Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-19-2015, 08:05 AM   #166
truemarine
truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K4B, Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Since an new FW is supposed to appear very soon, I will wait the next FW.
Thanks and will wait for it.
truemarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:38 AM   #167
questerymj
questerymj began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Tested 3.17 and worked well in my bland new kobo glo HD.

But I would like to know if I can change the system font a bit smaller, like the size of book name in library book list. Can I modify it in patcher and pack the file to update?
questerymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2015, 06:28 AM   #168
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerymj View Post
Tested 3.17 and worked well in my bland new kobo glo HD.
I am glad it works for you!

Quote:
But I would like to know if I can change the system font a bit smaller, like the size of book name in library book list. Can I modify it in patcher and pack the file to update?
Yes, it is possible to modify the patch. The files to edit are located in the folder 3.17.0_source, and have the extension ".txt". You can change everything behind "newdata=" and behind "newpart=". For some details see this post. You might be surprised when you open the patch files!
Since FW 3.17.0 has already been replaced by 3.17.3, it might not be worth spending much time in modifying the patch for 3.17.0 however.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:28 PM   #169
questerymj

Quote:
I am glad it works for you!

Yes, it is possible to modify the patch. The files to edit are located in the folder 3.17.0_source, and have the extension ".txt". You can change everything behind "newdata=" and behind "newpart=". For some details see this post. You might be surprised when you open the patch files!
Since FW 3.17.0 has already been replaced by 3.17.3, it might not be worth spending much time in modifying the patch for 3.17.0 however.
Thank you for replying! I'm a big fan of your patch and keep using it in my Kobo Glo, and now Glo HD. Always thank you for making it for us.

Yes I know 17.3 is released, but rather than keep pursuing latest patch, I would like to have a stable customed patch that best for me. XD Thanks for the information, I will try to trim the font size for myself.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:06 AM   #170
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you for replying! I'm a big fan of your patch and keep using it in my Kobo Glo, and now Glo HD. Always thank you for making it for us.

Yes I know 17.3 is released, but rather than keep pursuing latest patch, I would like to have a stable customed patch that best for me. XD Thanks for the information, I will try to trim the font size for myself.
If you only need a slightly enlarged font size. Have a look at this thread. For me, this is for the most part sufficient. For my personal use, I think I will only keep the changes relating to the dictionary and the menu of the "modification for bad eyes", maybe some others.
Advert
Old 08-24-2015, 12:08 AM   #171
questerymj

Quote:
If you only need a slightly enlarged font size. Have a look at this thread. For me, this is for the most part sufficient. For my personal use, I think I will only keep the changes relating to the dictionary and the menu of the "modification for bad eyes", maybe some others.
Thanks for your suggestion again!

I just try it and find the menu/book name list txts are still too large for me, maybe because my kobo is glo HD so it didn't works. Could you tell me which lines are related to menu texts? Thanks in advanced!
Old 08-24-2015, 03:53 AM   #172
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks for your suggestion again!

I just try it and find the menu/book name list txts are still too large for me, maybe because my kobo is glo HD so it didn't works.
Did you revert/remove the modifications for bad eyes before you applied the "Non-italic book titles and so on, access to Japanese keyboard" modification? If both are applied, the effect is the combined results of both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by questerymj
Could you tell me which lines are related to menu texts? Thanks in advanced!
The very first patch in the file nickel.txt. It is located in line 20, directly after
Code:
// -------------------------------------------------- Menu

Last edited by tshering; 08-24-2015 at 08:24 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:33 AM   #173
tshering
Wizard

Modification for Bad Eyes FW 3.17.3

Same rules, limitations ... as in the last versions.

For those who want more control:
Spoiler:
This time I added some files in the folder "plus" in order to help those who want to have more control over the large amount of unclassified patches. In these files I replaced the values for font-size of the "new parts" with symbols. An example:

Code:
<patch>
name=?
enabled=true
action=replace_string
position=B7F508
oldpart=* {\n\ttext-decoration: underline;\n\tfont: 13px Avenir;\n\ttext-transform: uppercase;\n\ttext-decoration: underline;\n\tpadding-left: 2px;\n\tpadding-right: 2px;\n}\n\n
oldpart=*[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"]      { font-size: 16px; }\n
oldpart=*[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"]       { font-size: 21px; }\n
oldpart=*[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"]      { font-size: 23px; }\n
oldpart=*[qApp_localeName="ja_JP"]   {font-family: Sans-SerifJP; text-transform: none; }
newpart=* {\n\ttext-decoration: underline;\n\tfont: <<13px>> Avenir;\n\ttext-transform: uppercase;\n\ttext-decoration: underline;\n\tpadding-left: 2px;\n\tpadding-right: 2px;\n}\n\n
newpart=*[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"]      { font-size: <<16px>>; }\n
newpart=*[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"]       { font-size: <<21px>>; }\n
newpart=*[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"]      { font-size: <<23px>>; }\n
newpart=*[qApp_localeName="ja_JP"]   {font-family: Sans-SerifJP; text-transform: none; }
combineparts
</patch>
For only slightly increasing the font-size, you could for instance replace all occurrences of "<<16px>>" by "18px" and so on.

At the top of each file, there is a complete list of the used symbols, for instance:
# symbols: <<17px>>, <<19px>>, <<22px>>, <<23px>>, <<26px>>, <<28px>>, <<29px>>, <<30px>>, <<32px>>, <<36px>>, <<38px>>, <<39px>>, <<56px>>, <<64px>>,

You have to replace ALL symbols by real values!
Especially in the case of zlib compressed strings, you will possibly have to manually modify the strings in order to make the new compressed data smaller than or equal in size to the old data. While preparing, use 3.17.3_checkmode.bat instead of 3.17.3.bat. In check mode, a length error will not stop the processing, but continue and the list of errors will be presented at the end.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBPatcher12_3.17.3.zip (506.9 KB, 222 views)

Last edited by tshering; 08-29-2015 at 06:33 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #174
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Same rules, limitations ... as in the last versions.

For those who want more control:
Spoiler:
This time I added some files in the folder "plus" in order to help those who want to have more control over the large amount of unclassified patches. In these files I replaced the values for font-size of the "new parts" with symbols. An example:

Code:
<patch>
name=?
enabled=true
action=replace_string
position=B7F508
oldpart=* {\n\ttext-decoration: underline;\n\tfont: 13px Avenir;\n\ttext-transform: uppercase;\n\ttext-decoration: underline;\n\tpadding-left: 2px;\n\tpadding-right: 2px;\n}\n\n
oldpart=*[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"]      { font-size: 16px; }\n
oldpart=*[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"]       { font-size: 21px; }\n
oldpart=*[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"]      { font-size: 23px; }\n
oldpart=*[qApp_localeName="ja_JP"]   {font-family: Sans-SerifJP; text-transform: none; }
newpart=* {\n\ttext-decoration: underline;\n\tfont: <<13px>> Avenir;\n\ttext-transform: uppercase;\n\ttext-decoration: underline;\n\tpadding-left: 2px;\n\tpadding-right: 2px;\n}\n\n
newpart=*[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"]      { font-size: <<16px>>; }\n
newpart=*[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"]       { font-size: <<21px>>; }\n
newpart=*[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"]      { font-size: <<23px>>; }\n
newpart=*[qApp_localeName="ja_JP"]   {font-family: Sans-SerifJP; text-transform: none; }
combineparts
</patch>
For only slightly increasing the font-size, you could for instance replace all occurrences of "<<16px>>" by "18px" and so on.

At the top of the file, there is a complete list of the used symbols, for instance:
# symbols: <<17px>>, <<19px>>, <<22px>>, <<23px>>, <<26px>>, <<28px>>, <<29px>>, <<30px>>, <<32px>>, <<36px>>, <<38px>>, <<39px>>, <<56px>>, <<64px>>,

You have to replace ALL symbols by real values!
Especially in the case of zlib compressed strings, you will possibly have to manually modify the strings in order to make the new compressed data smaller than or equal in size to the old data. While preparing, use 3.17.3_checkmode.bat instead of 3.17.3.bat. In check mode, a length error will not stop the processing, but continue and the list of errors will be presented at the end.
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:09 AM   #175
questerymj

Thanks a lot!!!!
Old 08-28-2015, 03:54 AM   #176
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Thank you!
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:36 AM   #177
tshering
Wizard

3.17.3, remove italic from book titles in library

Different from the patch for 3.15.0, this one concerns only nickel. Since nickel is not modified in GeoffR's patch for 3.17.3, you can simply double-click 3.17.3.bat and copy the created KoboRoot.tgz to .kobo of your device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truemarine View Post
Thanks and will wait for it.
It took me longer than expected!
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBPatcher12_3.17.3_titles_not_italic.zip (476.1 KB, 145 views)
Old 08-28-2015, 07:09 PM   #178
truemarine
truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K4B, Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Different from the patch for 3.15.0, this one concerns only nickel. Since nickel is not modified in GeoffR's patch for 3.17.3, you can simply double-click 3.17.3.bat and copy the created KoboRoot.tgz to .kobo of your device.

It took me longer than expected!
So grateful! I didn't expect it. Thanks again!
truemarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:35 AM   #179
iplag
iplag began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA, KINDLE DX
To tshering
Frst of all thanks for the 3.15 patch. It worked nicely in the begining. However when I tried to use an sd card, it could not be recognizzed. After performing factory reset the card worked fine. I tried to patch it again and the card could not be recognizzed. Factory reset again and everything was ok.
I would appreciate any hints on how to solve this.
iplag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:01 AM   #180
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplag View Post
To tshering
Frst of all thanks for the 3.15 patch. It worked nicely in the begining. However when I tried to use an sd card, it could not be recognizzed. After performing factory reset the card worked fine. I tried to patch it again and the card could not be recognizzed. Factory reset again and everything was ok.
I would appreciate any hints on how to solve this.
This might be difficult to hunt the culprit down. You would have to enable and disable each patch block and check whether the sd is working or not. Maybe it is easier to try the patch for one of 3.17.3 and see whether this issue does occur there too.