Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #181
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
We need some visuals!!!

WDE (WishingDoughtsEveryday)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #182
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Doughnuts fit for a certain Queen of Pinwheel!!

WDE (WiseDoughnutEngineer)
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #183
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
:stomachsuddenlygrumbling: arg !!! want doughnuts !!!!!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #184
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Runner-up for the Bilbophy!!

Instructions on how to make your own.

WDE (WillingDoughnutEvaporator)

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 06-02-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #185
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
when did they start to make zanny carter doughnuts?
Hey, it's going to be your idea in a fortnight! Surely you remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Runner-up for the Bilbophy!!

Instructions on how to make your own.

WDE (WillingDoughnutEvaporator)
Remember, each Bilbophy is unique and is for any newcomer (I don't like "newbie", except when used as a self-appellation) who jumps in feet-/hands-/paws-/tentacles-/grasping-and-or-motile-appendages-first, and is to be tailored (if not Taylor514ce'd, like my avatar) in a manner topical to their personality or means of jumping-in'ness. For instance, if UncleDuke was just now jumping in glaze-first, WDE's Bilbophy above would be a most excellent example.

Remember the motto of the Unutterably Silly Club: Inclusion & Confusion

(Okay, that's not the motto, and if we had one it'd change quicker than pshrynk changes avatars, but I like mottos, even if I forget them within moments of reading them)

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 01:03 AM   #186
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Ok, I think I jumped up and down quite enough for now (see preceeding link)
so... where's my bilbophy?

Now, before I forget, here's the picture of a batch of doughtnuts I've made yesterday.
Do you know how weird it is to be taking pictures of the food you're making in a grocery store? Clients were backing out slowly, while I was nervwreckingly gigling, trying to keep a steady hand on the camera... Good times!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1134.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	30230  
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:38 AM   #187
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Today is National Doughnut Day in the USA.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:44 AM   #188
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
They are clearly late. No matter. (heads out the door)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #189
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Get a brief history on National Do(ugh)nut Day and take a cute trivia test.

WDE (WorldDoughnutExperience)
Old 06-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #190
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
They are clearly late. No matter. (heads out the door)
They're not late. They're just giving us ONE MORE OFFICIAL DAY this month. (I'm right on your heels . . . er . . . paws.)
Old 06-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #191
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
Get a brief history on National Do(ugh)nut Day and take a cute trivia test.

WDE (WorldDoughnutExpert)
Fixed that for ya.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #192
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Fixed that for ya.
Thanks Lady Blue.
Where's Uncle Duke. Do you think he's on a day-long do(ugh)not shop crawl?

Old 06-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #193
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
Thanks Lady Blue.
Where's Uncle Duke. Do you think he's on a day-long do(ugh)not shop crawl?

I'm sure you're right.

He must have been planning for this day in advance.

Can't believe it would have been a surprise.

I can't believe he wasn't the first to announce it either.

I'm sure it was on his calendar.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #194
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
I don't eat doughnuts very often. It probably stems from a job I had after high school at a Dunkin Doughnuts (we used to call it Drunkin Doughnuts because I worked the midnight shift).

Myself and one other guy used to make 200 dozen doughtnuts every night. No, the drunks and the cops didn't eat that many doughnuts. Most of the doughnuts were picked up in the morning by local businesses.

I even know how they get the jelly in the jelly doughnuts
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #195
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
you have learned well my children and four pawed friend

i am warmed in the heart to know that you sought and found the national day to honor what we honor each month and i honor every day

i am gladened to see each of you take your own leadership roles in this movement, from producing to eating to promotion, of making others aware of this wonderful part of our culture

recently a friend returned from canada and told me of the growing doughnut movement there, she told me how canada has intertwined their national identy with the doughnut, i will never look at a canadian again, i am also looking for a 7&7 doughnut

so go fourth and spread the word, tell all that will listen and all that will eat, tell them of the wonders and the joys of the doughnut
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glace au four