Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #196
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
There is also one important thing while using the firmware zip file.

It is sort of obvious, but the file name should not be altered! I added the version number at the end of the original name (which I do always for any firmware, if it does not include version info in original name) and of course renamed file was not recognized...
Actually: prefixes work (so if you prepend, e.g., fw.1.7. , you're safe)
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #197
ragasol
ragasol began at the beginning.

Device: onyxboox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Try to go back to the previous version see if that works
This way you can find out if it is the firmware or your SD card or the hardware

For all the people complaining about upgrade problems: It would be helpful if you could mention the speed of your SD card and the model and the maker.
Considering that the upgrade is not a small file the process might get stuck with slower cards....
Thanks for the answer:

Lexar premium series card 16GB 100X

I see the 1.6 version is quite big... and there is a zip update file inside. Is that correct?

RAFA

Last edited by ragasol; 02-24-2012 at 11:38 AM.
ragasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #198
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
Actually: prefixes work (so if you prepend, e.g., fw.1.7. , you're safe)
Good to know. I'll use prefixes instead of suffixes for Onyx firmware.

EDIT:
I confirm, prefixes work.

Last edited by Mono; 02-24-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #199
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragasol View Post
Thanks for the answer:

Lexar premium series card 16GB 100X

I see the 1.6 version is quite big... and there is a zip update file inside. Is that correct?

RAFA

I suspected a slow card
I used a Kingston x4 16G
Now try with a slower one if you have any !
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #200
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Reader source

Hi Booxtor.

Sorry, if this has been asked before... but is there any way to get the source of the PDFReader software in order to customize and contribute?

In one thread I understood that a project called PoDoFo were the original reader software... but then again, Settings->About mentions Adobe Reader Mobile...
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #201
ragasol

Quote:

I suspected a slow card
I used a Kingston x4 16G
Now try with a slower one if you have any !

You are right... I have tried a slower card.

Thanks.

RAFA
Old 02-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #202
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragasol View Post

You are right... I have tried a slower card.

Thanks.

RAFA
Did it work?
Old 02-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #203
ragasol

Quote:
Did it work?
Yes. I had problems rebooting the device, but it worked.

Now the stylus doesn't work very well, but I can use the M92 without it...

Thank you.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #204
PF4Mobile
Guru

great!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #205
ragasol

Quote:
great!
If I want to downgrade... do you know if 1.6 file is OK?

I see that is very big, with another zip file inside...
Old 02-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #206
PF4Mobile
Guru

I don't know, I have not tried, I do not have reasons to do that
1.6 looked bad from my perspective
1.7 is fine so far.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #207
kodomo
M92 info archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
Hi Booxtor.

Sorry, if this has been asked before... but is there any way to get the source of the PDFReader software in order to customize and contribute?

In one thread I understood that a project called PoDoFo were the original reader software... but then again, Settings->About mentions Adobe Reader Mobile...
Got a pointer to https://github.com/onyx-intl/boox-op...f_tools/podofo by PF4Mobile (thx )
Old 02-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #208
ragasol

Quote:
I don't know, I have not tried, I do not have reasons to do that
1.6 looked bad from my perspective
1.7 is fine so far.
Thank you anyway. I am experimenting errors with 1.7. Stylus doesn't work properly. Calibration neither, I will update again with a new sd card...

EDIT: Trying to downgrade with a brand new kingston x4 sd card. Same problem again. Can't reboot the device...

RAFA

Last edited by ragasol; 02-24-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #209
kodomo
M92 info archivist

Interesting... it looks like to possibility for several colors is already there in
booxsdk/code/src/ui/sketch_actions.cpp:249
but disabled in the version in the firmware.

Any chance that they would re-enable these options (and replace the colors with (white,black,red,green,blue))?
(From my point of view: nevermind that they may look alike on the grayscale display - but even that could be remedied by carefully selecting color variants of different brightness)

IMHO, it would be a cheap modification that would be very useful. (actually one of the three features I really miss more and more )

(the others are the upcoming column zoom, and the (panning) hide/show margin functionality in hide-margin zoom)

Last edited by kodomo; 02-24-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #210
PF4Mobile
Guru

The libraries might allow you to do that but you need to program the interface to give you that option and you have to harmonize that with the other features
If you read my thread you will see that there is already a problem with switching from black to white and back . There are some internal variables that have to be managed ans synchronized while you are changing the colors ...it is not that easy (you should know what I am talking about if you ever programmed)