Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #26701
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I like the way your sparkling earrings lay,
Against your skin, it's so brown.
And I wanna sleep with you in the desert tonight
With a billion stars all around.

'Cause I got a peaceful easy feeling,
And I know you won't let me down
'cause I'm already standing on the ground.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbjynd_KX4o )

Good morning, everyone. Sunny and cool Thursday morning in the Land of Smiles, and I'm feelin' good! There's East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea in my mug, phad pet keng gai in my bowl, and I'm ready to challenge the absurdly easy Thai car driving test. I believe today is going to be a very good day!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:22 AM   #26702
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another late afternoon celebratory glass. This time, rum!
I'm now an official Thai driver with a 5-year license! But that driving test!!!
If you can believe it, they actually made me turn left, turn right, stop at a stop sign, and pull up to the curb! It's also possible that the proctor was watching when I stopped at the stop sign, but that could have been my imagination...

Stitchawl
Advert
Old 11-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #26703
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Pu erh. I love this stuff.

Wow, I so could pass that test.

Maybe (winks)
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #26704
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Having a great time in India. On a budgettrip and little wifi, so travelimpressions will have to wait.......kingfisherbeer in my cup. Lovely weather and great sights as Taj Mahal and tomorrow the biggestlargest camelfair in the world in Pushkar.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #26705
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for checking in! Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Advert
Old 11-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #26706
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Second mug of tea.

And, man, do I need it!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #26707
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
More rose hip tea.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #26708
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Another late afternoon celebratory glass. This time, rum!
I'm now an official Thai driver with a 5-year license! But that driving test!!!
If you can believe it, they actually made me turn left, turn right, stop at a stop sign, and pull up to the curb! It's also possible that the proctor was watching when I stopped at the stop sign, but that could have been my imagination...

Stitchawl
Congratulations on overcoming this difficult and challenging trial.

Clearly, a celebratory rum is totally appropriate, even if I think a bit of Lagavulin would be more appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Pu erh. I love this stuff.

Maybe (winks)
Oh, I don't know. It sounds awfully difficult. Especially with a proctor watching the stop sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Having a great time in India. On a budgettrip and little wifi, so travelimpressions will have to wait.......kingfisherbeer in my cup. Lovely weather and great sights as Taj Mahal and tomorrow the biggestlargest camelfair in the world in Pushkar.
Thanks for the check-in, and I hope you continue to have a great time.

Well, it's November on the Wet Coast, and it's proving why this is our wettest month. The hens are hunkered down in their Taj Mahen, glad the're dry and have lots of food, water, and fresh shavings. But wondering where their scratch is. (They only get it at round up time, so none when they're inside the coop all day.)

For me, a mug of Murchie's Russian Caravan, with it's healthy dollop of Lapsang Souchong. This is really an excellent wet weather breakfast tea.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #26709
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

More pu erh
Old 11-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #26710
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Ardbeg ..... lots of Ardbeg ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #26711
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Argh. That would definitely improve my evening. I'll settle for diet coke, I fear.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #26712
Stitchawl
Opsimath

It's been a hard day's night
And I've been working like a dog
It's been a hard day's night
I should be sleeping like a log
But when I get home to you
I find the things that you do
Will make me feel alright.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlDdcCzKjsc )

Maybe just a bit too much celebrating...

Good morning, everyone. Winter has arrived with its 26°c weather... at least until 9am when it will warm up to 30°. Getting out of the shower this morning was difficult. I almost shivered. But I have nice warm unbranded Keemun tea to warm me up, so I'll survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Maybe (winks)
With all due respect, ma'am, an armadillo could pass that test...

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Sounds as if you're having a wonderful time! The Taj Mahal is a spectacular sight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Congratulations on overcoming this difficult and challenging trial.
I owe it all to self discipline. I was able to sit in the driver's seat and NOT become paralyzed by uncontrolled fits of laughter.

Quote:
Oh, I don't know. It sounds awfully difficult. Especially with a proctor watching the stop sign.
Keep in mind that I only think he may have been watching. The stop sign was at the far end of the heavily wooded test area, blocked from view, and the proctor never got out of his chair at the desk at the opposite side. He did, however, carefully watch me pull to the curb in front of his desk. I somehow (probably due to 45 years spent perfecting exceptional driving skills) managed not to drive UP and OVER the 1ft curb...

Stitchawl
Old 11-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #26713
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

It should be beer but its not. Taking online classes to meet goals for my annual review. I need to do a few a day to stand out. (Yawn)
Old 11-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #26714
CRussel
(he/him/his)

It should be a good Oolong. And it is! Peet's Phoenix Mountain Oolong. One of my favourites.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #26715
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Slow to get moving morning and needing a second cup of Sumatra coffee to even begin thinking about what needs to be done.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?