Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2023, 09:47 AM   #2101
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Thank you to everyone who has replied to my post. I’m sorry if I was being rather slow but it is years since I set up my Kobo One and I’m completely out of touch with anything that’s happened since with regard to formats and updates.

Thanks again, this forum is fantastic with so many kind, knowledgeable and patient members. ����
Old 09-01-2023, 12:58 PM   #2102
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry everyone I'm back again.

I bought a gen 4 Kindle and successfully registered it to my Amazon account. I purchased a book from Amazon (not KU), used the browser on computer and Download via USB to download the file to my computer but there is no extension to the file and Calibre won't recognise it, what do I do next please. Hopefully there's an solution - the book is newly published so guessing this is the reason, although I've never used this method to get a book into Calibre before, just synced to Kindle4Mac and dragged the download into Calibre.

Any ideas please.
Advert
Old 09-01-2023, 01:06 PM   #2103
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
Sorry everyone I'm back again.

I bought a gen 4 Kindle and successfully registered it to my Amazon account. I purchased a book from Amazon (not KU), used the browser on computer and Download via USB to download the file to my computer but there is no extension to the file and Calibre won't recognise it, what do I do next please. Hopefully there's an solution - the book is newly published so guessing this is the reason, although I've never used this method to get a book into Calibre before, just synced to Kindle4Mac and dragged the download into Calibre.

Any ideas please.
This seems to be a Mac issue. What browser are you using?
Old 09-01-2023, 02:16 PM   #2104
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
... I purchased a book from Amazon (not KU), used the browser on computer and Download via USB to download the file to my computer but there is no extension to the file and Calibre won't recognise it, what do I do next please. Hopefully there's an solution - the book is newly published so guessing this is the reason, although I've never used this method to get a book into Calibre before, just synced to Kindle4Mac and dragged the download into Calibre.
Try adding .azw to the end of the filename and when Mac asks if you want to change the extension, say yes.

This is a known quirk with Safari browser, sometimes messes up the extension. (Has nothing to do with books being newly published.)
Old 09-01-2023, 06:42 PM   #2105
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
My suggestion is to stop using Safari and install Firefox.
Advert
Old 09-03-2023, 07:47 AM   #2106
Lyn2012
Addict

Thank you to all who replied. I had to update the dedrm file and add Kindle serial no, then add azw as the file extension - it seems to have worked as I’ve now an EPUB in Calibre.
�������������� Sorry emojis didn’t work!
Old 09-08-2023, 06:58 AM   #2107
Bcamp
Bcamp doesn't litterBcamp doesn't litter

Device: Fire Tablet; Note9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I would like to point out that method 4 described in the first post of this thread (convert from KFX format) is currently working for all books using the latest version of Kindle for PC (2.0) along with the latest DeDRM beta release (10.0.9) and the KFX Input plugin. Anyone wishing to do that should probably not delay as Amazon has been aggressive in updating KFX DRM whenever it was previously defeated.

Working as of 8 Sep 2023. Thanks for the head-up
Old 09-22-2023, 10:53 PM   #2108
C-novice
ReadingZealot
C-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo ARC, Samsung Tab4
Quote:
I would like to point out that method 4 described in the first post of this thread (convert from KFX format) is currently working for all books using the latest version of Kindle for PC (2.0) along with the latest DeDRM beta release (10.0.9) and the KFX Input plugin. Anyone wishing to do that should probably not delay as Amazon has been aggressive in updating KFX DRM whenever it was previously defeated.
Do you think it will it work with KfPC 1.17 and DeDRM beta release (10.0.9)?
Old 09-23-2023, 03:45 AM   #2109
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-novice View Post
Only for books published before 2023. Kindle for PC 1.17 won't download books published in 2023.
Old 09-23-2023, 04:27 AM   #2110
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Only for books published before 2023. Kindle for PC 1.17 won't download books published in 2023.
There's also some pre-2023 books that it won't work for - mostly textbooks or stuff published for the Indian market. If in doubt, provide the ASIN.
Old 09-23-2023, 04:47 AM   #2111
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-novice View Post
You don't get KFX format with K4PC 1.17. So if it is KFX format only or published this year, it simply won't download. If it downloads, DeDRM 10.0.9 should have no issue.

eta: Changed "will" to "should" in that last sentence. You never really know.

Last edited by lkmiller; 09-23-2023 at 04:52 AM.
Old 09-23-2023, 06:11 AM   #2112
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
An update on this.

Amazon has released Kindle for PC version 2.0.1 with new DRM for KFX format. Fortunately many books downloaded with this new app version will still have DRM that DeDRM 10.0.9 can handle. However books from those publishers for which Amazon provides stronger protection will use the new DRM and those books can no longer be downloaded using prior versions of Kindle for PC. (Those books can often be identified by "On PC & Mac, the latest version of the Kindle app is required." in the product description.)

Last edited by jhowell; 09-23-2023 at 06:15 AM.
Old 11-05-2023, 12:13 PM   #2113
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Any news there ?

I guess those like us with no physical kindle still can't read amazon books ?
Old 11-05-2023, 12:16 PM   #2114
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Any news there ?

There's the Kindle for Android method.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=352278
Old 11-05-2023, 01:07 PM   #2115
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 5 & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Any news there ?

Just buy the cheapest E-Ink Kindle you can find and use the serial number.
Closed Thread

Tags
k4pc, kindle for pc