Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 08-09-2023, 08:52 PM   #196
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Thanks as usual for the feedback. Will keep the below in mind as we crank out the other improvements and new features.

BTW Guys & Girls. Some readers from MobileRead have explored BookFusion and wanted to understand how to share eBooks with their friends and family. This is already in beta with our paid readers , however I am more than happy to give early access to any reader on the forum here as well without requiring a paid account.

Friends and Family will not need to have a paid account to use BookFusion and access the eBooks you choose to share.
https://www.bookfusion.com/reading/branch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Yes, it's absolutely easy to load books from Dropbox (or whatever source) into BookFusion. Literally a tap away – no need (for me) to bother with Calibre anymore.

I especially love that I can load books into BookFusion using my desktop computers and any regular browser on them... I can organize them into bookshelves on my desktop computers, too. And then I instantly find all those books ready on all of my mobile devices! This is what I dreamed Marvin and Moon+ Reader would one day give us, but they never did.

Only last week, I loaded dozens of new books into BookFusion, organizing them into 10 bookshelves, and it was a breeze on the desktop. BookFusion's organization capabilities are very nice, though far from perfect. (For example: no option to sort based on book language; no option to assign more than one language to bilingual/multilingual books; and among languages, Old Greek is missing entirely, unlike Latin – what an insult to all the ancients!)

The reading experience itself is, in my opinion, still better today in defunct Marvin and in Moon+ Reader than in BookFusion, but it's nice to see BookFusion catching up. I hope I'll be able to get back to the BookFusion threads here on MobileRead soon, to provide more detailed feedback to skillachie the developer.

However, since you guys mentioned Dropbox & BookFusion: I'd welcome an extra, comprehensive one-tap backup option in BookFusion. Both Marvin and Moon+ Reader offer this, but BookFusion does not, at this point. Yeah, BookFusion uses its own server to synchronize both books and annotations, but what if a catastrophic event happens one day and the BookFusion server goes down or gets destroyed? There should always be an additional backup option.

So, skillachie, if you're reading this, please consider implementing a one-tap, comprehensive backup option in BookFusion (sending backup to Dropbox, Google Drive, or whatever service the user prefers). Moon+ Reader has a nice switch for this, too: back up everything or only annotations and app settings – and it would be nice to have this option in BookFusion as well. On some occasions, I might prefer to back up everything including book files; on other occasions, only the annotations and/or app settings. (An additional backup alternative might be: back up only book files already stored on/downloaded to the current device – or back up absolutely all books in the BookFusion account.)

skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 08:58 PM   #197
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark G. Flipper View Post
Since I am always checking alternatives I am testing the free version of bookfusion a bit. It seems that boofusion is a "sink", i.e. it is easy to add books to bookfusion, but once there, you can't get them back out again - or am I missing something?
All eBooks can be re- downloaded from the Web, iOS and Android by clicking on the book cover and clicking download or send to. When we add two-way sync to Calibre they will automatically download to Calibre as well
Advert
Old 08-09-2023, 09:03 PM   #198
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why do you need to get books out of Bookfusion? You should have copies of the eBooks you've added to Bookfusion.

I'm using Bookfusion and it's working pretty well. There is one thing I'd like to have fixed. There is too much blsnk space at the top/bottom of the screen. If that space was reduced, there may be room for one more line.
This should be fully customizable with margins. Did you already max out the current settings? Send me a screenshot, can have it improved in the next release
Old 08-09-2023, 09:06 PM   #199
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Does BookFusion allow annotations that one may wish to transfer back out???
We provide 100% export of all annotations and notes in your preferred format which includes Markdown, CSV, HTML and PDF. We will also be providing an API for those that want to have ultimate freedom in Q4 or early 2024.

Some of the rich highlights and annotation features supported that was not possible in Marvin - https://www.reddit.com/r/ObsidianMD/...sidian_plugin/
Old 08-09-2023, 10:56 PM   #200
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Do you have to place your ads here, isn't there a BookFusion thread?
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2023, 04:49 AM   #201
alper
alper began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin, offline Kindle
This is a Marvin thread. Please update somewhere else?
alper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 07:53 AM   #202
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
To be fair, people have been asking about other apps, including BookFusion on this thread. It’s not totally wrong for skillachie to respond. I do think that a simple link to the BookFusion thread would be appropriate. If people want to investigate more they can go there.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 08:21 AM   #203
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good. Then I can answer here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillachie View Post
We provide 100% export of all annotations and notes in your preferred format which includes Markdown, CSV, HTML and PDF. We will also be providing an API for those that want to have ultimate freedom in Q4 or early 2024.

Some of the rich highlights and annotation features supported that was not possible in Marvin - https://www.reddit.com/r/ObsidianMD/...sidian_plugin/
But BookFusion cannot catch the correct chapter for annotations.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2675.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	203094 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2672.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	437.7 KB
ID:	203095

But Marvin and MapleRead can

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2673.png
Views:	93
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	203096 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2674.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	445.6 KB
ID:	203097
Old 08-10-2023, 09:37 AM   #204
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
To be fair, people have been asking about other apps, including BookFusion on this thread. It’s not totally wrong for skillachie to respond. I do think that a simple link to the BookFusion thread would be appropriate. If people want to investigate more they can go there.
Thanks for being fair unlike others. As you can tell, I have only addressed posts that ask about BookFusion or refer to BookFusion on the thread. It is only right that I do so.

Other apps are also mentioned on the thread, they even go in long debug sessions back and forth. No comment to request members to go create a different thread(this is a Marvin thread).If it bothers some readers that much to see BookFusion's response then they can add me to the ignore list and the problem is solved.

Last edited by skillachie; 08-10-2023 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-10-2023, 09:51 AM   #205
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
Do you have to place your ads here, isn't there a BookFusion thread?
I only reply to posts that mention BookFusion. See my response above. No different from the ones that mention and discuss other apps back and forth. What I did do, however was removed my footer from my signature. So that will no longer show.

Quote:
Good. Then I can answer here.

But BookFusion cannot catch the correct chapter for annotations.

Attachment 203094 Attachment 203095

But Marvin and MapleRead can

Attachment 203096 Attachment 203097
Thank you for taking the time to try the platform.

This is more than likely an edge case , that could be due to the language. We would be happy to have this resolved quickly. Could you share a copy or sample of the PDF? You can reply here, DM me here or email support@bookfusion.com

This appears to be the Web Reader

Last edited by skillachie; 08-10-2023 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-10-2023, 09:54 AM   #206
Wiggo
Leftutti

I will send you later the scrambled eBook as it is copyrighted.
Old 08-10-2023, 09:58 AM   #207
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
I will send you later the scrambled eBook as it is copyrighted.
Thank you. Only a few pages should be enough to have us investigate. If it is not an expensive book we can also look into purchasing to resolve this
Old 08-10-2023, 12:14 PM   #208
Wiggo
Leftutti

Here you are!
Attached Files
File Type: epub Pablo Picasso - Ina Conzen_scrambled.epub (1.40 MB, 40 views)
Old 08-12-2023, 01:19 AM   #209
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Here you are!
Thank you. Replicated the issue for this particular ePub. Will be fixed in the next release in 2-3 weeks. We just had a release previously https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=118
Old 08-25-2023, 10:28 AM   #210
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Here you are!
This was fixed in the latest release. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bookfusion/id1141834096. Thanks again for the feedback.