Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-28-2009, 12:14 PM   #211
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccowie View Post
Sorry about that last post - now I understand what you're saying.
The reason I thin it's Second Course is because that's the metafile info title and the cover that came with it and the cover I get if I do an update from Calibre.
Oh well, at least I can begin reading knowing it's the first book.
Now I see - I never paid any attention to that part, since it was labeled as Hal Spacejock and the title page looked ok. I'll have to check the actual cover and metafile info on mine. Since I drug it out to check, I've converted book two into mobi as well (with correct metadata), so might as well fix my book one if it needs it.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:51 AM   #212
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Simon, any news on the next episode?
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #213
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Simon, any news on the next episode?
Lot of us waiting for our next Spacejock fix
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:43 AM   #214
Spacejock
Hal Spacejock & yWriter
Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My apologies - I've been doing a lot of programming lately while the novel languishes ... er, percolates.

On the plus side, I recently uploaded a beta version of yBook2 ...
Spacejock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:44 PM   #215
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Am I the only one who pictures Clunk as sort of a cross between "Bender" from Futurama and "Gus" from "Tripping the Rift" animated series?

Just finally got around to reading the full series, thanks to Calibre helping fix the frustrating formatting issues some of us had at first launch...am about 1/3 of the way through it...now of some alleged "author" we know who posts here would get off his lazy duff, we MIGHT have something to read before our readers turn to dust!
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 10:46 PM   #216
Spacejock
Hal Spacejock & yWriter
Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

An update for those following along - I recently took the free Hal Spacejock novel down since my publisher is arranging to put the whole series on Amazon for the Kindle. (Readers get upset when they buy a full price ebook one day, and find out they could have got it free the next.)

However, my publisher also allowed me to sell the ebooks via my site, and the new arrangement is 1.99 for book 1, 4.99 for 2-4. Because of the previous freebie (and the fact it's still linked from all over the place), if anyone buys books 2, 3 or 4 I'll send them book one for free.

On the freebie side, you can still download half the first novel for nothing.

Still working on Hal 5, and I'm also working on a Hal Spacejock Junior series (Middle-grade SF). The first title is with my publisher now, so I'm chewing fingernails.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:47 PM   #217
Spacejock
Hal Spacejock & yWriter

And the calibre/formatting issues have been fixed too. The books work perfectly now.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #218
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I will give these a go!

Great to see an SF author from Perth!
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #219
sabredog
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

done
Old 03-17-2011, 12:43 AM   #220
Spacejock
Hal Spacejock & yWriter

Good to see readers in Perth too ;-)

Let me know if you have any probs with the files. I have a Kindle and they work fine there, but you know how these things can glitch up from time to time.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:44 AM   #221
Spacejock
Hal Spacejock & yWriter

PS are you attending Swancon next month? It's the Natcon this year.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:02 AM   #222
sabredog

No plans at this stage, but I am sure I could easily convince my wife to attend with me.

Which part of Perth do you reside?
Old 03-17-2011, 01:07 AM   #223
Spacejock
Hal Spacejock & yWriter

SOR - City of Canning. And yourself?

I've booked and paid for Swancon already. (My family don't attend the cons - I'm the writer/SF nut and they're into art)

I know all the convenors and the venue is going to be much better than the last few years: http://2011.swancon.com.au/

I'll be helping out with the Andromeda Spaceways table as usual.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:29 AM   #224
sabredog

Sounds like a visit to the show is in order.

I live in the City of Melville but work in the City of Gosnells
Old 03-17-2011, 01:35 AM   #225
Spacejock
Hal Spacejock & yWriter

Can't get much closer than that.

Re the con, I think they have single day memberships for about 1/3 the price.