Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-18-2008, 10:23 PM   #166
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Sweet Bulgarity

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 07-02-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:34 PM   #167
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Eagles, Hotel California, live version, long intro.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2008, 07:49 AM   #168
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
that was AMAZING !!!! thank you !

if you like that, might i recommend the lyric stylings of l'Attirail (balkano-parisian gypsy orchestra, with accordeon *and* trumpet, and a drum section made almost entirely out of cooking pots (really)). they do a version of that song as well. i wanted to share specifically that song with you but while i was trying to find it (i have 3 of their cds) i kept getting distracted by how great all the songs were and forgetting what i was looking for.

but you can start with The raki raki's sweets and El ultimo smoke, preferably played loud and / or with really good headphones. make sure you push the furniture out of the way, you won't be able to stand still. if you like those, i highly recommend that you listen to the albums "musiques des préfectures autonomes", then "dancings des bouts du monde", then "harmonies communales" in that order (click on the album links in the deezer pages).

when i discovered l'attirail about 10 years ago they were playing in a tiny café on the canal near the Gare de l'Est, in the middle of the afternoon. the café was so tiny, and so packed with people for the concert, that they had piled the tables on top of each other in the back of the room to clear the floor, and on top of the tables were more people. the band was crowded in a little corner in the back and everyone was dancing and shouting and clapping their hands. i think the entire building was actually swaying along with the dancers, from their enthusiasm.

since i'm too short to see much if i'm in the back of a crowd, i climbed on a table as well and that was the begining of a beautiful story between me and l'attirail... for several years after that (until all the original members but one left the band to have children... don't you just hate when that happens...) i never missed a concert in every tiny café in the city and became friends with the musicians. one evening i had a near religious experience while dancing with the trumpet player, who was playing as he danced with me. the stuff of legends, i tell you. amazing band.

check their albums on beleive as well.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:33 PM   #169
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Loved it, MB. The folks at candyrat have found a gold mine of talented people. I have a couple cds from them and am always looking for great things like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hAPttcN0uE
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:49 PM   #170
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Inspired me to dig out my ancient copy of Le Mystère des Voix Bulgares.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgari...le_Vocal_Choir
http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/musi...457280,00.html
http://www.last.fm/music/Le+Myst%C3%...+voix+Bulgares
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2008, 02:50 PM   #171
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
"We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel. I am trying to make a music video starring my Spore creation.

I'm also trying to get the kitchen cabinets painted ... but that's another problem.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #172
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Loved it, MB. The folks at candyrat have found a gold mine of talented people. I have a couple cds from them and am always looking for great things like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hAPttcN0uE
that's great stuff vr ! thanks for the linky !! i've just been sitting here listening to different clips... i love his voice.

clearly i'm going to have to look into candyrat records...
Old 07-24-2008, 08:48 AM   #173
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"Er war ein Punker
Und er lebte in der großen Stadt
Es war Wien, war Vienna
Wo er alles tat
Er hatte Schulden denn er trank
Doch ihn liebten alle Frauen
Und jede rief:
Come on and Rock Me Amadeus"

[INSERT EVIL LAUGH] ...and there's plenty more where that came from, me lovelies...[INSERT EVIL LAUGH]

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:13 PM   #174
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Frightened Rabbit - "Heads Roll Off"

Warning to Zelda. This video features "Shums" but they can only be seen but not heard.

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 07-02-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:27 PM   #175
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

Cat Power

The Greatest

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 07-02-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:21 PM   #176
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Frightened Rabbit

Heads Roll Off

Warning to Zelda. This video features "Shums" but they can only be seen but not heard.
i appreciate your concern for my psychological well-being. visible but inaudible shums cause me no pain, unless there is the implication that they might become audible in the future.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:37 PM   #177
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The Pretender by Jackson Browne
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:05 PM   #178
mickitaz
Connoisseur
mickitaz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Elgar: Complete Works for Wind Quintet
mickitaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:10 PM   #179
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickitaz View Post
Elgar: Complete Works for Wind Quintet
I always loved his 2nd Symphony and the Enigma Variations.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:06 AM   #180
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
"Ozark", from "As Wichita Falls, so falls Wichita Falls" by Pat Metheny and Lyle Mays.

(I miss Pandora [yes, I know there are ways round this]; never really got to grips with last.fm; maybe I should try it again.)
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)