and I can click there as well. It goes immediately in Zzzzz sleep and I can wake up by using the On/Off button.
Under settings - personal settings - keys configuration you can also configure the on/off button (or other buttons) to lock the screen.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:21 PM   #26
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The new firmware is really buggy. I went back to version 5, even though I don't read with the built-in reader on my Touch HD 3, but I wasn't even able to sync with my InkPad 3 anymore.
Please keep reporting the bugs to the support or to Forkosigan here in the forum or on www.e-reader-forum.de. Otherwise, they won't change anything.
Old 04-14-2020, 04:19 PM   #27
HvdB
Enthusiast

PS the bookmarks seem to work well in pdf- books, but not in epubs. Maybe that' s also with your chapter problem?
Old 04-14-2020, 04:27 PM   #28
Kleki
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Please keep reporting the bugs to the support or to Forkosigan here in the forum or on www.e-reader-forum.de. Otherwise, they won't change anything.
Forkosigan has now acknowledged the page jump/bookmark/chapter issue. ~3 weeks until a new update.
Old 04-14-2020, 04:36 PM   #29
HvdB
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
The new firmware is really buggy. I went back to version 5,
How did you do that? Reset to factory settings? Or do you need a computer and know how to do this? I was so happy with my Pocketbook HD3 e-reader before these problems.

I wrote this morning to help@pocketbook-int.com. They helped me some weeks ago by installing the PB Cloud on my device within several hours.

I hope that this also will be fixed soon.
Old 04-15-2020, 03:40 AM   #30
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

Quote:
How did you do that? Reset to factory settings? Or do you need a computer and know how to do this? I was so happy with my Pocketbook HD3 e-reader before these problems.

I downloaded the previous firmware and copied it to the device via my computer. Then I installed it manually by restarting the device and pressing the back and forward buttons at the same time, until the installation screen came up. After installation I did a factory reset to remove all the bugs that I had noticed.