Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-27-2023, 05:49 AM   #2836
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I tried Ignore collections, but that just prevented it from being deleted. [Square brackets] did work though I might also do that for my Kobo Store collection because I don't really need that on my device.
I use tags for collection but like to skip some of them.
Reading that above I entered the values with [] and comma and also restart Calibre. After that I delete those collection manually from my Kobo. But after connection, all tags are created again. Although I did not expect to see [name1], [name2] anymore.

Is my expection or my understanding from your post wrong?
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 06:17 AM   #2837
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
Reading that above I entered the values with [] and comma and also restart Calibre. After that I delete those collection manually from my Kobo. But after connection, all tags are created again. Although I did not expect to see [name1], [name2] anymore.

The problem you have is that you cannot do what you are trying to do, You remove the collection(s) and when you connect your Kobo to your library, it creates the missing collection yet again.

There are two ways to fix this. One is to delete the tags you don't want as collections or to create a custom column to use as collections and use tags for all the tags. Then you can delete the tags from the custom column when you are done with them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2023, 06:22 AM   #2838
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Not 100% if I'm understanding you right but I'll give it a try.

If you enclose a tag in [Square Brackets] it won't appear on the Kobo, unless they've changed it since my post (I doubt this).

If a collection is deleted with the driver, Kobo sync may bring it back. (I often have a similar issue with Kobo store books reappearing in my 'to be read' collection.) Delete it on the device itself and sync again and it should stop.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 02-27-2023 at 06:34 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 07:15 AM   #2839
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:

I have to check the configuration and I'll be back to you this evening, but I think it's something like this: #1,#2,#3. But I don't know if it will be right for you as what I avoid is calibre deleting those collections (they are not in calibre in any way, and I handle them wholly at my Kobo).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 07:42 AM   #2840
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:

You can do this with the template feature in the Kobo driver. See this thread. The idea is that the template filters out the tags you don't want as collections, returning the rest (if any).
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2023, 08:49 AM   #2841
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Thanks all for your reply and suppport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
If you enclose a tag in [Square Brackets] it won't appear on the Kobo, unless they've changed it since my post (I doubt this).
That was my expectation but it appears again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You can do this with the template feature in the Kobo driver. See this thread. The idea is that the template filters out the tags you don't want as collections, returning the rest (if any).
I already saw that. Now I will have a deeper look into it but maybe I am overwhelmed.
Old 02-27-2023, 09:12 AM   #2842
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I already saw that. Now I will have a deeper look into it but maybe I am overwhelmed.
Here is a template that removes all tags bracketed by [] and all tags listed in the variable tags_to_ignore.

Code:
program:
# Remove any tag bracketed by []
	tags = list_re($tags, ',', '^[^\[].*[^\]]$', '');
# Remove tags listed in tags_to_ignore
	tags_to_ignore = 'AA.BBF.CCC, onDevice';
	list_join(':@:', list_difference(tags, tags_to_ignore, ','), ',')
Example: if a book has the tags
Code:
[PBook], Science Fiction, allbooks.foo, Fiction, Fantasy, General, Epic, AA.BBF.CCC, onDevice
and tags_to_ignore is
Code:
	tags_to_ignore = 'AA.BBF.CCC, onDevice';
then the template result is
Code:
allbooks.foo:@:Epic:@:Fantasy:@:Fiction:@:General:@:Science Fiction
Old 02-27-2023, 10:01 AM   #2843
Katja_hbg
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Here is a template that removes all tags bracketed by [] and all tags listed in the variable tags_to_ignore.
Thanks for the details Chaley but I did not make it well.
I do not have tags in brackets (they were added by me in the field "ignore collection" only due to the description in the former forum entry by ownedbycats as a solution to delete instead of preventing to delete).

Field "collection template" is now:
Code:
	tags_to_ignore = 'danach, kurz';
Although I deleted them from Kobo before connecting to Calibre, they are added again.
Second try: in addition to the template I update field "collection ignore" showing now: danach, kurz
But still this two tags are created.

In both cases I got an additional tag "Kobo Interpreter: Unknown"
Old 02-27-2023, 10:06 AM   #2844
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Quote:
Field "collection template" is now:
Code:
[…]

In both cases I got an additional tag "Kobo Interpreter: Unknown"
The keyword “program:”, including the colon, at the beginning of chaley's template is important. Your template appears to omit it.
isarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 10:11 AM   #2845
Katja_hbg
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by isarl View Post
The keyword “program:”, including the colon, at the beginning of chaley's template is important. Your template appears to omit it.
Sorry this is a lazy copy mistake by me only here in the forum.
Of course the template content starts with "program:"
Old 02-27-2023, 10:12 AM   #2846
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Furthermore, are you using both “collections columns” as well as “collections template”?

If you have the “collections columns” enabled and one or more fields specified, then those will be used as-is, regardless of what you have in the template.

Finally, your template does not initialise the tags variable. Since you are not modifying the tags variable like chaley was to remove tags surrounded in square brackets, you can simply replace “tags” with a column lookup on your source collections. So if your custom column lookup name is #koboshelves then I think your template would look, in full, like:

Code:
program:
	list_join(':@:', list_difference($#koboshelves, tags_to_ignore, ','), ',')
This seems to work when testing in my own library using the Template Tester.

Last edited by isarl; 02-27-2023 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-27-2023, 10:15 AM   #2847
isarl
Addict

Quote:
Sorry this is a lazy copy mistake by me only here in the forum.
Of course the template content starts with "program:"
I thought this might be the case, but it is always worth asking a question even if the answer is seemingly “obvious”. Thank you for clarifying!
Old 02-27-2023, 10:24 AM   #2848
Katja_hbg
Groupie

Quote:
Furthermore, are you using both “collections columns” as well as “collections template”?

If you have the “collections columns” enabled and one or more fields specified, then those will be used as-is, regardless of what you have in the template.
And this is the killer.
I use "collection columns" with three fields. One of the is tags.
After being happy with that for years, today I had the idea to reduce the values coming out of "tags".

Thanks again for your help but after having some fun to give it a try, I will continue with former setting.

Last edited by Katja_hbg; 02-27-2023 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-27-2023, 11:00 AM   #2849
isarl
Addict

Quote:
And this is the killer.
I use "collection columns" with three fields. One of the is tags.
After being happy with that for years, today I had the idea to reduce the values coming out of "tags".

Thanks again for your help but after having some fun to give it a try, I will continue with former setting.
You're so close! There's no need to give up when you're so close.

Any tags you do NOT want processed by the template, leave in your Collections Columns field.

Any tags which you DO want processed by the template, make sure they are NOT in the Collections Columns field, and that your template logic handles these other fields correctly.

For example, if I have Genre (#genre), Collections (#collections), and Tags (tags – this is a builtin column, so no #prefix for it), and I only wanted to perform this custom processing on the tags, then I would put #genre, #collections in the “Collections Columns”. And for the template I would use something like we described previously:

Code:
program:
	list_join(':@:', list_difference($tags, tags_to_ignore, ','), ',')
Just remember: if you want to process a column before using it as collections, then you need to put that column into a template, not in your “Collections Columns” setting. The “Collections Columns” setting is only for data that will be used as-is.
Old 02-27-2023, 11:22 AM   #2850
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Just remember: if you want to process a column before using it as collections, then you need to put that column into a template, not in your “Collections Columns” setting. The “Collections Columns” setting is only for data that will be used as-is.
My personal choice would be to do it all in the template and leave "Collections Columns" empty/unchecked. That way I have only one place to look and I can more easily fine tune the results.

Example using the columns you mentioned:
Code:
program:
	list_join(':@:', 
		list_difference($tags, tags_to_ignore, ','), ',',
		$#genre, ',',
		$#collections, ','
	)

Tags