Notices

Old 08-27-2007, 12:27 PM   #256
Ravenflight
Connoisseur
Ravenflight began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, Macbook, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martytoof View Post
Called to get a status on my reader, was told that the warehouse was expecting a shipment today or tomorrow and that all orders would be fulfilled by September 10th.
YAY! I hope this means they'll be shipping mine out in the next day or two. I already bought two books for it from Fictionwise. Be a shame if I finish reading both before it even arrives.
Ravenflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:05 PM   #257
Kilarney
Connoisseur
Kilarney doesn't litterKilarney doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Just got my card today. That was super fast - less than a week.
I'm glad to hear that the Reader should be shipping soon, since I'm off to order mine.
Kilarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2007, 02:31 PM   #258
Martytoof
Enthusiast
Martytoof began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Yeah. I guess the only good thing about the readers being out of stock is that Sony has to at least notice there's a demand for the product.
Martytoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:39 PM   #259
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I talked to Chase today. They said that I was approved and that my card is in the Mail. The reader isn't for me, but for a friend's birthday. But that doesn't mean I can't play with it for a while.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:52 PM   #260
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
I talked to Chase today. They said that I was approved and that my card is in the Mail. The reader isn't for me, but for a friend's birthday. But that doesn't mean I can't play with it for a while.
Are you planning to install any hacks for your friend? If so, I recommend limiting it to just the menu font size and the direct page jump.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2007, 09:57 PM   #261
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Are you planning to install any hacks for your friend? If so, I recommend limiting it to just the menu font size and the direct page jump.
I doubt she would ever install any hacks herself. But to be honest, I don't know much about what the Sony needs to be as user friendly as possible. I guess I'll have to use it for a while and make some educated decisions.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:15 AM   #262
phrodod
Enthusiast
phrodod began at the beginning.

I called today, and the rep told me that all reader orders should be shipped by Sept 10. Tonight, I got home to find an e-mail indicating that mine shipped today (ordered August 17th, card ordered around a week before that). So now I expect it to arrive some time next week, but I wouldn't mind if it showed up Friday!

While mine was back-ordered, I noticed that I could add another one to my cart at the same promotional price if I had another 50 points to play with. I created a wish list (guess what was in it?!?), which gave me an additional 50 points, and would have allowed me to place another order. But then I decided that I didn't want to risk jeopardizing the order I had in.

Now, it's offering me a promotional price of 16,000 points ($160 if I buy it with dollars), which would still be a good deal. But I'm not (yet) that desperate.

Phrodod
phrodod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:54 AM   #263
Martytoof
Enthusiast
Martytoof began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I just got my ship notification email; I ordered the reader on the 16th. If anyone who ordered theirs before me hasn't yet received shipping confirmation, I'd be on the phone with Sony Rewards right now
Martytoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:15 AM   #264
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenflight View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes from the time you order the Reader to the time it's delivered? Do they give you a shipping confirmation and tracking number? Do they ship USPS, UPS, or Fedex? I pray it's not Fedex. I haven't heard anything from Sony since I got my order confirmation two days ago.
Well, I'm from Croatia, so I needed to order it through someone who ships internationally and that's B&H Photo (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/). They shipped it next day, because I ordered it on July 4th. As you know (I'm sure you do), no one works on 4th. I'd forgotten that fact and ordered it anyway. Also, I used USPS express mail (a bit faster, 7$ more expansive) because I was in a hurry. To cut story short, with customs time included, I had it in Monday (4th was Thursday). This is extremely fast in my opinion and I don't use UPS and other things like that. They cost too much money for shipping to Croatia.

Anyway, I'm happy with B&H.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:36 AM   #265
nesagwa
Connoisseur
nesagwa began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Well, I'm from Croatia, so I needed to order it through someone who ships internationally and that's B&H Photo (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/). They shipped it next day, because I ordered it on July 4th. As you know (I'm sure you do), no one works on 4th. I'd forgotten that fact and ordered it anyway. Also, I used USPS express mail (a bit faster, 7$ more expansive) because I was in a hurry. To cut story short, with customs time included, I had it in Monday (4th was Thursday). This is extremely fast in my opinion and I don't use UPS and other things like that. They cost too much money for shipping to Croatia.

Anyway, I'm happy with B&H.
Wow, I bought my camcorder from them last year and they are in fact a very good electronics store. That is an incredibly short ship time for an international order.

My reader shipped from Sony today, ordered it on the 15th. Hope its here by monday.
nesagwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:46 AM   #266
phrodod
Enthusiast
phrodod began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesagwa View Post
My reader shipped from Sony today, ordered it on the 15th. Hope its here by monday.
Don't look for it to arrive on Monday, as that's a holiday. But maybe on Tuesday...

Phrodod
phrodod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:35 AM   #267
nesagwa
Connoisseur
nesagwa began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrodod View Post
Don't look for it to arrive on Monday, as that's a holiday. But maybe on Tuesday...

Phrodod
Doh, Should have remembered that the mail person would have the day off. Even I have the day off.
nesagwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:11 AM   #268
lj69
lj69 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY
i got the card 2 day ago, login the site and purchased the e reader, but for some how it not showing the promotion, so when check out they required to buy about 15,850 point equal $158.50 for the e reader, call the sonyreward, they denied and pass me to chase credit card, wait for 1/2 hour to talk with them and they said go ahead and check out, but still $158.50, chase have to call sony and they cancel my oder and said wait for couple day to try or can call them, to much trouble while the promotion is posted on the web ...???
lj69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:20 PM   #269
mdhuang
Bookworm
mdhuang doesn't littermdhuang doesn't litter

Device: Sony CLIE NX80V, PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrodod View Post
While mine was back-ordered, I noticed that I could add another one to my cart at the same promotional price if I had another 50 points to play with. I created a wish list (guess what was in it?!?), which gave me an additional 50 points, and would have allowed me to place another order. But then I decided that I didn't want to risk jeopardizing the order I had in.
I placed a second order for $60 but it was cancelled the same day my first order was shipped. I read on fatwallet that some people have used this tactics to order 2 or 3 readers for $60 successfully. But I am late in the game and Sony has plugged the loophole.
mdhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:09 PM   #270
Taureg
Taureg began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
I have been trying to get the $49.99 deal linked to my card for several weeks - and gave up. I bought it for $159 after spending HOURS on the phone with SonyStyle, SonyRewards, SonyCard and Chase (which at one point told me they were linking the card but nothing happened).

Do NOT believe them when they say they are looking into which offer you're eligible for and they'll call you back within 2 days - they won't - and none of the various companies that you call has any idea what is going on so they tell you to call a different one.

What it seems like is that you are linked to an offer when you apply for your card and that is that.

I applied for the card in the SonyStyle store in Manhattan - they said I'd be approved immediately but it took a couple of weeks. Someone else I know did it on-line and was approved immediately. But both of us are getting the $159 deal.

Sony has to be the most incompetent company I have ever encountered where customer service is concerned.
Taureg is offline   Reply With Quote