Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 08-25-2023, 12:48 PM   #211
PNAW59
PNAW59 began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin
How can I recover my ebooks in Marvin

Hi All!
In my iPad I cannot access anymore to the Marvin App. I suppose its du to that its not in the app store anymore. I have a lof books there. Can anyone please help with advise about how I can recover the books?
Most grateful for any help`
Best regards, PNAW59
PNAW59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 03:18 PM   #212
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNAW59 View Post
Hi All!
In my iPad I cannot access anymore to the Marvin App. I suppose its du to that its not in the app store anymore. I have a lof books there. Can anyone please help with advise about how I can recover the books?
Most grateful for any help`
Best regards, PNAW59
Don't you have copies on your computer?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2023, 06:06 PM   #213
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
You can also try imazing… see pg 5 of this thread…. It allows you to reinstall Marvin.
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 02:13 AM   #214
PNAW59

How to recover my ebooks from Marvin

Hi All again, I will try to explain better my case, and hopefully someone can help me.
I last used Marvin end of February this year 2023, now this summer as I try to access the app in my iPad, it does not work.
I have always security backup via the Pad, but no external backup. Unitl now I have always seen Marvin in the cloud backup, but now I don't see it.
Is there anyone that could help me find out how to recover my ebooks that I had in Marvin? And, where are those ebooks that I had in Marvin, and that were part of the iPad backup?
Thankful for any help.
PNAW59
Old 08-29-2023, 07:36 AM   #215
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you saying that you tap on the Marvin icon and Marvin doesn’t open, or that the icon is no longer there?

If the icon is no longer there then you probably left your settings to automatically offload unused apps. Use imazing to reinstall from a backup.

If you tap on the icon and Marvin doesn’t open then try using imazing to copy the Marvin backup file to a safe place, like your desktop. Then delete Marvin and use imazing to reinstall Marvin. From there use Marvin to restore your books from the backup file it made.

Marvin does not delete the books from the source when it uploads them. All your books are still where they were originally located unless you manually deleted them.
Advert
Old 08-30-2023, 01:48 AM   #216
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Are you saying that you tap on the Marvin icon and Marvin doesn’t open, or that the icon is no longer there?

If the icon is no longer there then you probably left your settings to automatically offload unused apps. Use imazing to reinstall from a backup.
Offloading doesn’t remove the Marvin icon. It just adds a cloud to it.

If the icon is not there, that probably means Marvin got deleted by accident or perhaps by someone else sharing the iPad.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 10:07 AM   #217
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
Look at the bookfusion toolbar - another reason to uninstall it immediately.

No search - web search - translate - share - lookup

Edit: This may sound harder than it should, but even MapleRead is better than BookFusion in terms of reading functions and I struggle often with MapleRead and custom fonts.

If they would only get closer to Marvin, I would happily pay for subscription
Just letting you know this was addressed in our latest release that came out today.

Quote:
Text Selection Context Menu now scrollable to include - Search, Translation, Web Lookup, Share, Speak & Start TTS. You can now easily listen, translate, share and web search selected text. **Translate requires Google Translate to be installed to be used.
So far I believe we have addressed all your feedback points mentioned in this thread. Apologies if I missed any.

You can let us know if you have any additional feedback at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=132
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 08:19 AM   #218
PNAW59

Quote:

If you tap on the icon and Marvin doesn’t open then try using imazing to copy the Marvin backup file to a safe place, like your desktop. Then delete Marvin and use imazing to reinstall Marvin. From there use Marvin to restore your books from the backup file it made.

Marvin does not delete the books from the source when it uploads them. All your books are still where they were originally located unless you manually deleted them.
Hi Turtle91; I appreciate a lot your advises. I would be most grateful if you could help me with some "steps how to do". I have never used Imazing etc. I would need some help on the way.
The Marvin icon is still on the iPad, but when I try to access I get the message that its no available. In the backup I can see the Marvin app+data, 22 Gb
Old 09-13-2023, 10:51 AM   #219
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

It sounds like Apple ‘offloaded’ the app because it wasn’t used often enough. There is a setting you can select to prevent that from happening in the future.

As for step by step on imazing… I am definitely NOT an expert on that software. I just followed the steps in the video I posted here. That should help you out!
Old 09-14-2023, 03:17 AM   #220
PNAW59

Thanks a lot! I will certainly try that.
Old 09-17-2023, 08:51 PM   #221
It2Fr
It2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with others

Device: iPad Air 2
How can I retrieve EPUB books I had on Marvin?

I haven’t used Marvin probably in over a year and iOS naturally put the app into cold storage. Now that I want to use it, I see I can’t as the app is essentially unretrievable because it’s no longer in the App Store. Any thoughts on what I can do to restore or retrieve the EPUBs I had in there? I’m not sure I can remember all of them. Thanks for any help.
It2Fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 07:29 AM   #222
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Read the message up two from your post. Once reinstalled you should be able to import any books you had backed up. Or, just download them again from your server of choice.
Old 09-20-2023, 02:03 PM   #223
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Read the message up two from your post. Once reinstalled you should be able to import any books you had backed up. Or, just download them again from your server of choice.
Caveat, that needs at least one other device that still has Marvin.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 08:53 AM   #224
Datvigi
Datvigi began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone 13Max
Quote:
It sounds like Apple ‘offloaded’ the app because it wasn’t used often enough. There is a setting you can select to prevent that from happening in the future.

As for step by step on imazing… I am definitely NOT an expert on that software. I just followed the steps in the video I posted here. That should help you out!
Quick question. Managed to get Marvin on my new device but it is acting like I never purchased it and it fails when trying to restore the purchase from the app store. Any issue there?
Datvigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 10:38 AM   #225
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datvigi View Post
Quick question. Managed to get Marvin on my new device but it is acting like I never purchased it and it fails when trying to restore the purchase from the app store. Any issue there?
Because Marvin is no longer in the app store, you won't be able to restore your purchase. It's time to give up on Marvin.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote