Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #166
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
this thread flat died....exopc review out at engadget...i think she was overly harsh, jmo....she's an apple fan so you get what you pay for.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:36 AM   #167
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Here's a link to the article:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/27/exopc-slate-review/

She's harsh on the limitations of the ExoPC custom GUI and associated apps, and gives the impression that having to switch to using the full Windows 7 OS is somehow a bad thing, although does admit that she's reviewing a pre-production device with software updates coming thick and fast.

However, overall I think it's a balanced review, with plenty of good points, and you can't really fault her conclusion that a four hour battery life will limit the market to those who don't mind being near a power adapter.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2010, 04:57 AM   #168
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
However, overall I think it's a balanced review, with plenty of good points, and you can't really fault her conclusion that a four hour battery life will limit the market to those who don't mind being near a power adapter.

Graham
Yes, I find it a good review as well... At least she actually pointed out the good things and the bad things and let the reader decide what is more important.

The battery life shouldn't be much of a problem, if you were only able to replace it... That's a major negative for me.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:46 AM   #169
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
I feel like the review was mostly fair and didn't seem too biased to me. I have to agree that the battery life issue is a big one, six hours really should be the minimum. I think that once the ExoPC is reviewed by "regular" folks we will really see what the strengths and weaknesses are. I am still waiting for my 64GB model to ship, the wait is almost too much to handle...
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote