Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #256
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE at Amazon US:

--Hired by the Cowboy - Donna Alward [Harlequin/Contemporary]

--I just realized and checked - this is also free at tryharlequin.com, all the other titles at tryharlequin.com are also at Amazon, I thought this looked familiar!

Last edited by kg3; 08-20-2012 at 08:17 PM.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #257
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
On Sale 99 cents!

His Darkest Hunger (Jaguar Warrior 1) by Juliana Stone
Genre: Paranormal Romance (Feline Shifter!)
Publisher: Avon (2010)
Note: Sale price should be available everywhere Agency books are sold.

Quote:
Jaxon Castille: jaguar shifter, warrior, assassin. He has long hungered for the chance to make his former lover, Libby Jamieson, pay for her deadly betrayal. After three long years he's finally found her. The hunt is over . . .

But the Libby that he finds is not what he expected. She has no memory of their tumultuous affair, of her treachery, of anything beyond her own name. A shadowy and deadly clan has marked them both for death, and in an instant, he game changes: the hunter has become the hunted.

On the run, with the ghosts of their past between them and a dark, desperate hunger quickly reclaiming their bodies and souls, Libby and Jaxon must discover the truth behind the dark forces working against them. Together, they must grab hold of a destiny that has the power to either heal them or destroy them.

But the truth is far more shattering than anyone could imagine . . .
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #258
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On Sale 99 cents!

A Quick Bite (The Argeneau Family 1) by Lynsay Sands
Genre: Paranormal Romance (Vampires)
Publisher: Avon (2005)

Spoiler:
Oh and get this the heroine who is a vampire faints at the site of blood!

Quote:
That hot guy tied to Lissianna Argeneau's bed? He's not dessert—he's the main course!

Lissianna has been spending her centuries pining for Mr. Right, not just a quick snack, and this sexy guy she finds in her bed looks like he might be a candidate. But there's another, more pressing issue: her tendency to faint at the sight of blood . . . an especially annoying quirk for a vampire. Of course it doesn't hurt that this man has a delicious-looking neck. What kind of cold-blooded vampire woman could resist a bite of that?

Dr. Gregory Hewitt recovers from the shock of waking up in a stranger's bedroom pretty quickly—once he sees a gorgeous woman about to treat him to a wild night of passion. But is it possible for the good doctor to find true love with a vampire vixen, or will he be just a good meal? That's a question Dr. Greg might be willing to sink his teeth into . . . if he can just get Lissianna to bite.
This was my first paranormal romance outside of time travel romances. I was instantly hooked! The author is hilarious! I have been reading the series for years. Savoring each novel. Ms. Sands take on Vampires are unique and not at all traditional but you grow to love the zany family. I think Book 4 will always be my favorite in the series. If you have not read an Argeneau novel you are missing out!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #259
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free:

Someone To Believe In by Kathryn Shay
Genre Contemporary Romance
Former Publisher: Berkley (2005-2008)
Series: O'Neil Brothers 1
Note: Famous Harlequin author.
Smashwords

Last edited by Blossom; 08-22-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #260
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free:

Sixty Acres and a Bride by Regina Jennings
Genre: Inspirational Historical Western Romance
Publisher: Bethany House (February 1, 2012)
Note: Repeat Freebie (March 2012)
Christianbook (epub) Nook

Last edited by Blossom; 08-22-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Advert
Old 08-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #261
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

On Sale: $1.99

The Duke And I by Julia Quinn
Genre: Historical Regency Romance
Series: The Bridgertons 01
Publisher: Avon (2009)
Old 08-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #262
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

I love Julia Quinn's books, there's almost always such humor in them I giggle when I'm reading them. I know she's not for the historical purists (she sneaks hints to current cultural references in to her stories, for example), but I like her books anyway.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #263
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
That's the only kind of historical I can read. I've read a couple of her books that didn't get great reviews....but they were definitely my cuppa tea!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #264
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I'm not purist I can stand a little out of the ordinary when it comes to Regencies. Mainly for me it's dialogue. If they talk like modern characters I just put the book down. It's been a long time since I've read one of books so I guess it didn't bother me.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #265
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Also FREE by Kathryn Shay:

In Too Deep (Hidden Cove Series) [Novella] - Kathryn Shay Amazon US / Smashwords

-It's the first novella in her America's Bravest 6 Novella series

Quote:
Kathryn Shay spent five years riding fire trucks with a large city fire department, eating in their firehouses and interviewing hundreds of America’s Bravest. Read the novellas that resulted from her intense relationship with firefighters!

In AMERICA’S BRAVEST, each of the six novellas details both the love and work of one firefighter with overarching themes of arson, a blogger out to discredit them, and balancing their personal and professional lives.

In IN TOO DEEP, Captain Gabe Malvaso struggles with his attraction to Rachel Wellington, a firefighter on his squad. But when they’re trapped in a basement, thinking they’ll die, all bets are off.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:58 PM   #266
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
Well, "instead" is what it turned out to be. I couldn't get in the mood to read them. I'm not much of a fan fiction buff, but pretty much only got them due to the free/cheaper price - they're not really high up in line on my TBR list.
Ditto! That's exactly why I was asking if they were any good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald07 View Post
Seriously enjoying "Lakota Surrender" right now...
I really enjoyed it, too! I live maybe four hours from the historic fort where it takes place, so it was additionally fun just for that. I have a nephew that is kind of into little western playsets, so maybe when he's a little older I'll take him to visit the museum and such. Get him interested in history early!

He has lots of those little green army men, and sets up these epic battle scenes with those and the firemen, ninjas, Indians, knights, and whatever else they make. Medieval knights with tanks instead of horses, canoes next to airplanes... It's awesome!

Quote:
Quick Links for the Karen Kay's Lakota series.
Lakota Princess (Book 2)
$3.99-Publisher $3.03-Amazon $3.51-Nook $2.67-Books On Board $3.79-Sony
You guys will have to let me know what you think of the second one, so I can decide if I want to get it next month. I spent the remainder of my non-Amazon August book budget on digital end-of-summer gifts for my nephews. They are my babies, and I spoil them when I can!

Quote:
Thanks B! $6.01 is pretty sweet for 2 & 3! I have been eye-balling them today on AMZ, with lust in my heart...

Was in the mood for more of the genre after finishing "Texas Lily"...
*See post #186- Had to read the controversial scene after my rant *

Going on a big NA Historical kick here...read "Cherokee Storm" earlier this summer...It was enjoyable, buy not $4.47 enjoyable, sooo happy to get free.

I thank all who contribute here. You have enriched my life with great deals and good books!
I've been on a western historical kick in general, myself, and recently found that Cherokee Storm book buried in my ADE archive. Not sure how I missed it, but am looking forward to reading it! What did you think about the scene in Texas Lily? lol

Maureen McKade has had several books on sale for $2.99 for the last few months. They are straight-up westerns, though, not NA.

Also, Patricia Hagan had a NA freebie back in June called "Say You Love Me" so check your archives!
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:25 AM   #267
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post
Maureen McKade has had several books on sale for $2.99 for the last few months. They are straight-up westerns, though, not NA.
I have all her westerns. I bought a few in paperback then when they went on sale I bought them in ebook format.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #268
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
YAY! I have "Say You Love Me"!!!!
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:29 AM   #269
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm not purist I can stand a little out of the ordinary when it comes to Regencies. Mainly for me it's dialogue. If they talk like modern characters I just put the book down. It's been a long time since I've read one of books so I guess it didn't bother me.
If the dialogue and the attitudes are too modern, I am put off. Well, I guess it also really bugs me when there are glaring historical inaccuracies. There's a few "popular" self-pubbed books that have reviews noting that the heroine in a Regency-era novel inherits an entailed estate. I can suspend disbelief and accept ghosts or other paranormal things. I can't suspend disbelief for blatant historical mistakes. Dear Author calls them "mistoricals" and I love that term!

Quote:

There was a special "bonus edition" of this book out last year at this time so you guys might check your archives before buying! It had a different ISBN number, so won't trigger one of those "you already own this, dummy" notices that I so rely upon.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:32 AM   #270
pisceschick
Addict

Quote:
I have all her westerns. I bought a few in paperback then when they went on sale I bought them in ebook format.
I'm hoping that the continuing discount means that she has something new in the works, and they're promoting her!

Also hoping she gets moving and gets her backlist up. I don't like reading paperbacks anymore! *whine*

Quote:
YAY! I have "Say You Love Me"!!!!
Woot!