Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-03-2015, 08:02 AM   #166
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
THX FOV, but I think you should explain what
"With extended markup " does mean.
(though I have my suspicions after reading the Russian forum).
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:27 AM   #167
didierm
Enthusiast
didierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enough

Device: Boyue T61, 2x Boyue T62D
FYI : a new T62D (test!) firmware is available at http://42.121.0.77/cms/firmware/Test-T62D/2015062909/ .

After removing the Chinese apps, installing XPosed, XPrivacy, AFWall+, FBReader, Google Play Services, etc.... and disabling WiFi, I get - compared to my T61 - quite decent battery life (5 days and counting, with about 1 hour/day reading).
didierm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2015, 10:32 PM   #168
allfriday
allfriday began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+
Hi newbie to this forum.

I've pretty much read through the entire thread. waiting for my T62+ from china.

2 things I'd like to know:

1. For FOV: What is "With standard factory markings" & "With extended markup " What's the difference between the 2? which one should I use for my device?

2. For nhedgehog: what russian forum?
allfriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:06 AM   #169
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi, welcome!
1) FOV has explained that in his link. In reality it is either standard (factory) formatting of internal memory (With standard factory markings) or (for the geeks who are not afraid of anything) a special formatting of the internal memory, resulting in a bigger system and fused data/sdcard partition "With extended markup ".
I would recommend "With standard factory markings".
2) Russian forum.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:29 AM   #170
allfriday
allfriday began at the beginning.

Thanks alot nhedgehog.
allfriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2015, 11:49 AM   #171
Ranomez
Enthusiast
Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wayteq xBook-60fl
FOV could you please explain how you created the extended markup version, I would like to do that for my e-reader?
Also do you think this could make it easier to port CM as I am getting one fail after an other, even trying to zip port it from a Cube tablet with the same CPU only got me as far as the boot logo and the log is full or errors, different errors than the log from my built one but still full or errors?
Ranomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:30 PM   #172
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by didierm View Post
FYI : a new T62D (test!) firmware is available at http://42.121.0.77/cms/firmware/Test-T62D/2015062909/ .

After removing the Chinese apps, installing XPosed, XPrivacy, AFWall+, FBReader, Google Play Services, etc.... and disabling WiFi, I get - compared to my T61 - quite decent battery life (5 days and counting, with about 1 hour/day reading).
How's this new [experimental] version been so far?
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:13 AM   #173
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
Ranomez, updated RkwinTools to version 1.3.5, now fully supports firmware with index "302A". Collected firmware now loaded to the device using RKBatchTool v1.8.

When remapping the memory, you need a PC to flashing the device via USB port!

For relabeling include devices used modified file 'parameter'. For a more detailed analysis, you should download 2 version firmware, disassemble and compare them to identify the differences in the files. Then you will understand - as I did.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Standard memory layout.rar (463 Bytes, 354 views)
File Type: rar Extended memory layout.rar (454 Bytes, 347 views)
File Type: zip init.rk30board.zip (3.0 KB, 547 views)

Last edited by FOV; 07-14-2015 at 09:40 AM.
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:05 AM   #174
didierm
Enthusiast
didierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enoughdidierm will become famous soon enough

Device: Boyue T61, 2x Boyue T62D
Quote:
Originally Posted by hob View Post
How's this new [experimental] version been so far?
Excellent (YMMV!) : stable, and I do get 5-7 days from a full battery load, with 2-4 hours reading (with frontlight) a day.

This is with WiFi disabled, Chinese apps uninstalled, Google Play services enabled, no Greenify, and an upgrade to the standard market FBReader (i.e. not the built-in).
didierm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 07:14 PM   #175
youngm
youngm began at the beginning.

What img can I flash?

Hi I'd like to install FOV's C67 firmware on my Boyue T62+.

On the first post there is a note:
Quote:
Note: You must keep the original kernel. On other words, don't install other devices boot.img & kernel.img.
Does that mean to flash the C67 firmware on my T62+ I should unpack FOV's update.img and then flash only the system.img? Or is the C67 and T62+ similar enough that I should flash the whole update.img using RKBatchTool 1.7?

Last edited by youngm; 07-25-2015 at 02:10 AM.
youngm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:02 PM   #176
youngm

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this.

I installed FOV's firmware using RKBatchTool and it installed great. However, I ran into the same Google login problem tebra did a few pages back. So, I decided to try the Energy rom. Installed that using the same RKBatchTool method. That caused a boot loop. I reinstalled the Boyue firmware then only installed the Energy system.img and that appears to work.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:54 PM   #177
youngm

Turns out my problem with Google login was my 2 step auth. Now I have an awesome eReader! Thanks everyone!
Old 08-04-2015, 04:37 PM   #178
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Onyx Boox C67ML Carta firmware, version 1.7.3, is now available:http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn...23404-1-1.html

I am now in the process of upgrading my C67ML Carta. The major new feature is the ability to install third party apps on your SD card. I don't know if they mean the internal or the external SD card. I'll check it out.

Once I have it working to my satisfaction on my C67ML Carta, I'll install it on my T62+, and tell you how that goes!

Yes, apps get installed to the internal SD card. It's one way around the limited user app space on the C67ML Carta.

Here is a listing of the changes from the Onyx site, roughly translated:

Upgrade:

Neo Reader part:

1. PDF TTS support;
2. epub document, word choice issues offset;
3. highlight after export the content viewed on the computer, highlight position left and right offset problem fixed;
4. exporting comments txt documents? ⒛ chenchang ash brachial sentenced Chen found an insect vinegar leech Shi Guo? br/> 5. Highlight annotations added the underline option, the default underline, you can switch in the settings-screen-marking methods for highlighting;
6. reduce the screen after two finger zoom full brush;

System components:

7. Add APP installed to SD card option, you can choose to install third-party applications available to users with storage partitions;
8. between folders in the built-in storage, and external cards cut and paste problem fixed;
9. long press the cover to adjust the "open with" fix;
10. settlement of the A2 drag does not brush problems, fix A2 drag refresh existing problems;

Last edited by downeaster59; 08-04-2015 at 05:01 PM.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:56 PM   #179
nhedgehog
Guru

Firmware Energy Reader Pro version 5

New OTA Firmware Energy Reader Pro version 5.
Untested. Download at:
update.zip
Old 08-06-2015, 03:48 PM   #180
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
New OTA Firmware Energy Reader Pro version 5.
Untested. Download at:
update.zip
Thanks. I have a T62+ (Pro+/T62D carta) with Pro+ ROM; checked for updates after reading your post and there was a new "version 2.0.0" available. I suppose this would be the download link then:

update.zip (I've just replaced some parts in the link above and don't know about contents of this file)

Downloading the update

Google Translate says it's saying this:

Code:
Changelog: Optimization and improving the battery with the device in use and in suspension.
Improved Shutdown function timer device.
Application Demo mode removed.
Hope this is all true and the device's battery usage rate gets improved.

Last edited by hob; 08-06-2015 at 04:02 PM.
hob is offline   Reply With Quote