Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-11-2020, 09:40 PM   #166
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
This tutorial should make a dedicated section for a hardware jailbreak, since that's the only choice for like the last few major versions.
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:29 AM   #167
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Is that a passive-aggressive way of volunteering to write one? .

(I've never done one myself, so, not going to happen on my end. Best I can is link to one, which is what's already done.).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2020, 01:04 AM   #168
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrisco View Post
This tutorial should make a dedicated section for a hardware jailbreak, since that's the only choice for like the last few major versions.
This thread ;
First post ;
Section: "Jailbreak" ;
First paragraph ;
Second sentence, only link, underline named: "hardware modifications" ;
click it.

There are only two sentences in the first paragraph of the "Jailbreak" section, and only one of them has a link ...
How dedicated do you want it to be? (Hint: We can't do flashing and dancing colors.)

knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:15 PM   #169
Divion
Enthusiast
Divion began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 2
my jailbroken PW2 suddenly updated to 5.12.2 while wifi on, and now my JB is ruined.

No methods can help and waiting for next next next update JB.
Divion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:20 PM   #170
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Did you have a fresh hotfix installed before the update?
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2020, 02:18 PM   #171
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divion View Post
my jailbroken PW2 suddenly updated to 5.12.2 while wifi on, and now my JB is ruined.

No methods can help and waiting for next next next update JB.
Your last chance
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325477
hius07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:06 AM   #172
Skipwire
FFFFx0 User Level
Skipwire began at the beginning.

Device: KW4
Oh great and powerful wizards, I ask, humbly for help.
Looking for a direction to jail brake a KW4 with 5.12.1 firmware
Not previous jail broke.

KindleTool 1.6.5 report:
Couldn't identify device 00 (0x00), trying the new identification scheme...
Platform is Wario or newer [Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018) WiFi (8GB)]
Skipwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:16 AM   #173
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Skipwire: When doing what, exactly?
Old 01-29-2020, 09:58 PM   #174
Skipwire
FFFFx0 User Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Skipwire: When doing what, exactly?
Don't understand the question. Is there KindleTool 1.6.6? If so, where is it? I only have compiled 1.6.5 on Linux.

Thanks for any assistance.
Old 01-30-2020, 12:01 AM   #175
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipwire View Post
Don't understand the question. Is there KindleTool 1.6.6? If so, where is it? I only have compiled 1.6.5 on Linux.
KindleTool isn't used to jailbreak the device. It creates or decompresses update.bin packages for installing on jailbroken Kindles.

If you need to identify the device, check the serial number against the linked Wiki page from the first post.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 05:02 AM   #176
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipwire View Post
Oh great and powerful wizards, I ask, humbly for help.
Looking for a direction to jail brake a KW4 with 5.12.1 firmware
Not previous jail broke.

KindleTool 1.6.5 report:
Couldn't identify device 00 (0x00), trying the new identification scheme...
tl;dr: Unknown device, you can't.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 07:13 AM   #177
Skipwire
FFFFx0 User Level

Thank for the assistance. Previously identified KW4 version G000 PP. Was attempting to go back to an older firmware. Can see this can't be done with my version. Regards to all.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:38 AM   #178
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Skipwire: I meant exactly what I said. i.e.: show me your command line (and, also, some context as to *why* you were trying to do that in the first place, to confirm if it made sense, as others have inferred since).

Because it looks like you're feeding bogus data to the info command. Or are using a tremendously old KindleTool build. I don't do releases, so, don't build a tag, build master.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:18 PM   #179
Skipwire
FFFFx0 User Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Skipwire: I meant exactly what I said. i.e.: show me your command line (and, also, some context as to *why* you were trying to do that in the first place, to confirm if it made sense, as others have inferred since).

Because it looks like you're feeding bogus data to the info command. Or are using a tremendously old KindleTool build. I don't do releases, so, don't build a tag, build master.
(Ubuntu Linux)
Kindletool info <my kindle's serial number>
Old 01-30-2020, 02:23 PM   #180
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Skipwire:

Code:
┌─(niluje@illyria:pts/7)──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────(~/MPLAYER/FBInk)─┐
└─(0.78:38%:20:16:%)── kindletool info G000PPNNNNNNNNNN                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 ──(Thu, Jan 30)─┘
Root PW            fionacdf
Recovery PW        fionacdf8

┌─(niluje@illyria:pts/7)──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────(~/MPLAYER/FBInk)─┐
└─(1.09:37%:20:22:%)── kindletool version                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               ──(Thu, Jan 30)─┘
kindletool (KindleTool) v1.6.5.196-geee8d20 built by portage@illyria on Gentoo with GCC 9.2.0 on Jan 30 2020 @ 01:12:21 against libarchive 3.4.2dev & nettle 3.5.1
TL;DR: You're doing it wrong (which seems unlikely ), or you're using a really old KindleTool build.