Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 04:40 PM   #211
Lemming_in_ND
Lemming_in_ND began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
They are different offers. I got the one you just posted on the 9th and the other one yesterday. There'll be a different set of books available for each offer.
Interesting, the one you got on the 9th I got yesterday and the one you got yesterday I got today.
Lemming_in_ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #212
Lemming_in_ND
Lemming_in_ND began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I wonder if the people getting random offers are the ones using the silly you pick option. Maybe the special offers are for the folks looking at ads in order to determines which ones are used?
I just got my KSO a couple of weeks ago and I haven't used the pick option at all. However, I was looking at drills a few weeks ago and had put one in my wishlist. I also have a video game in my wishlist too.
Lemming_in_ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #213
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming_in_ND View Post
Interesting, the one you got on the 9th I got yesterday and the one you got yesterday I got today.
Which makes it all the more confusing; and it'll make managing this thread just a bit difficult.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #214
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming_in_ND View Post
I just got my KSO a couple of weeks ago and I haven't used the pick option at all. However, I was looking at drills a few weeks ago and had put one in my wishlist. I also have a video game in my wishlist too.
Hmmm ...I don't have a wish list.

I'm gonna wish for a million dollars and see what happens
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:11 PM   #215
OneIfByLand
OneIfByLand began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
I just got my Kindle with special offers for my birthday on Thursday. I was so excited when I went online this morning and saw that you had posted the special offer for the next 4 days as being the Buy an $20 Amazon gc for $10. That's the offer I was most hoping for so imagine my surprise when I started my Kindle and the only offer I had was for the tools! I went to the menu looking to see what was listed in special offers and the only things there were an Amazon Visa advertisement, the tools special offer, the Visa signature advertisement and of course the Oil of Olay advertisement. No gift card special offer! So the plot thickens!
OneIfByLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #216
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I wonder if the people getting random offers are the ones using the silly you pick option. Maybe the special offers are for the folks looking at ads in order to determines which ones are used?
Not the case here, as that app will only work with WiFi and I am exclusively 3G. Also, it looks like you need you KSO for a while to get the current offers.

None of my searches are video games or tools; not on my wish list either.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #217
jswinden
Nameless Being

I received both the $20 gift card for $10 offer and the $20 off on $30 or more of tools offer. Of course I burned a Harry Potter pBook on the Amazon alter in a bloody (or rather inky) sacrifice, so perhaps that helped.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #218
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I received both the $20 gift card for $10 offer and the $20 off on $30 or more of tools offer. Of course I burned a Harry Potter pBook on the Amazon alter in a bloody (or rather inky) sacrifice, so perhaps that helped.
I also got both today. Can I give away codes? I dont really think I will use the tool one
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #219
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

According to Amazon's Terms of Service, these codes are not transferable, and the coupon will be reversed if they find out. Given that they are so specific about what serial numbers get what codes, they could find out if they wanted to.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:31 PM   #220
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Could someone that got the tools option contact me? I'd like to see if I manually add it as an asset, if it will pop up and let me get the promo code.

It looks like I have video games, backpacking and the Visa $10 book offer coming up (but not the non-book offer).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #221
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Could someone that got the tools option contact me? I'd like to see if I manually add it as an asset, if it will pop up and let me get the promo code.

It looks like I have video games, backpacking and the Visa $10 book offer coming up (but not the non-book offer).
Send me a PM and I can send the three files
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #222
chas0039
Sceptic

I doubt it will work. When I was messing around with these I modified one of the gifs and it quit reading it after one read and display. When I restored the original files, it refused to read them.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #223
OneIfByLand

Good news! My $10 for $20 gift card offer arrived today, so maybe there is still hope for those wanting the tools offer. I went into my system assets file yesterday and the gift card offer was definitely not there. All 6 of the upcoming offers that have been mentioned were there along with the tools offer but no gift card offer. When I checked my Kindle this morning much to my surprise the gift card offer was there so I went back into my assets folder and sure enough the offer was added to the folder today. Maybe some of you who didn't get the tools offer on Saturday will still get that one.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #224
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
OK, quick survey for those who did get the power tools offer: which bank card are you using, other than an Amazon Visa (in other words, was this offer perhaps tied to Discover, the Amazon Store card, etc)?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #225
OneIfByLand

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
OK, quick survey for those who did get the power tools offer: which bank card are you using, other than an Amazon Visa (in other words, was this offer perhaps tied to Discover, the Amazon Store card, etc)?
I use my Disney Visa. I'm wondering if the offer is tied to Father's Day. I just got my Kindle a couple of days ago for my birthday but Amazon might have thought it was a Father's Day gift. Is the offer going out mainly to men and/or people who just recently ordered their Kindles?