GonzoGonzalez began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
(2, 'No such file or directory')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 57, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 220, in _upload_books
File "calibre\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 125, in upload_books
File "calibre\devices\usbms\cli.pyo", line 53, in put_file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'L:\\database\\media\\books\\Ivan Iefriemov & Kobo Abe & Rei Bredbieri & Stanislav Liem & Artur Klark & Dzhon Uindiem & Arkadii Strughatskii & Boris Strughatskii & Aiziek Azimov & Kurt Vonn\\Antologhiia - Ivan Iefriemov & Kobo Abe & Rei Bredbieri & Stanislav Liem & Artur Klark & Dzhon Uindiem & Arkadii Strughatskii & Boris Strughatskii & Aiziek Azimov & Kurt Vonniegh.lrf'

Error still happens in version 0.6.8.

Thanks,

Michael
GonzoGonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2009, 01:58 AM   #228
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Odd, works for me. You have any nonstandard preferences that might affect this?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #229
GonzoGonzalez
GonzoGonzalez began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Odd, works for me. You have any nonstandard preferences that might affect this?
I haven't really changed any default settings since I first installed 0.6.4. I tried deleting book from the library, then re-inserting it. Still the same error. What's interesting- on the local computer the book is stored under the path

"C:\Users\Michael K\Books\Al'fried Van Voght\FATA-MORGANA 2 (Fantastichieskiie rasskazy (575)\FATA-MORGANA 2 (Fantastichieskiie rasskazy - Al'fried Van Voght.lrf"

Which is well under 256 characters, while it attempts to save the book to PRS-505 using this path:

"M:\\Al'fried Van Voght & Miurriei Lieinstier & M. Dzhiemison & Kordvieinier Smit & Ketrin Mur & Andre Norton & Siril Kornblat & Devid Kiellier & Dzhiek Finniei & O. Liesli & Lino Al'd\\FATA-MORGANA 2 (Fantastichieskiie rasskazy i poviesti) - Al'fried Van Voght & Miurriei Lieinstier & M. Dzhiemison & Kordvieinier Smit & Ketrin Mur & Andre Norton & Siril Kornblat & Devid Kiellier & Dzhiek Finniei & O. Liesli & Lino Al'dani .lrf"

Which is well over 400. So, for local computer it only uses the first author for the path, while for the device it uses ALL authors listed. But in any case- the program should truncate the path it tries to use to the maximum allowable length for the device's file path, which is probably 256-260 characters, which is the standard on the old versions of windows...

By the way, I still can't change "insert pagebreaks before (XPath)" field in the global (default?) Preferences -> Conversion -> Page Structure. It gets reset to "/" after I click OK. I have to set it for each conversion. It remembers it for each book correctly, but the default cannot be set.

Thanks, Michael

Last edited by GonzoGonzalez; 08-23-2009 at 09:38 AM.
GonzoGonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #230
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoGonzalez View Post
Which is well over 400. So, for local computer it only uses the first author for the path, while for the device it uses ALL authors listed. But in any case- the program should truncate the path it tries to use to the maximum allowable length for the device's file path, which is probably 256-260 characters, which is the standard on the old versions of windows...
It does. The preference not being set is likely a bug, I'll look into that later.
Advert
Old 08-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #231
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Kovid, is there any way to turn OFF the automoatic fetching of recipes, or make it optional? If not is there any possible way that you could make crouping of etchable recipes separate from auto-magical downloading easily?

BTW you're automagical mounting that broke my distro mounting, but seems to be working OK from w/in calibre... Sorry, but your mount helper has broken mounting, not my distro which is pretty much THE distro today...

i.e. you've managed to break my normal way of mounting ephemeral devices under Ubuntu which works for everything but Calibre, so saying to continue doing what I doo when it's broken doesn't work...

(auto mounting is handled by kernel devices plus gnome desktop, nothing unusual here that I've found...)

Last edited by cutterjohn42; 08-23-2009 at 09:26 PM.
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #232
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Too many automagical's in that. I have no idea what you're trying to say.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #233
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Give me a chance to see what happen with 0.6.8 as it appears that you've made some changes to the mounting code that affects Sony readers(others too?).

As far as automounting in Ubuntu goes it appears to be handled by the kernel(and modules) which nautilus(if using the base distro) pick up and react to by displaying a device icon, etc. I still don't know if the non-updated mtab was a fluke or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's been decided to not update mtab for USB devices as they tend to be plugged in/unplugged fairly frequently, or at least if you look at in the case of camera, phones, etc.
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:40 AM   #234
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

calibre uses the following sequence to mount and mount.

1. Detect device
2. Wait a few seconds to give the OS the chance to mount
3. If still unmounted, mount it under meda using the OS supplied mount command
4. When the user asks for an eject,use the OS supplied eject command. On linux, if the device is mounted without an entry in mtab, then the eject command fails.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #235
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Kovid, I really liked the look of my ebooks when converting from lit to lrf with the older version of Calibre. For some reason, the newer version is including extra page breaks between chapters in some ebooks and in others a smaller font size for the different sizes available on my 700. Can you tell me or is there a source somewhere (ie., User's Guide) of what settings where used for conversions in the older version? I know Epub is the way of the future, but the paging gives me a headache. Thanks.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:43 AM   #236
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

LRF conversion is somewhat inferior in the 0.6 series (it got the least work under the new conversion engine). Page breaks are controlled by the page breaks before and chapter options. Font sizes will not be simple to fix, I'm afraid.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:18 AM   #237
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
LRF conversion is somewhat inferior in the 0.6 series.
Maybe a silly question with a probable negative answer: is there a way to install different versions of Calibre on the same computer (Windows XP)? I mean without partitions, dual-boots...
I still prefer lrf's full justification and I'm not willing yet to fully shift to epub.
I don't remember if during installation I was asked to install Calibre for a single user or all users. Could it be possible to install different versions of Calibre for different users?

Last edited by Kostas; 08-27-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:26 AM   #238
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Thanks Kovid. I guess I'll just go back to the earlier version of Calibre which worked fine for me. Maybe one day they'll fix the page numbering in Epub and I'll be able to move on from LRF.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #239
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It is possible to have multiple installs of calibre as long as they dont share the same library. Search this forum for portable calibre where there are instructions on how to run calibre of a USB disk.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #240
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
Great! Thanks a lot Kovid!
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote