Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-12-2006, 04:24 AM   #166
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
That sounds nice, cant wait to have the iLiad in my hands.

And nice to have a peeping tom from irex around. Feel free to join in on the conversation.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:27 AM   #167
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
yes...and mobilereaders beware...BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!!!
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2006, 04:32 AM   #168
ThinkNeXT
Enthusiast
ThinkNeXT began at the beginning.

Device: Loox600/S55/Ogo CT 17
Thanks a lot, CommanderROR, I appreciate the fact that you are always clearing questions that are popping up with Irex very much!
ThinkNeXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:33 AM   #169
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
yeah. that's good. So we can give our feedback on this board, instead of bugging iRex directly.

But having a SpokesRex joining the discussion would be even better.

*continues to wait for further messages while reading a printed lecture script (what a waste of perfectly good trees)*
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:40 AM   #170
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High 5
# 518 and still on "order comfirmed, processing".
# 601... Still have "Shipped To xxx" and "Order comfirmed, processing". And no answer from iRex concerning the email I sent to them yesterday...
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2006, 04:41 AM   #171
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHer
yeah. that's good. So we can give our feedback on this board, instead of bugging iRex directly.

But having a SpokesRex joining the discussion would be even better.

*continues to wait for further messages while reading a printed lecture script (what a waste of perfectly good trees)*
Once the iLiads arrive, we should use the questions and answers thread. And then put an FAQ on the mobilread wiki.

And your right, i cant wait to help many trees survive. Arent i a good samaritan?
Old 07-12-2006, 05:05 AM   #172
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
And your right, i cant wait to help many trees survive. Arent i a good samaritan?
And we all love you for that.
I dated a girl once who was a vegetarian.
Not because she liked animals but she really, really hated plants.

But besides that, isn't there a fund for projects that help to save trees?
Remember reading something about that somewhere.
Maybe Irex can get subsidised by the E.U.
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:20 AM   #173
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
has anyone a ballpark figure how much energy is required to produce an ebook reader?

and there's another point i've been thinking about: Mankind produces too much CO2. Aren't we doing the environment a favour if we stack away huge amounts of carbon hydrates in libraries? I think this is an alternative to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_capture_and_storage .
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:24 AM   #174
tribble
iLiad Maniac

@dher: interesting thought. Never looked at it that way But i suspect, that mostly the burning of fossil fuel is cosing the CO2 surplus. Maybe we should cut back on that.

@high5: Aclick here every day, helps save trees: http://www.therainforestsite.com/
Old 07-12-2006, 06:30 AM   #175
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by High 5
I dated a girl once who was a vegetarian.
Not because she liked animals but she really, really hated plants.
My sister tells that a vegetarian is a person who likes to eat the food still alive, while meat-eaters get it killed before.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:11 AM   #176
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Besides that any UPS tracking changed to "ORIGIN SCAN" ?
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:38 AM   #177
tribble
iLiad Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sischa
Besides that any UPS tracking changed to "ORIGIN SCAN" ?
Dont count on a pickup before 17:00.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:05 AM   #178
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
I just recieved this. I ordered my device June 13th at which point like others they took the cash. My order is #346. - I was hoping it would be shipped tomorrow :-/

One let down after another.

-----Original Message-----
From: iRex Shop account for online shop [mailto:shop@irextechnologies.com]
Sent: 12 July 2006 14:56
To: Stuart Young
Subject: RE: Enquiry from iRex Shop

Dear Sir,

After all the logistic problems, we are ready to ship in about 2-3 days. We will keep you punctually informed.

Concerning the accessories. Yes, we will have sometime soon a cover. The timeline is unknown though.
Regards,
iRex shop
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:16 AM   #179
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
So...

They announced that shipping would start on Wednesday.

We then find out that it will actually be Thursday (through CommanderRoR)

They then tell you 2-3 days.

*worries*
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:19 AM   #180
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
My status changed to "paid, not shipped". Something's moving, at least.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote