Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-23-2021, 03:21 PM   #2341
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I think what you want is for the "Finished" column to show the date last read from the device when the book is finished. But, not to show anything at other times. If so, you could use a template like:

Code:
program:
cmp($$#kobo_percent_read, 100, '', format_date($$#kobo_last_read,'dd MMM yyyy'), format_date($$#kobo_last_read,'dd MMM yyyy'));
That will show the last read date when the percent read reaches 100. The column names need to be changed to fit what yours.

If it is something else, then I can try. But, you might want to look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=343076 where I discuss doing something similar to I what I think you want but using icons instead of separate columns.
Thank you so much - this is what I hoped to accomplish (device connected @100% read = date finished). I replaced what I had with your code but, of course, it wiped out all my previous entries for books read.

Is it possible to maintain one column for existing and future dates using your code? It would appear that I must either 1) create a second duplicate column created with your code, or 2) manually re-enter the dates of hundreds of previous finished books to one new column using your code.

P.S. I did indeed read your referenced response linked above prior to my original post.

Last edited by Skydog; 11-23-2021 at 03:25 PM. Reason: P.S.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:25 PM   #2342
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
Not sure if this is too difficult to check, but could you show how exported annotations/bookmarks look like? That's one of the factors I'm thinking about before I decide whether to pull a trigger on a Libra 2, i.e. if it's easy to read extracted information.
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2021, 08:35 PM   #2343
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Thank you so much - this is what I hoped to accomplish (device connected @100% read = date finished). I replaced what I had with your code but, of course, it wiped out all my previous entries for books read.

Is it possible to maintain one column for existing and future dates using your code? It would appear that I must either 1) create a second duplicate column created with your code, or 2) manually re-enter the dates of hundreds of previous finished books to one new column using your code.

P.S. I did indeed read your referenced response linked above prior to my original post.
It really depends on what the purpose of these columns are. I think that your current "Finished" column is a manual copy of what is in the "Kobo Last Read TimeStamp" column and which was retrieved from the device. If that is the case, then replacing the "Finished" column with the column with the template is what I would do. This is basically what I do. While all the columns have "kobo" in the name, if I read something elsewhere, I manually fill in the columns. And I might push the status to the ereader.

If the current "Finished" column also has timestamps that came from other reading methods, then you need to decide if you want to keep that separate from the Kobo timestamp. If you don't, then I would copy the values in "Finished" column to the Kobo timestamp column. Then I would replace the "Finished" column with the template column.

If you do want to keep these separate, then we could come up with a template that showed one of the timestamps. Exactly what that would be depends on what the expected combinations of values are and which takes preference. For example:

Code:
program:
kobo_date = cmp($$#kobo_percent_read, 100, '', $$#kobo_last_read, $$#kobo_last_read);
cmp(days_between($$#finished, kobo_date), 0, format_date(kobo_date,'dd MMM yyyy'), format_date($$#finished,'dd MMM yyyy'), format_date($$#finished,'dd MMM yyyy'));
That would use the latest of either of the two dates and only use the Kobo timestamp if the book is finished.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 09:39 PM   #2344
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It really depends on what the purpose of these columns are. I think that your current "Finished" column is a manual copy of what is in the "Kobo Last Read TimeStamp" column and which was retrieved from the device. If that is the case, then replacing the "Finished" column with the column with the template is what I would do. This is basically what I do. While all the columns have "kobo" in the name, if I read something elsewhere, I manually fill in the columns. And I might push the status to the ereader.

If the current "Finished" column also has timestamps that came from other reading methods, then you need to decide if you want to keep that separate from the Kobo timestamp. If you don't, then I would copy the values in "Finished" column to the Kobo timestamp column. Then I would replace the "Finished" column with the template column.

If you do want to keep these separate, then we could come up with a template that showed one of the timestamps. Exactly what that would be depends on what the expected combinations of values are and which takes preference. For example:

Code:
program:
kobo_date = cmp($$#kobo_percent_read, 100, '', $$#kobo_last_read, $$#kobo_last_read);
cmp(days_between($$#finished, kobo_date), 0, format_date(kobo_date,'dd MMM yyyy'), format_date($$#finished,'dd MMM yyyy'), format_date($$#finished,'dd MMM yyyy'));
That would use the latest of either of the two dates and only use the Kobo timestamp if the book is finished.
My apologies for the confusion. I only wish to have one "Finished" column that displays the date when the book is finished (100%).

I tried replacing the code with what you provided in your first reply and it deleted all the previously existing dates (a result of a convoluted method I was using). Then I tried the code above and it placed an entry in every book in my library with BAD DATE. I stumbled upon the template editor and a few things were highlighted in blue, if that means anything. (see screenshot).

To keep it simple, all I am trying to create is one column, with a single entry of dd MMM yyyy when a book is finished and I connect a device to Calibre.

The first three fields are:

Lookup name: finished
Column heading: Finished
Column type: Column built from other columns

Thank you for your assistance. So close, but not quite there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (7).png
Views:	143
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	190401  

Last edited by Skydog; 11-23-2021 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Corrections and attachment
Old 11-24-2021, 12:24 AM   #2345
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My apologies for the confusion. I only wish to have one "Finished" column that displays the date when the book is finished (100%).

I tried replacing the code with what you provided in your first reply and it deleted all the previously existing dates (a result of a convoluted method I was using). Then I tried the code above and it placed an entry in every book in my library with BAD DATE. I stumbled upon the template editor and a few things were highlighted in blue, if that means anything. (see screenshot).

To keep it simple, all I am trying to create is one column, with a single entry of dd MMM yyyy when a book is finished and I connect a device to Calibre.

The first three fields are:

Thank you for your assistance. I have no idea how to fix this.
That means you want the first template. You will have two date columns. One is the last read timestamp which is updated from the device. Or you can set manually. The other uses the first template and will show the date from the last read column when the percent read is 100. Use the template editor and replace the template you have with the first one. If you only want to see the one column in the list, then you can hide it. Right-click on the column header and select the option to hide it.

The error you have above is because the template is referring to the column it is in. The lookup name is "finished" and you use that in the template. You need to refer to a different column. Which would be the column you deleted.
Advert
Old 11-24-2021, 03:07 AM   #2346
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
That means you want the first template. You will have two date columns. One is the last read timestamp which is updated from the device. Or you can set manually. The other uses the first template and will show the date from the last read column when the percent read is 100. Use the template editor and replace the template you have with the first one. If you only want to see the one column in the list, then you can hide it. Right-click on the column header and select the option to hide it.

The error you have above is because the template is referring to the column it is in. The lookup name is "finished" and you use that in the template. You need to refer to a different column. Which would be the column you deleted.
I've made several attempts to no avail. I created one date column but don't quite know what I need for the second column. I'm completely confused by "refering to the column I deleted." How is that possible?

Lookup name: kobolastread
Column heading: Last Read
Column type: Date

The second column must be created as both the current and previously deleted "Finished" column types are "Column built from other columns" and cannot be edited. What is required below to work with the first template?

Lookup name: ?????
Column type: Date ??????

Boy, oh boy, I should have left well enough alone.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:16 AM   #2347
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I've made several attempts to no avail. I created one date column but don't quite know what I need for the second column. I'm completely confused by "refering to the column I deleted." How is that possible?

That is the column to store the last time read when it is fetched from the device.
Quote:
The second column must be created as both the current and previously deleted "Finished" column types are "Column built from other columns" and cannot be edited. What is required below to work with the first template?

Lookup name: ?????
Column type: Date ??????

Boy, oh boy, I should have left well enough alone.
The second column has the column type "Column built from other columns". The lookup name and column heading are whatever you want. So, the heading is probably "Finished", and you can use "finished" for the lookup name. You set the template to what I first posted. And you set the "Sort/search column by" to "Date". With that, the column will show either nothing (the percent read is less than 100) or the date retrieved from the device when the book was finished (the percent read is 100).
Old 11-24-2021, 01:56 PM   #2348
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
That is the column to store the last time read when it is fetched from the device.

The second column has the column type "Column built from other columns". The lookup name and column heading are whatever you want. So, the heading is probably "Finished", and you can use "finished" for the lookup name. You set the template to what I first posted. And you set the "Sort/search column by" to "Date". With that, the column will show either nothing (the percent read is less than 100) or the date retrieved from the device when the book was finished (the percent read is 100).
Thank you, davidfor. Unfortunately, no success. The "Finished" column remains blank, only the the "Last Read" column contains entries:

Template:
Quote:
program:
cmp($$#kobo_percent_read, 100, '', format_date($$#kobo_last_read,'dd MMM yyyy'), format_date($$#kobo_last_read,'dd MMM yyyy'));
Old 11-24-2021, 01:59 PM   #2349
Eliseandra
Eliseandra began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA H20 Edition 2
Hi I'me French user and I have a bug with my Kobo.

I hope you could help me because I have no clue or computer acknowledge

Below the message fromcalibre

calibre, version 5.32.0
ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication avec le périphérique

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 543, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 976, in sync_booklists
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2573, in update_device_database_collections
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2869, in remove_book_from_device_bookshelves
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Thanks a lot for your help
Eliseandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 02:48 PM   #2350
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseandra View Post
Hi I'me French user and I have a bug with my Kobo.

I hope you could help me because I have no clue or computer acknowledge

Below the message fromcalibre

calibre, version 5.32.0
ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication avec le périphérique

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 543, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 976, in sync_booklists
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2573, in update_device_database_collections
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2869, in remove_book_from_device_bookshelves
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Thanks a lot for your help
per @davidfor:
Quote:
"The error above means that the database on the device is corrupt. The solution is to signout of the Kobo account on the device and then back in. This will create a new database and reload all the books on the device."
Link:
calibre corrupt error corrupt error database disk image is malformed
Old 11-25-2021, 01:52 PM   #2351
Eliseandra
Eliseandra began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA H20 Edition 2
Many thanks for your help it's working
Eliseandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 02:07 PM   #2352
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseandra View Post
Many thanks for your help it's working
Happy to help!
Old 11-25-2021, 09:00 PM   #2353
Skydog
Wizard

Any ideas, anyone?

Quote:
Thank you, davidfor. Unfortunately, no success. The "Finished" column remains blank, only the the "Last Read" column contains entries:

Template:
Code:
program:
Old 11-25-2021, 10:27 PM   #2354
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Any ideas, anyone?
Have you changed the name of the column in the template? The template I posted used my column names or ones I guessed from your posts. The lookup name for your last read doesn't match what you have in the template.
Old 11-26-2021, 12:55 AM   #2355
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Have you changed the name of the column in the template? The template I posted used my column names or ones I guessed from your posts. The lookup name for your last read doesn't match what you have in the template.
Nothing has changed with the information in my post#2348. I'm sorry, but I do not understand if I should edit the template or the lookup and with what? Would you be so kind to provide the required correction? That would be most helpful for me to understand. I very much appreciate your help, not to mention your patience.

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins