Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-05-2007, 09:56 PM   #211
oggelbe2007
Limited Warranty
oggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enough

Device: A sweet PRS-500, DXG
You would probably make the sales guy's head explode. Too many conceptual leaps of understanding he would have to traverse to grasp the concept: Chase Bank > SonyCard > Special Reader deal > SonyRewards Site > BuyPoints redemption > etc. But go ahead and give it a try, might be fun.
oggelbe2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:00 AM   #212
kjm00
kjm00 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader and my Blackberry (Mobipocket)
Got the credit, now I need the Reader....

Signed up for the credit card deal and ordered my Reader as soon as I could (around the 20th of July).

As the July 31 deadline for the $50 ebook credit approached (and the $99.50 "classics" credit), I got annoyed and upset. An email to Sony's support folks (at the Connect store) resulted in a request for my email order confirmation, which in turn got me a magic code for the $50 credit.

It's good until the end of August -- I sure hope my Reader has arrived by that time.

Moral: You can sign up at the Connect Store before you receive your Reader. And you can get them to extend the deadline for the $50 credit -- I suspect they were caught unprepared for the hordes of ebook fans that signed up for the credit card offer. And Keith, whoever and whereever he is, is a helpful guy.
kjm00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2007, 09:42 AM   #213
Dublee
Dublee began at the beginning.

Device: ASUS TF300, iPad 1, Nook Tablet (CM7), Nook ST, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeerj View Post
Hi, I just applied for the card, but was wondering if anyone knows if, when i get the card, can i go to the sony style store directly and get the reader there using my card?
Thanks for the info!
Only when you order through sonyrewards.com will it know about the SonyCard promotion - and you won't need your SonyCard to pay for the remaining balance of the Reader.

To answer your question, you won't be able to go to the Sony Style store directly to purchase the Reader at the $50 promotional price.

From an email I received after applying for the SonyCard, to purchase the Reader:

"Just go to [www.sonyrewards.com/eReader] and register your new Sony Card.

Then go ahead and purchase the eReader, from the online catalog at SonyRewards.com, put the item in your cart and when you get to the shopping cart the price will be reduced. This promotion will expire on [01/01/2008]."
Dublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:59 AM   #214
coleman
Connoisseur
coleman began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablets and phones, Windows tablet, Kobo Aura One
Shipping notifcation!!!

YAY! I got a shipping notification email from Sony today! Now to see how long it takes to actually get it!
coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:50 PM   #215
craigwillie
craigwillie has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: rooted nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman View Post
YAY! I got a shipping notification email from Sony today! Now to see how long it takes to actually get it!
Me too... finally!

I called Connect and opened a case to get the $50 book credit. They asked for a copy of the order confirmation, but anyone who ordered before 7/31 should not have a problem getting the credit.

I just hope it comes quickly. I leave for a cross-country trip in a week.
craigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2007, 02:15 PM   #216
coleman
Connoisseur

It's here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman View Post
My reader was delivered 1 minute ago via UPS! YAY!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:32 PM   #217
Martytoof
Enthusiast
Martytoof began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I was getting really antsy since my Chase application was taking so long (I applied three weeks ago), but I gave them a call this morning and was told I was approved and should receive my Card by Friday, so hopefully I'll be able to order my Reader soon. I am very much looking forward to it!
Martytoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:04 PM   #218
coleman
Connoisseur

Wow, actually I got *both*(had my dad get a Sony Card so I could order a second) of my readers today. I ordered them about a week apart as I recall, and I only received one email notification.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #219
oggelbe2007
Limited Warranty
oggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enough

Device: A sweet PRS-500, DXG
My summer is now complete!

I received the reader yesterday afternoon. It took approximately 20 days from placement of order to delivery. Not bad. Such a sweet little device.
oggelbe2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:42 AM   #220
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oggelbe2007 View Post
I received the reader yesterday afternoon. It took approximately 20 days from placement of order to delivery. Not bad. Such a sweet little device.
Don't forget to update your profile .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:10 PM   #221
ahintz
Zealot
ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle PW/iPhone5/iPad (3)/Nook ST
I received my Sony Reader on Tuesday, August 14 from the credit card offer - having ordered it the evening of July 30. I'm still waiting for Connect to update my account with the $50 credit they were offering in July, but from talking to the rep it doesn't seem like it will be an issue - all in all my first experience with support was very good.

I read through a bunch of the sample chapters, and really am enjoying the look and feel of the device. It is definitely the closest to the printed page I've ever experienced on an electronic device. I read eBooks all the time on my PocketPCs (Dell Axims at first and lately HTC phones) but when I moved to an iPhone, I realized I needed a new reading device. Only problem with this one is that I have a bunch of orphaned eReader books now. However, I've found the libprs500 tools great for converting my Baen MS Reader files to LRF. After a bunch of tests at various settings, I finished converting my ~200 books to LRF and they look great on the device.

All in all I'm a very happy reader - and at $60 with shipping for the Reader, plus $50 in store credit and a bunch of classic titles, I really have no right to complain.
ahintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:18 PM   #222
Martytoof
Enthusiast
Martytoof began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Well, I just ordered the Reader. Everything seems to have gone smoothly. Hopefully they pack that bad boy up and ship it out ASAP, but reading the mixed reports of shipping times I now just hope that they can get it to me by 9/30 so I can get my 100 free Classics :P
Martytoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:14 AM   #223
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martytoof View Post
Well, I just ordered the Reader. Everything seems to have gone smoothly. Hopefully they pack that bad boy up and ship it out ASAP, but reading the mixed reports of shipping times I now just hope that they can get it to me by 9/30 so I can get my 100 free Classics :P
Don't worry about it - thus far there's always been some offer available. When one comes to an end, another one starts.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:37 PM   #224
phlebas
phlebas began at the beginning.

Device: Sony R500
Hmm. I got the card and ordered the reader about a week ago. The anticipation is killing me. I wonder when they'd ship it... Hope it arrives before september, at least.
phlebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:39 PM   #225
wyldkit
Connoisseur
wyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500 (until I have enough Sony Rewards points for the PRS-300)
I ordered my Reader on Aug. 2 and hadn't received a shipping notification yet, so I called Sony Rewards. They told me that they just received notice that the Reader will be on backorder for at least 2 weeks! So, it may well be mid-September before mine comes. I assume the same holds true for anyone who ordered after me as well. If anyone else hears differently, please share!

The waiting is driving me crazy!!
wyldkit is offline   Reply With Quote