Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-02-2010, 06:32 AM   #166
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
Ironic (or fitting?). In that previous post, there is a typo in the word typo (type).
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #167
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Xenolith is number 5 on the all-time "best-seller" list on Smashwords!

(Full Disclosure: most of my "sales" are from free coupons).

Including samples, It's approaching 2,000 downloads with about 20 reviews.
(One review per 100 downloads or 50 "sales").

Here's excerpts from the latest reviews:

"I thoroughly enjoyed this book"

"Well written with interesting characters. Characters you want to read about and care for. Great story!"

"Overall, a thoroughly enjoyable read."

"Great, great book. I don't normally like fantasy and sci-fi, but this book blew me away. I'd actually categorize it as "Action/Adventure".

I love the multiple plot lines, the jumping around of the point of view, the snappy chapters ... every time I opened the book to read on it was like calling up good friends and heading out to an adventure."

(That last one makes me blush).

There's bad aspects too, but I'm feeling less self-flagellatory today than usual.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #168
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Congratulations ASparrow How's the sequel coming along?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:48 AM   #169
ASparrow
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Congratulations ASparrow How's the sequel coming along?
The sequel (Peregrin) is written at 105k words, but going through intensive edits. Hard to predict when exactly it will be ready. Some chapters have been a breeze to revise, dotting the i's, so to speak. Some (like the one I'm working on now) are a b*tch. Eighteen done so far (1/3). Poor Frank. I am so mean to him.

On another front, I'll be releasing a completely different novel this summer, called "Lethe." It's a fantasy about a dysfunctional afterlife for unfinished souls. Dan Tompkins, 22, murdered by a dead and distant relation from the afterlife, wants out and will do anything to get his life back.

This one will be ready for beta reads and copy-edits by mid-June.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #170
ASparrow
Addict

Some background on XENOLITH and its author is appearing on the Indie Spotlight blog tomorrow (Wednesday):
http://www.theindiespotlight.com/

Hopefully, I don't come across as too weird.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #171
ASparrow
Addict

Xenolith is the #8 most downloaded SciFi and Fantasy ebook on Smashwords and the overall #5 all-time bestseller.

Come see why. It won't cost you a penny, and it might change your opinion of the value of 'free.'
Old 05-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #172
ASparrow
Addict

Just a heads up. I plan to release my new novel, LETHE, on July 1, and may reconsider my pricing strategy at that point.

(Note: this is not the sequel to Xenolith, which is still under revision, and probably won't be ready until late summer, early fall.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #173
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Is it still free? I want it. Thanks!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:28 AM   #174
ASparrow
Addict

Yes, Xenolith is still free. Just enter $0.00 for the price, or you can sample 100% directly, which is quicker (requires fewer keystrokes).

Come July 1, though, I'm thinking of setting a price of either $0.99 or making both books completely free.

Last edited by ASparrow; 05-30-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:17 AM   #175
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASparrow View Post
Yes, Xenolith is still free. Just enter $0.00 for the price, or you can sample 100% directly, which is quicker (requires fewer keystrokes).
But sampling only gets you the current version - using a zero sales price puts the book in your library and you can get any updates the author posts later or download another format after the price changes, etc.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #176
ASparrow
Addict

That's strange. I took the beta version of Lethe off-line on Friday but I've had 2 additional downloads today to make a total of 24 for my 24-hour trial (Full release: July 1).

Maybe samples and full downloads each get counted? In that case, Xenolith might have gotten out to fewer readers than I originally thought (2,040).
Old 06-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #177
ASparrow
Addict

Peregrin is 22/68 complete.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:28 AM   #178
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASparrow View Post
That's strange. I took the beta version of Lethe off-line on Friday but I've had 2 additional downloads today to make a total of 24 for my 24-hour trial (Full release: July 1).

Maybe samples and full downloads each get counted? In that case, Xenolith might have gotten out to fewer readers than I originally thought (2,040).
Both samples and full downloads are counted in the Downloads column - so if I download a sample, then buy it and download another copy, it'll probably count as 2 downloads.

Could be either someone who bought it downloading a copy, OR someone who's accessing the catalogue via a feed-site (where it hasn't yet been updated as 'unpublished') downloading a sample. Probably the former.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #179
ASparrow
Addict

There's a new review posted that mentions "epub" formatting issues that I hadn't realized before. Has anyone else had a problem viewing Xenolith in epub?

(Otherwise, they seemed to enjoy it).
Old 06-09-2010, 08:03 PM   #180
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
No problems with the EPUB here ... However, that reviewer seems to be saying that the table of contents doesn't work. The table of contents is listed at the beginning of the book, but it doesn't link to the different chapters, so it's difficult to jump to a specific chapter. Perhaps the ebook software he was using on his phone loads chapters individually, to speed up the load process. With no working table of contents, his software considers the book to be one big file and loads the whole thing each time he opens it.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, fantasy, free