Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-10-2022, 05:00 PM   #211
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I can if someone (you, me, or someone else) can find an appropriate hyphenation dictionary for Spanish.
Spanish LibreOffice hyphenation dictionary: hyph_es.dic

Attached is the Spanish hyphenation dictionary from the TEX project.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hyph_es.zip (14.7 KB, 76 views)
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 05:35 PM   #212
johnydon3
Enthusiast
johnydon3 began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD, Nook Glowlight Plus (2015), Kindle 4, x2 Kindle Basic 10gen
Quote:
I can if someone (you, me, or someone else) can find an appropriate hyphenation dictionary for Spanish.
Someone shared this one with me today, he uses with hyphenatethis plugin, he says it contains minor erros but it works after all, but i see someone else shared another one above this comment, idk wich one you could use since i have no idea how to use it lol|

https://mega.nz/file/TJRyDDYZ#8gljTx...QIaPtc4rDHOkL0
johnydon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2022, 03:49 PM   #213
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
Spanish LibreOffice hyphenation dictionary: hyph_es.dic

Attached is the Spanish hyphenation dictionary from the TEX project.
Thanks. I'll grab this and making the install file for it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:59 PM   #214
johnydon3
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks. I'll grab this and making the install file for it.
OMG! thank you!
Old 09-11-2022, 07:32 PM   #215
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydon3 View Post
OMG! thank you!
I'll get it sorted Monday or Tuesday.
Advert
Old 09-12-2022, 10:07 AM   #216
johnydon3
Enthusiast

Talking

Quote:
I'll get it sorted Monday or Tuesday.
Okay! thank you.
Old 09-13-2022, 11:15 PM   #217
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Since updating to 4.33 earlier tonight, the hyphenation dictionary seems to have stopped working. Anyone else see this?

I've installed the original, from post #1 and the beta combined version. No joy.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 11:23 PM   #218
johnydon3
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Since updating to 4.33 earlier tonight, the hyphenation dictionary seems to have stopped working. Anyone else see this?

I've installed the original, from post #1 and the beta combined version. No joy.
i am still waiting for the spanish dict lol but i can test the english version for you, i am in 4.33 now
Old 09-13-2022, 11:34 PM   #219
johnydon3
Enthusiast

Quote:

it does work, i dragged 3 epub books in english to the Clara HD root and the 3 of them had a nice hyphenation, so the dictionary works
Old 09-14-2022, 09:11 AM   #220
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
it does work, i dragged 3 epub books in english to the Clara HD root and the 3 of them had a nice hyphenation, so the dictionary works
Hmm... I wonder what I am doing wrong? Let me open another book and see if maybe it's because it's the same book I've had open...

No dice. It is just not working.
Old 09-14-2022, 09:47 AM   #221
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Okay, since I read kepub, I had to activate the Set KePub hyphenation patch in libnickel. I didn't do that when I updated last night.

Now 'attorney' was hyphenated as 'at-torney' which isn't quite right, but it is better than no hyphenation at all.
Old 09-14-2022, 11:26 AM   #222
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:

If you flashed one of jswolf's hyphenation dictionaries in the past and then updated firmware, the firmware will overwrite the hypen dictionary with the stock one. So you'll need to reflash jswolf's dictionaries after every firmware upgrade.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 11:37 AM   #223
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
i am still waiting for the spanish dict lol but i can test the english version for you, i am in 4.33 now
The Spanish Hyphenation dictionary is added to the first post of this thread. If you find anything funky, please let me know.
Old 09-14-2022, 01:01 PM   #224
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
If you flashed one of jswolf's hyphenation dictionaries in the past and then updated firmware, the firmware will overwrite the hypen dictionary with the stock one. So you'll need to reflash jswolf's dictionaries after every firmware upgrade.
Of this I am well aware.
Old 09-14-2022, 01:12 PM   #225
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
In the kobopatch.yaml file, I have it set to install the hyphenation dictionary when I install the patches.