Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-28-2017, 04:42 AM   #271
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
Well, I don’t think Turing tried to convince us that they have to be used as all-purpose machines... I’m happy to have some that are used as such, and others, with the right user-interface, can become excellent specialized devices...
Yes, but out of respect for Turing...

Ok, seriously: the problem with specialized devices is that they are never perfect, hence you will always miss pieces the more their features become fixed.

Last edited by mdp; 12-28-2017 at 04:47 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:22 PM   #272
KindleMeAndrey
Enthusiast
KindleMeAndrey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard
Looks like it went up for sale on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Onyx-Boox-rea.../dp/B077GVLMJN
KindleMeAndrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2017, 02:10 AM   #273
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleMeAndrey View Post
And noticeably cheaper than in Europe...
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 04:18 AM   #274
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
(The price for the North Americas and that for Europe seem to be the same figure, cheaper because of the currency exchange. And I see the same figure in Chinese channels.)

And you have not checked the parallel thread out of curiosity?
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 05:46 AM   #275
orpheus2011
Connoisseur
orpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Says currently unavailable...was it on sale, in stock earlier?
orpheus2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2017, 06:50 AM   #276
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2011 View Post
Says currently unavailable...was it on sale, in stock earlier?
When I checked it yesterday, there were still 9 units.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:59 AM   #277
viceant
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
(The price for the North Americas and that for Europe seem to be the same figure, cheaper because of the currency exchange. And I see the same figure in Chinese channels.)

And you have not checked the parallel thread out of curiosity?
I don't know what parallel thread you are referring to.

Concerning the currency exchange, yes, but the seller in Europe is buying it in $ and sells in €... I know European taxes are higher, but, were the US prices also including taxes ?

Last edited by viceant; 12-31-2017 at 07:18 AM. Reason: correct awful spanglish... I hope
Old 12-31-2017, 08:33 AM   #278
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Hm..

Just for your information.

Amazon seller offered a net price of $799 (does not include taxes) and it is actually about €680 (average exchange rate in last two months 1 : 1.18)
It is obviously not noticeable cheaper, than our offer in EU (€671 net price).

If you import something from non-EU country, you have to pay additionally VAT of your country on the product price + shipping during import (e.g. 21% in Spain). So your final price would be at least €822.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:09 AM   #279
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Any news on when the Note might be available? The Max2 seems a bit too big for my uses, but the Note might be a nice fit.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:32 AM   #280
viceant
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Any news on when the Note might be available? The Max2 seems a bit too big for my uses, but the Note might be a nice fit.
Maybe at CES 2018?
Old 01-01-2018, 08:31 AM   #281
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
I am waiting for a good review of screen mirroring functionality before I'll order Max 2..

Hopefully some of you guys will receive it any day now and provide us with some feedback!
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 03:55 PM   #282
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Onyx Note was scheduled to start production at the end of this month, however it looks like Onyx is going to postpone the mass production to begin of March.

Last edited by Booxtor; 01-01-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:12 PM   #283
KindleMeAndrey
Enthusiast
KindleMeAndrey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard
Bummer about the delay until March. I was hoping to get one sooner than later. I think 13" is way too big for me, but 10" would be just right. Thanks for the info.
KindleMeAndrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:51 PM   #284
terekkincaid
Connoisseur
terekkincaid doesn't litterterekkincaid doesn't litter

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Onyx Note was scheduled to start production at the end of this month, however it looks like Onyx is going to postpone the mass production to begin of March.
Will this affect the delivery date of the 2nd batch (the one that is supposed to arrive by Jan 18), or are those already locked in?
terekkincaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:46 PM   #285
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Bummer about the delay until March. I was hoping to get one sooner than later. I think 13" is way too big for me, but 10" would be just right. Thanks for the info.
Actually, not such a bummer for me. I would have been very tempted to get one as soon as it came out. However, the delayed launch will allow me to see if any of Onyx's competitors have anything worthy in the works. It will also allow me to see just how well the Max2 is functioning since it will be using essentially the same hardware and software.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote