Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-07-2010, 10:37 AM   #271
pelrun
pelrun began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3G
Has anyone else noticed that the update nag message box blocks the webserver? I just went a week unable to access my library whilst I was interstate only to return home and find everything in perfect working order but Calibre frozen until I dismissed the window. *facepalm*

I guess I'm keeping that message disabled from now on.
pelrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #272
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelrun View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the update nag message box blocks the webserver? I just went a week unable to access my library whilst I was interstate only to return home and find everything in perfect working order but Calibre frozen until I dismissed the window. *facepalm*

I guess I'm keeping that message disabled from now on.
Next release will have a non-blocking update notification
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 02:31 AM   #273
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Oh boo....

I can't change the mobile template like I can change the normal browser template! Looks like the mobile template is compiles python? (I changed my normal browser template because I don't care about rating or date and they took too much screen real-estate...)
Sweetpea, how did you change the normal browser template?
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:41 AM   #274
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Sweetpea, how did you change the normal browser template?
Go to:

[calibre installation folder]\resources\content_server

I changed the index.html and the gui.js. Having knowledge of jquery does help (and as that's my job, knowing jquery, I had no problems there )
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #275
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Go to:

[calibre installation folder]\resources\content_server

I changed the index.html and the gui.js. Having knowledge of jquery does help (and as that's my job, knowing jquery, I had no problems there )
Yeesh. I think I'll leave that to the experts, then. I can do html, but not jquery.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #276
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Yeesh. I think I'll leave that to the experts, then. I can do html, but not jquery.

A question: I use custom fields (duh!), but I can't make a template where my downloads use an updated metadata, right?

For instance: the metadata in my book has author as "unknown", but I naturally changed that in Calibre to the real author name. But if I download that book, it would show the "unknown"?
Old 10-14-2010, 09:22 AM   #277
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
For instance: the metadata in my book has author as "unknown", but I naturally changed that in Calibre to the real author name. But if I download that book, it would show the "unknown"?
EPUB metadata is updated on send, but note that there is currently no plugboard support for this 'server' device.

No other format is updated. In a recent thread, Kovid said that perhaps updating PRC/MOBI would be ok, but any other format would be too CPU intensive to include in the server.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #278
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
EPUB metadata is updated on send, but note that there is currently no plugboard support for this 'server' device.

No other format is updated. In a recent thread, Kovid said that perhaps updating PRC/MOBI would be ok, but any other format would be too CPU intensive to include in the server.
Ok, thanks. That means I'd have to make sure the metadata is correct in all my formats... Which it is for all my own generated books, but not for the books I've bought... Simply something to remember...
Old 10-31-2010, 06:27 AM   #279
Eske19
Eske19 began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook Neo
Can not login Server

I've running the server in Calibre for sharing over the net. So far no problem. If I do the test than he asks me for Username and Password and then I can see my library on my own PC.
But now the question, I want my friend in Portugal to login my library so she can get the books she wants. What do I have to give her for information for login. What adress?
Because when I type on other PC the http://...........:8080 ( dots are my IP) then it says; adress is not available.

Please help?
Eske19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:17 AM   #280
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eske19 View Post
I've running the server in Calibre for sharing over the net. So far no problem. If I do the test than he asks me for Username and Password and then I can see my library on my own PC.
But now the question, I want my friend in Portugal to login my library so she can get the books she wants. What do I have to give her for information for login. What adress?
Because when I type on other PC the http://...........:8080 ( dots are my IP) then it says; adress is not available.

Please help?
I assume that your calibre server is running on a home network? If so, then what you want to do is not totally straightforward. You must create a doorway from the internet onto your home network so that your friend can see your server.

See this post for some discussion.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:56 AM   #281
rbruceporter
rbruceporter began at the beginning.

Device: Color Nook
Smile Questions on Content Server

Hi,

First post here, so forgive me if I am in the wrong area please. I have been reading this thread for awhile, and it looks like what I want to do is possible but I am confused by the various means discussed here to accomplish it.

What I am trying to do is expose my library to the web, via an existing IIS 6.0 web server I already have on my network. I want to use HTTPS as the protocol which my home webserver is setup to do.

I am unsure what I need to do to "reroute" Calibre's internal web server to allow me to serve the content via my own server. I have Calibre installed on the same server (A Windows Home Server OS based on Server 2003). The library is also already stored on the server and is accessible.

Any pointers or tips would be greatly appreciated! And I am sorry if this has been asked and answered but I could not find the necessary information with the searches I ran against the forum, or perhaps did not recognize the information for what it was.
rbruceporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #282
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbruceporter View Post
What I am trying to do is expose my library to the web, via an existing IIS 6.0 web server I already have on my network. I want to use HTTPS as the protocol which my home webserver is setup to do.
To do what you describe, you must set up IIS to be a reverse proxy.

From what I see via a quick i'net search, IIS 6 does not come with reverse proxy functionality. There are third-party add-ons and various hacks available to add it. Search for 'IIS 6.0 reverse proxy' and see if one of the posts/threads applies to your configuration.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #283
solomon
Connoisseur
solomon began at the beginning.

Device: Win 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbruceporter View Post

I am unsure what I need to do to "reroute" Calibre's internal web server to allow me to serve the content via my own server. I have Calibre installed on the same server (A Windows Home Server OS based on Server 2003). The library is also already stored on the server and is accessible.
The simplest route IMHO is to put Calibre on port 8080 and let it run in parallel to IIS. I do this on a WHS box - Calibre on 8080 with router forwarding that port to the WHS box, WHS/IIS on port 80 and more.

Richard
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:07 PM   #284
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
The simplest route IMHO is to put Calibre on port 8080 and let it run in parallel to IIS. I do this on a WHS box - Calibre on 8080 with router forwarding that port to the WHS box, WHS/IIS on port 80 and more.
He would lose any IIS authentication. That might be a deal-killer.

I run reverse proxy (using apache) instead of direct for that reason.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:34 AM   #285
jsandie
jsandie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650
Sorry found answer
jsandie is offline   Reply With Quote