Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-16-2020, 06:49 AM   #2401
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This is something that has been happening occasionally. The first time calibre is started after an upgrade, the plugin doesn't load. Sometimes restarting calibre is enough for it to work. Other times, you need to install it again.
Yep, happened to me when upgrading to 5.5. Restart fixed it, no reinstall needed.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:04 AM   #2402
jiembe
Zealot
jiembe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo; Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Did anyone else have KoboTouchExtended delete itself from Calibre when upgrading to 5.5? Reinstalling fixed it but it's strange.
It happened to me as I upgrade to 5. But with 5.5 I lost the KePub Input, Kepub Output and Kepub Metadata Writer.
jiembe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2020, 08:14 PM   #2403
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
After changing the save template, can I get books to the new path without deleting and re-uploading?

I changed the path to Sideloaded/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}, checked "Do not treat replacements as new books...", and then used "Send to device." That resulted in all my books duplicating. Oops.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-21-2020 at 08:35 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:10 PM   #2404
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
After changing the save template, can I get books to the new path without deleting and re-uploading?

I changed the path to Sideloaded/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}, checked "Do not treat replacements as new books...", and then used "Send to device." That resulted in all my books duplicating. Oops.
Sorry, no. To do that would require updating a lot of different things in the database on the device. The device uses the full file path for each book and you can have multiple copies of the book on the device. The "Do not treat replacements as new books..." option comes in place when you replace the existing copy in the same place, not when you send a book to a different location.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:44 PM   #2405
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh well. I re-uploaded all the books.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-21-2020 at 11:48 PM.
Advert
Old 11-22-2020, 06:37 AM   #2406
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Do you realize that you will end up with a lot of empty directories at some point with that path?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:14 AM   #2407
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you realize that you will end up with a lot of empty directories at some point with that path?
Do you realise that you are the only person that cares about this? And would you care to explain exactly how harms the operation of the Kobo device?

Of course, as @ownedbycats probably removed the books using calibre, the driver removed the empty directories as the books were removed.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:11 AM   #2408
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Deleting the books from Calibre also removed the empty directories.

Besides, I have a utility to find and remove empty folders.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:36 PM   #2409
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

When uploading/reuploading books, I notice that they don't show up in collections until I plug the device in a second time. Is this expected? (Restoring bookmarks also don't work on re-uploads until the second connection, but I guess that's Kobo needs to do that import process.)
Old 11-30-2020, 03:27 PM   #2410
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
When uploading/reuploading books, I notice that they don't show up in collections until I plug the device in a second time. Is this expected? (Restoring bookmarks also don't work on re-uploads until the second connection, but I guess that's Kobo needs to do that import process.)
The books do show up in collections once you eject and they get processed. No need to plug the Kobo into Calibre a second time.

You should not have to plug in a second time for bookmarks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 03:37 PM   #2411
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You should not have to plug in a second time for bookmarks.
I set KoboTouchExtended to treat replacements as new books because otherwise the ToC (which is stored in the database for some reason I don't understand - maybe davidfor knows?) didn't update correctly whenever I synced fanfic updates. This deletes the old book and then uploads it as a new one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-11-30 16_42_37-Customize KoboTouchExtended.png
Views:	218
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	183701

However, this means that I have to eject the device, let Calibre import my updated book to create the new database entry, then plug it back in to restore the bookmarks/set the font settings again.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-30-2020 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:09 AM   #2412
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I set KoboTouchExtended to treat replacements as new books because otherwise the ToC (which is stored in the database for some reason I don't understand - maybe davidfor knows?) didn't update correctly whenever I synced fanfic updates. This deletes the old book and then uploads it as a new one:

Attachment 183701

However, this means that I have to eject the device, let Calibre import my updated book to create the new database entry, then plug it back in to restore the bookmarks/set the font settings again.
If you do that, then yes, when you resend a book the collections will not be there. The problem is that the driver will update the collections. But, when the device detects the book has changed, it removes the book details from the database. That includes the collection information. There isn't a way to beat this. The driver is already cheating when it sets the collections when sending a new book. That works as the device doesn't touch the collections for new books and the database keys are predictable.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:25 AM   #2413
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

New question: I set "Kobo Store" to my Ignore Collections list and deleted it on my Kobo. Now reconnecting the Kobo keeps re-creating en empty collection, even though I have it set to delete empty bookshelves. Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: And now the collection restored itself fully. I'm confused.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 12-01-2020 at 01:15 AM.
Old 12-01-2020, 03:16 AM   #2414
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
New question: I set "Kobo Store" to my Ignore Collections list and deleted it on my Kobo. Now reconnecting the Kobo keeps re-creating en empty collection, even though I have it set to delete empty bookshelves. Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: And now the collection restored itself fully. I'm confused.
Did you put quotes around the name? If so, remove them. The ignore collections list is a comma separated list of the names of collections to be ignored. But, it is intended for ignoring collections on the device. It is to allow you to have a collection on the device that you maintain on the device. Otherwise, the driver will remove the books from them. But, if your collection columns have that name in them, I'm not sure what happens. I'd expect it to create the collection and put books on them. But, on later connections, it might not change the collection in any way. I'm not sure as this wasn't a case I thought of or tested.
Old 12-01-2020, 03:17 PM   #2415
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

No quotation marks.

I think the Kobo wifi sync thing ran at some point between the two connections. Could that have restored the collection?

Tags
error, kobo aura one