Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-19-2023, 09:46 AM   #2161
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asura View Post
I was trying to convert a book from 2021 do I still need a lower version of kindle to do so? It's not converting sadly ):
What book is it and what format is it in?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 02:02 PM   #2162
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I was trying to convert a book from 2021 do I still need a lower version of kindle to do so? It's not converting sadly ):
Yes. The latest versions of K4PC and K4Mac will download KFX.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2023, 09:57 AM   #2163
Sats
Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Did you try noDRM master (clone and run make_release.py) or my untested release? They should/might work for kfx... for now. With KFX input plugin, of course. (Kindle for PC up to 1.40.1). If they do not, I would like to know why <_<
Sats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 11:02 PM   #2164
dannydav709
dannydav709 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Maybe a Kindle Keyboard 3, if those still register. It certainly is oldest that can get azw3/KF8.
Also some S/H Kindles will never register due to being blacklisted.
Do you know if that kindle device also downloads the apnx file with the KF8 file? (I've been downloading the KF8 versions of books because they have the apnx file with it, so I can import them together to a kindle and the real page numbers appear as well, and pretty accurately match the physical book page numbers in most cases).
dannydav709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 12:07 AM   #2165
dannydav709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sats View Post
Did you try noDRM master (clone and run make_release.py) or my untested release? They should/might work for kfx... for now. With KFX input plugin, of course. (Kindle for PC up to 1.40.1). If they do not, I would like to know why <_<
Can we keep your method on the down low 😅
It's working for me, but I am afraid it will be taken down if it becomes too popular. Would really suck
Advert
Old 07-21-2023, 12:58 AM   #2166
dannydav709

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydav709 View Post
It's working for me, but I am afraid it will be taken down if it becomes too popular. Would really suck
By taken down I meant amazon would change the algo again.**
Old 07-21-2023, 07:10 AM   #2167
Sats
Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydav709 View Post
I think, Amazon might/should be already aware of it, and it is not like changing algo is difficult... (releasing new version and blocking old one might take a bit, though) So if people don't use it it is kind of a waste. (they'll just fix it in a few months) On the other hand, I can totally see how increased visibility could make them prioritize the change more... So it is kind of a balance. I'll keep my activity to this thread and github, I guess, and will keep it down. Not much loss since it was already mentioned there.
Sats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 07:26 AM   #2168
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sats View Post
I think, Amazon might/should be already aware of it, and it is not like changing algo is difficult... (releasing new version and blocking old one might take a bit, though) So if people don't use it it is kind of a waste. (they'll just fix it in a few months) On the other hand, I can totally see how increased visibility could make them prioritize the change more... So it is kind of a balance. I'll keep my activity to this thread and github, I guess, and will keep it down. Not much loss since it was already mentioned there.
My understanding is that a bunch of "new algos" are already in the current firmware.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 08:32 AM   #2169
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
My understanding is that a bunch of "new algos" are already in the current firmware.
Sats' work deals with multiple algorithms, possibly all that Amazon has in place currently.

Added:

I can see why NoDRM has chosen to not release an updated version of the plugin. In the past Amazon has reacted to that by switching to a different algorithm already in place. However if Sats really has worked around all of the existing algorithms then an opportunity to have that be available in the time it takes Amazon to develop and release new software is being wasted.

Last edited by jhowell; 07-21-2023 at 08:49 AM.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 08:49 AM   #2170
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i found a loophole for anyone needing to format shift their borrowed amazon books...
while sorting out my install of kindle for pc 1.17, i tried looking for books i had out on prime reading.
i expected it to not find or display them but I was wrong. a search for a title works. and so they can be downloaded in the PC app as azw, just ike my owned books.
(its likely that this works for KU books also, but I don't have a current subscription to test with.)
i tested with 3 other new test loans, just in case it was a fluke result for 1 book. . all worked
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 09:11 AM   #2171
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Sats' work deals with multiple algorithms, possibly all that Amazon has in place currently.

Added:

I can see why NoDRM has chosen to not release an updated version of the plugin. In the past Amazon has reacted to that by switching to a different algorithm already in place. However if Sats really has worked around all of the existing algorithms then an opportunity to have that be available in the time it takes Amazon to develop and release new software is being wasted.
Thanks for the clarification. I thought that it only applied to the latest algorithm. My mistake.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 09:20 AM   #2172
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post

Added:

This is also part of the reason I'm hesitant to add it to the original post. I highly suspect Amazon is monitoring MR (note the changes to the Android app not long after my guide), but are less likely to find it if it remains buried on page 150 or so than if put out in prominence in the first post.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 07-21-2023 at 09:28 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 09:37 AM   #2173
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
i found a loophole for anyone needing to format shift their borrowed amazon books...
while sorting out my install of kindle for pc 1.17, i tried looking for books i had out on prime reading.
i expected it to not find or display them but I was wrong. a search for a title works. and so they can be downloaded in the PC app as azw, just ike my owned books.
When were those books published? As per the first post in this thread:

Quote:
Books borrowed from Kindle Unlimited can still be downloaded on K4PC <1.26 if it was published before January 3.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 07:08 PM   #2174
mitra1
Zealot
mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis 2,ONYX boox max lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
This is also part of the reason I'm hesitant to add it to the original post. I highly suspect Amazon is monitoring MR (note the changes to the Android app not long after my guide), but are less likely to find it if it remains buried on page 150 or so than if put out in prominence in the first post.
Doubt hardly that 150 pages can stop monitoring. If one person is payed by Amazon, 150 pages can't stop him.
mitra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 08:48 PM   #2175
C-novice
ReadingZealot
C-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo ARC, Samsung Tab4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Thank you Sat!!!!

All worked as it should on my post January purchase.

Edit: k4pc, v1.40.1 (65535)

Edit 2: still needed to use file conversion to epub
Did you use 10.0.3? What version Calibre did you use?
C-novice is offline   Reply With Quote