Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-01-2008, 08:19 PM   #241
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
And I just spent the entire weekend painting. Started out paitning the fence the wrong color. Then painted the new doors with an extremely expensive latex. Took two and sometimes three coats. I am dog tired. If any of you have children, encourage them to elope. Or have a wedding in Vegas. Or just kill them before they start to date. It would be justified homicide. I'd testify for you.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:22 PM   #242
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
And I just spent the entire weekend painting. Started out paitning the fence the wrong color. Then painted the new doors with an extremely expensive latex. Took two and sometimes three coats. I am dog tired. If any of you have children, encourage them to elope. Or have a wedding in Vegas. Or just kill them before they start to date. It would be justified homicide. I'd testify for you.
heh...

poor pshrynk. luckily for you tomorrow is monday and you can go back to work. (i've never understood that expression "it's a dog's life". most of the dogs i know have it pretty easy. none of them have jobs.)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2008, 09:31 PM   #243
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
heh...

poor pshrynk. luckily for you tomorrow is monday and you can go back to work. (i've never understood that expression "it's a dog's life". most of the dogs i know have it pretty easy. none of them have jobs.)
Pet dogs. Now try to imagine a sleigh dog like up north, or one of those poor scrawny things around the third world. "A dog's life" shows its true meaning.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:26 PM   #244
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
So I was at a family get together and my 10 year old niece wanted to show Grandma her Webkinz so she went to the website on grandma's computer. Since she had never logged on to the site from this computer it made her go through a terms of agreement page and I was called over because the "I Accept" button didn't work. I had to explain that it was one of those instances where they made you scroll to the end of the text before the "I Accept" button was enabled. The computer had one of the nipple pointers in the keyboard so it wasn't easy to drag the scroll bar so I just let her down arrow through the agreement. It was scrolling faster then anyone could read and it still took 15 to 30 seconds to scroll through it all. This is a kids site.

Now I hate these license agreement/terms of agreement things to start with because I don't know anyone who actually reads them and they're about as useful in a law court as nipples on a bull.... but do they really think that having kids clicking on "I agree" absolves them of anything?
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:10 PM   #245
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Pet dogs. Now try to imagine a sleigh dog like up north, or one of those poor scrawny things around the third world. "A dog's life" shows its true meaning.
As usual, I have a photo (of the latter) if desired...which it probably isn't.

Cheers,
Marc (though I'd happily live my dogs' lives)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #246
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Ha. One of the tutors whom I supervise, went on an exchange visit to the USA. As a joke he said that if people wanted an 'A' grade they should enclose a 20 dollar bill between pages two and three of their essay. (--Yes, he is an idiot.)
About a third of the essays had the money enclosed. He returned them with the bills stapled to the front page.
Back in my teaching days at the university I had the great luck (ugh) to teach "Intro to Mass Media." It was a small cozy class with only 240 students enrolled. Long story short, one failing lady accused me of renigging on a sex-for-grade arrangement. Another lady stepped forward and told the Dean that I had turned her down and that she had a much better body than the accuser. Patricia, I don't know how you deal with it every year.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:40 PM   #247
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Back in my teaching days at the university I had the great luck (ugh) to teach "Intro to Mass Media." It was a small cozy class with only 240 students enrolled. Long story short, one failing lady accused me of renigging on a sex-for-grade arrangement. Another lady stepped forward and told the Dean that I had turned her down and that she had a much better body than the accuser. Patricia, I don't know how you deal with it every year.
It adds another layer of meaning to that good, old, faithful teen-boy parody, (ironically of a "Mass Media" advertising blip), "Got Wood?".

Now, where's that YouTube link of videos of that stand-up comedian/teacher...?

Ahh, here it is:

Taylor Mali
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUYf5Cvb5c8

I have teacher friends. Can you tell?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:34 AM   #248
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

nice video marc ! (i have a teacher friend too...)

edit : hey, that guy is hilarious in ALL his videos. i just watched "The Impotence of Proofreading" ; you should watch it too.

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 06-02-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:24 AM   #249
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
nice video marc ! (i have a teacher friend too...)

edit : hey, that guy is hilarious in ALL his videos. i just watched "The Impotence of Proofreading" ; you should watch it too.
Hey lass, can you give me the gist of what point he was making.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:26 AM   #250
zelda_pinwheel

i could, but i recommend you watch the video for yourself, instead ; it will be infinitely better than any diluted reconstruction i could try to write.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:36 PM   #251
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Some people have apparently had problems getting plagues of locusts, etc properly delivered. To whit:
http://www.ingodsfamily.com/Plagues-subcontracted.txt

moral: If you want it done right, do it yourself.

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 06-02-2008 at 04:52 PM.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:34 PM   #252
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I have to say, that plague of tourists sounded tempting. Nate, do you guarantee American tourists? I don't want those nice Canadian ones. Even with the sugar option, I don't think they could reach the levels of excess that my unfortunate fellow countrybeings can produce.

On the other hand, my particular irritant is about to be hit with a plague of Korean graduate students, many of whom are bringing along not only children, but elderly parents. So perhaps her karma is taking care of things for me.

My complaint today is that I can't stay awake. I called in sick to work and went back to bed... and slept until nearly noon. I'd still be asleep but my lovely husband bribed me out of bed with a promise of shrimp with garlic sauce. That helped, but I'm still really groggy. Time for a cup of tea, I think... the real stuff, not that sissy decaf I usually drink.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #253
zelda_pinwheel

oh, ug ! how irritating for you. is it because of allergy medicine ? on the other hand, perfect excuse to spend all day in bed with a book...

i hope you feel better soon (and that your bed is gezellig in the meantime).

("fellow countrybeings", hee)
Old 06-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #254
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
When my wife is sick I try to change the sheets every day. This has two impacts -- first she has a nicer place to rest and second, she gets back on her feet sooner as she dislikes how I launder the sheets and demands that she alone wash them. (Isn't this why they created professional cleaners?)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:53 PM   #255
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
When my wife is sick I try to change the sheets every day. This has two impacts -- first she has a nicer place to rest and second, she gets back on her feet sooner as she dislikes how I launder the sheets and demands that she alone wash them. (Isn't this why they created professional cleaners?)
I was going to say "What a nice guy you are!" but now I'm not so sure .....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness