Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #166
zorah
Enthusiast
zorah is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad; iPhone; Asus T91MT; Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I sent them a scanned application via email on Jan 17; they replied on Jan 18, saying they received my application and that I would hear from them in 5-10 business days with instructions on payment for my library card. Can't wait - as soon as the 10 day are up I'm contacting them if they don't get back to me by then
Wow, I guess I am a lucky PA resident!! I live in a neighboring county and have an Access PA sticker on my local library system (which is also now offering digital services). So I am fortunate that I get an FLP card at no charge. I signed up for my FLP card online 2/8 late at night and it arrived in today's mail already. Now, this still won't bump me up on the waiting lists for books though, LOL.
Do hope yours will arrive soon though!!!
zorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:46 PM   #167
thaigreg
Connoisseur
thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.

Device: BeBook/JBL/Kindle 3
Hi,

Has anyone had this problem? Received email to checkout a book I placed on hold. Went to digital library but would not let me access my account. Stated that my library card # or pin was not valid. Called FLP and they stated that they could access my account with no problems. They are now checking it out and will get back to me via email. Later I tried logging in at the home page and was able to get in, but I still could not log in to the digital library. Also at the home page my account stated that I had NO holds.

Greg
thaigreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #168
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaigreg View Post
Hi,

Has anyone had this problem? Received email to checkout a book I placed on hold. Went to digital library but would not let me access my account. Stated that my library card # or pin was not valid. Called FLP and they stated that they could access my account with no problems. They are now checking it out and will get back to me via email. Later I tried logging in at the home page and was able to get in, but I still could not log in to the digital library. Also at the home page my account stated that I had NO holds.

Greg
Did you go to the FLP Overdrive page to log in, rather than FLP main page?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #169
vulcan_girl
Groupie
vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350
Quote:
Hi,

Greg
After the Christmas slowdown, the bookmark I had for the FLP digital library was no longer valid and my saved data wouldn't work. I updated it and that fixed it. Are you accessing the page via bookmark or from the library home page?
vulcan_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #170
thaigreg
Connoisseur
thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.thaigreg can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Did you go to the FLP Overdrive page to log in, rather than FLP main page?
I access the library from the link in the email, which took me directly to the overdrive library. Later I went to the home page and was able to log in, but when I went to the overdrive library from the home page and logged in it failed.

Greg
Advert
Old 02-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #171
thaigreg
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcan_girl View Post
After the Christmas slowdown, the bookmark I had for the FLP digital library was no longer valid and my saved data wouldn't work. I updated it and that fixed it. Are you accessing the page via bookmark or from the library home page?
My bookmark works fine. It brings me to the home page. I usually click the digital books link, which takes me to the overdrive library and then sign in, except when I receive a email to get a book that I placed on hold.

Greg

Last edited by thaigreg; 02-15-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:50 AM   #172
lila55
Fanatic
lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360° , iPhone 5, PRS-650, Sony PRS-T2, Sony PRS-T3, Tolino
Quote:
Hi,

Greg
Same for me. I checked out a book yesterday evening and everything worked just fine. But now I get the same message as you do. Maybe it is just a temporary glitch? I will try again tonight.
lila55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:09 AM   #173
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I'm having the same problem; been trying from last night to log in
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:53 AM   #174
lila55
Fanatic
lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I still cannot access my account.
@thaigreg: Did the library get back to you in the meantime and fix it for you?
Old 02-17-2011, 01:04 AM   #175
thaigreg
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lila55 View Post
I still cannot access my account.
@thaigreg: Did the library get back to you in the meantime and fix it for you?
Hi lila55,

Still can't access my account through Overdrive, but I can access my account at the FLP home page. I'm going to call again in the morning my time (I'm 12 hrs ahead) if this hasn't been corrected.

Greg
Old 02-17-2011, 06:13 AM   #176
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I contacted them by phone yesterday evening, and the rep confirmed that he knows of at least one other person who has called with the same problem. He promised to pass on the issue to the relevant persons.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:12 PM   #177
lila55
Fanatic

Yesterday I wrote to FLP, reporting the problem.

Just received an answer:
----------
"Dear Madame;

We experienced some problems with the Overdrive Media.
It should be working again.
Thank you for contacting the Free Library of Philadelphia.

General Information Department"
----------
And I am happy to say, it does work again
Old 02-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #178
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Yay, it does work! Thanks for letting us know
Old 02-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #179
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I never knew it wasn't working. It's been working fine for me.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #180
thaigreg
Connoisseur

Quote:
Yesterday I wrote to FLP, reporting the problem.

Just received an answer:
----------
"Dear Madame;

We experienced some problems with the Overdrive Media.
It should be working again.
Thank you for contacting the Free Library of Philadelphia.

General Information Department"
----------
Same here. Just signed in and downloaded my request before it expired.

Tags
australia, free library, new zealand, non-us, philadelphia