Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-30-2019, 03:25 AM   #28261
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up: Julius Katz and Archie by Dave Zeltserman.
Which, as mentioned, was very good.

Next I read Asimov's SF Magazine for May/June 2019. Another good issue. And now I'm reading both Analog SFF Magazine for May/June 2019 and also Children of the Storm, another Amelia Peabody mystery.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:53 PM   #28262
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Been completely out of the loop here for a few weeks working on some particularly hard cases. I have missed some book club books, but am currently getting through Arkady Martine's debut A Memory Called Empire and am enjoying it immensely. Martine is the pen name for a Byzantine scholar, and she has basically written Byzantine politics in space. I love it
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2019, 04:41 PM   #28263
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Been completely out of the loop here for a few weeks working on some particularly hard cases. I have missed some book club books, but am currently getting through Arkady Martine's debut A Memory Called Empire and am enjoying it immensely. Martine is the pen name for a Byzantine scholar, and she has basically written Byzantine politics in space. I love it
Glad to see you're resurfacing, astrangerhere. We've missed you. Next month's book is a very light read, but so far is fun. And don't miss out on your chance to get in a new theme.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:40 AM   #28264
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I ditched Beautiful Bad by Annie Ward at 75%. Just didn't care what was going on so I gave up. Started on a Star Trek book The Rings of Tautee by Dean Wesley Smith and Kristine Kathryn Rusch.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 01:48 PM   #28265
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Already finished The Rings of Tautee. Wow it only took 4 days??! Good classic Star Trek!!! Worth the 99c obviously.

Now going to read The Autumn Republic by Brian McClellan. Bought this whole trilogy on sale for like $2.99 each! Might take a little longer to read. LOL
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2019, 02:50 PM   #28266
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
Finished reading Shards of Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:45 AM   #28267
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I just finished reading the Audible version of The Flowers of Vashnoi, an Ekatarin novella by Lois McMaster Bujold. Which was quite fun and made me immediately want to re-read Miles in Love, the omnibus edition in which she and Miles get together.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:06 AM   #28268
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Mentioned in a recommendation thread, I've been reading a couple of short story anthologies by Alan Dean Foster. I'm going to have to read some of his books.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:45 PM   #28269
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
And now I'm reading both Analog SFF Magazine for May/June 2019 and also Children of the Storm, another Amelia Peabody mystery.
Both of which were excellent, as expected.

And now a very recent purchase: Head On by John Scalzi. An SF/Detective novel.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:28 AM   #28270
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
Quote:
I've read Lock In, which I thought was excellent 👍
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:46 PM   #28271
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Finished listening to Feast of Souls and now listening to Black Crow, White Snow. Meanwhile I tore through Flee in electronic form and now reading We Are Legion (We Are Bob)
Old 05-10-2019, 08:31 AM   #28272
RobertLCollins
Groupie
RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertLCollins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Yesterday I finished The Bayern Agenda by Dan Moren. It's a space opera spy thriller that takes place in the same universe as his first book, The Caledonian Gambit. The new novel has a strong and twisty plot. I enjoyed the two viewpoint characters and the others they met along the way. I liked that the universe is much more filled out in this novel than in the first. I know about both these books because Moren is on The Incomparable podcast quite a lot.
RobertLCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:47 AM   #28273
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Which was most enjoyable.

Next I read GG#83 - the usual good mix of adventures in the 17th century and SF. I'm looking forward to the second part of the final SF story in this issue.

Now I'm reading F&SF for May/June 2019. (Now my most expensive subscription - £5 an issue!)
Old 05-10-2019, 11:24 AM   #28274
Dngrsone
Almost legible

Finished Black Crow, White Snow (Audio) by Michael Livingston; an Audible original, apparently. It was free and just over three hours, but a nice story with great narration.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:17 PM   #28275
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
I’m close to finishing Dark Passions, the lucky thirteenth volume in the venerable “Hot Blood” series of erotic horror anthologies. Unfortunately, this electronic edition is plagued by many instances of the same three basic issues: bad hyphenation, inconsistent ellipsis formatting, and two types of “section break” formatting (extra blank lines vs. row of asterisks) that don’t have a clear semantic distinction.

Good stories, though, provided the subject matter is up your alley.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote