Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-18-2023, 04:20 PM   #241
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by nraudigy2 View Post
Can't access pCloud without Premium plan
You'll have to wait a few days. It's a free account with a maximum of traffic/week that has obviously been reached.

So you don't have to get an account. Just be patient.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 07:04 AM   #242
alexstacey
alexstacey began at the beginning.

Device: i{ad Mini 6, Pocketbook InkPad Color 3, Kobo Elipsa 2E
I have been trying to get to the pcloud links for the last 3 weeks at different times of the day and it is always "LIMITED DUE TO HIGH TRAFFIC" and I am forced to pay for a Premium Account if I want access -the cheapest option for me is £49.99 per year which I cannot afford. Is there no other way to access the files?
alexstacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2024, 02:55 AM   #243
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

@alexstacey I tried.it just now and the wait-period seems to have ended. Does it work for you, too?
Old 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM   #244
Markismus
Guru

Apparently, the wait-time after high-traffic induces to download the whole collection and thereby create high-traffic and eventually again wait time.

Could someone who downloaded the whole collection open a free pCloud account, created a dated mirror and post a link on this thread? It would double possible traffic and hopefully reduce the induction to download the whole collection.

If someone knows a better way to host the files freely, please suggest. As long as I don't have to host the files privately, I have few restrictions.
Old 01-08-2024, 04:33 AM   #245
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Is there any reason they couldn't be added to the MR wiki?
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2024, 05:52 AM   #246
Markismus
Guru

Well, some of their source material could be under copyright. Never bothered to find out, but I remember a thread on Mobileread being closed due to the Larousse dictionary conversion. So I doubt that the moderators would be in favour of it.

Last edited by Markismus; 01-08-2024 at 06:01 AM.
Old 01-08-2024, 08:52 AM   #247
Markismus
Guru

Link to mirror of the pCloud account on 8th of January '24

Hopefully this will spread the traffic.
Old 01-08-2024, 03:14 PM   #248
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Good point on the copyrights, and thanks for creating the mirror!
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 04:19 PM   #249
fourcrosses
fourcrosses began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Could you update the nld-nld van dale GWHN? I wonder what's changed from 2019 to 2023. A changelog would be nice.
fourcrosses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 02:14 AM   #250
Markismus
Guru

@fourcroases No. Especially not out of thin air.
Old 02-29-2024, 09:43 AM   #251
retiarylime
retiarylime has learned how to read e-booksretiarylime has learned how to read e-booksretiarylime has learned how to read e-booksretiarylime has learned how to read e-booksretiarylime has learned how to read e-booksretiarylime has learned how to read e-booksretiarylime has learned how to read e-books

Device: KINDLE PPW10, PB TOUCH HD3
Dear @Markismus, would it be easy for you to convert the attached Merriam-Webster's Advanced Learner's dictionary to pocketbook format? I have tried to convert this dictionary using your script but messed up with line breaks after reconstruction.

Thank you in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: zip mobi.zip (20.50 MB, 44 views)
retiarylime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 10:01 AM   #252
Markismus
Guru

@retiarylime I'll give it a look after I return from vacation.

EDIT: The script didn't know how to handle this. Visually the articles are separated by a horizontal line. So it shouldn't be too hard. Maybe I'll get around to make a dirty hack.

EDIT2: Apparently the script can't find the start-tag. So the problem is that the word on the first line of the text-fragment has a superscript or dashes or dots, e.g. abil·i·ty. So it's a non-uniform mess meant for human lookup.

Last edited by Markismus; 03-03-2024 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-04-2024, 11:23 PM   #253
retiarylime
retiarylime has learned how to read e-booksretiarylime has learned how to read e-booksretiarylime has learned how to read e-booksretiarylime has learned how to read e-booksretiarylime has learned how to read e-booksretiarylime has learned how to read e-booksretiarylime has learned how to read e-books

Device: KINDLE PPW10, PB TOUCH HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
@retiarylime I'll give it a look after I return from vacation.

EDIT: The script didn't know how to handle this. Visually the articles are separated by a horizontal line. So it shouldn't be too hard. Maybe I'll get around to make a dirty hack.

EDIT2: Apparently the script can't find the start-tag. So the problem is that the word on the first line of the text-fragment has a superscript or dashes or dots, e.g. abil·i·ty. So it's a non-uniform mess meant for human lookup.
I see 🙂🙃. Does the pocketbook able to view superscript as superscript (not as normal size alphabet)?
retiarylime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 02:22 PM   #254
fourcrosses
fourcrosses began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
@fourcroases not out of thin air.
Well, anyone owning a kobo can obtain the (updated) dictionary files for free. (\.kobo\dict) They're a bunch of .html files like before (in a zip). Do you want me to provide them to you? You should be able to get them (and other dictionaries) automatically (free) if you sync your device. I've personally looked around and found a 'converter.exe' but I'm afraid the steps involved are too complicated for me personally. I assumed an update would be easy for one already more involved in the steps required. Unless the dictionaries are encrypted somehow, a subject I have even less knowledge on. But I figured since the 2019 version was converted, it should be possible to do with the updated version. I'll await your advice.
fourcrosses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 02:37 AM   #255
Markismus
Guru

@retiarylime The dictionary looks like the first screenshot in mobireader on wine. The extracted rawml-file looks like the 2nd screenshot in firefox.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2024-03-06 08-31-01.png
Views:	26
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	206734   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2024-03-06 08-33-50.png
Views:	32
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	206736