Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-25-2018, 05:21 PM   #196
ehesh
ehesh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Have you tried the audiobook via bluetooth feature? do you know how much faster the battery dies?
ehesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:27 PM   #197
kript96
Enthusiast
kript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle PW (2018), Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehesh View Post
Have you tried the audiobook via bluetooth feature? do you know how much faster the battery dies?
I doubt i'll use that function since i don't have bt headphones/speakers
kript96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2018, 02:16 PM   #198
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Isn't that considered cheating?
No, not at all, we're instructed to do it to find books that have certain words to fit for challenges.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:20 PM   #199
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fardeenah View Post
people are complaining that the text feels washed out on the psw4? any thoughts? i have a pw3
To me the text is definitely lighter and washed out, which is why I prefer my PW3 screen, but I have ended up bolding it to 2 instead of 1 to help combat this. It's still not as crisp but it helps.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:24 PM   #200
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
To me the text is definitely lighter and washed out, which is why I prefer my PW3 screen, but I have ended up bolding it to 2 instead of 1 to help combat this. It's still not as crisp but it helps.
I noticed it immediately. I bought two refurb Voyages from Woot, and rarely pickup the PW4 now. The text on the Voyage is so much crisper. It's just a more enjoyable reading experience.

Unless you absolutely need a water proof reader or want to listen to audio books, I'd recommend the $79 PW3

Edit: Updated link points to a PW3 without Special Offers.

Last edited by JimmyR; 11-29-2018 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Update Link
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2018, 03:25 PM   #201
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I have not seen the percentage view on my Voyage yet, but I don't like seeing it on my Oasis 2. Since the last update on my Oasis, I can no longer avoid seeing it. I used to be able to switch to battery symbol only. Now it's both symbol and percentage.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:18 PM   #202
Paperbackstash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
Unless you absolutely need a water proof reader or want to listen to audio books, I'd recommend the $79 PW3 [/url]
I have a PW3 and definitely plan on keeping it. I'm keeping the PW4 for the Waterproof feature as well (do a lot of reading in the bath). There are benefits to both, but I was hoping more on the screen I'll admit, especially since it's a few years newer.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:33 AM   #203
ronker
ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle 5, PW2, PW4
Is there a chance to get rid of the long wakeup (5 seconds) without login the Kindle with a real Amazon account?
ronker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:20 AM   #204
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronker View Post
Is there a chance to get rid of the long wakeup (5 seconds) without login the Kindle with a real Amazon account?
You need to turn off the Power Saver option in Settings (Device Options -> Advanced Options).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #205
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
I'm guessing going from recessed to flush screen places the top layer farther away from the e-ink screen and makes the text fainter and blurrier. The Voyage does this too but uses higher quality light layer to compensate.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:31 PM   #206
ronker
ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ronker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
You need to turn off the Power Saver option in Settings (Device Options -> Advanced Options).
The Advanced Options are only accessible when the Kindle is logged in an amazon account thats the problem..
Old 11-27-2018, 02:34 PM   #207
ronker

Quote:
I feel the same compared to my PW2 and I also use bold 2 to compensate a little bit. The text was a lot thinner than on my old PW2 firmware without the ability to set the bold level.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:36 PM   #208
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
The Advanced Options are only accessible when the Kindle is logged in an amazon account thats the problem..
If you’re concerned about Amazon logging information, register your Kindle and then simply leave airplane mode turned on.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:39 PM   #209
ronker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you’re concerned about Amazon logging information, register your Kindle and then simply leave airplane mode turned on.
I have consider that but I don't want to have the special offers note with an aditional gesture when wake up the kindle..
Old 11-27-2018, 03:04 PM   #210
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I have consider that but I don't want to have the special offers note with an aditional gesture when wake up the kindle..
Then get SO removed. You chose to accept a discounted price in exchange for accepting advertising. If you don’t want advertising, remove SO.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote