Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #166
Dchiplin
deb_oh_canada
Dchiplin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma & Aura One & iPad Mini Retina
I too deinstalled the driver (including deleting the .json file and the resources folder) and installed 1.4.4. Using an iPad Mini on 8.02

Still cascading this error message:

calibre, version 2.5.0
iOS reader applications: Unable to connect to iDevice

Realize this is all a volunteer effort but hoping for either troubleshooting help or confirmation that the driver is just plain broken on iOS8.
Dchiplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #167
mgarman14
mgarman14 began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin iPad Retina
I am still having issues with calibre. i reinstalled everything as you directed, and this is still the error I get.

I am using the latest Marvin, with the 1.4.4 iOS plug in. i recalibrated everything I can think of too, without and improvement. Thanks.

calibre, version 2.5.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 502, in _books
File "/var/folders/_r/q72230xx641_bysr3bj3h6g80000gp/T/calibre_2.5.0_tmp_9cs0Xg/2gs_Ev_ios_local_db/Marvin_overlays.py", line 310, in books
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed
mgarman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #168
mgarman14

also iOS 8.0.2. I have not tried with another device running 8.0
Old 10-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #169
tvs
tvs began at the beginning.

Device: ipad 4 gen
I am also having similar problem running under iOS8.0.2. Tried most things suggested but
still not able to connect iPad to calibre. Tried just deleting reader application resources folder and then reinstall plugin and now get error 'unable to reach the plugin index page'.
http//plugins.calibre-ebook.com/plugins.json.bz2
Seem to be just digging a deeper hole.
tvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #170
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Hi, I'm getting the database disk image is malformed error as well. Here is the

calibre, version 2.5.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

database disk image is malformed

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 532, in _sync_booklists
File "/var/folders/md/mzdd1j7x2tv2g4xx7pqn2kj80000gn/T/calibre_2.5.0_tmp_6yqDxf/K8e6LW_ios_local_db/Marvin_overlays.py", line 1009, in sync_booklists
File "/var/folders/md/mzdd1j7x2tv2g4xx7pqn2kj80000gn/T/calibre_2.5.0_tmp_6yqDxf/K8e6LW_ios_local_db/Marvin_overlays.py", line 2109, in _profile_db
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

When I go to Marvin XD and click on plug in diagnostics, I get this

calibre, version 2.5.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'iOSReaderApp' object has no attribute 'cached_books'

calibre 2.5 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-13.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '13.4.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 13.4.0: Sun Aug 17 19:50:11 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.115.4~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.8
OSX: ('10.9.5', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && eReader PDB 2 PML && Reading List && Marvin XD && iOS reader applications
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 1267, in device_diagnostics
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 944, in _add_device_book_count
AttributeError: 'iOSReaderApp' object has no attribute 'cached_books'

I've tried what you said up above (delete ios and marvin plug in, delete the files from the calibre config/plugin directory, restart calibre, then reinstall the plug ins, all without the ios device plugged in. No luck. Any idea?

I'm running on a mac and running iOS 8.0.2 on my iPad mini. I have the same problem on my iPad as well.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #171
mgarman14

This is another error that I get when i click on Marvin XD and hit "plugin diagnostics"

calibre, version 2.5.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'iOSReaderApp' object has no attribute 'cached_books'

calibre 2.5 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-13.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '13.4.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 13.4.0: Sun Aug 17 19:50:11 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.115.4~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.8
OSX: ('10.9.5', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Inept Epub DeDRM && eReader PDB 2 PML && Marvin XD && Ignoble Epub DeDRM && Find Duplicates && iOS reader applications
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 1267, in device_diagnostics
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 944, in _add_device_book_count
AttributeError: 'iOSReaderApp' object has no attribute 'cached_books'
Old 10-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #172
Dchiplin
deb_oh_canada
Dchiplin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma & Aura One & iPad Mini Retina
Small update - after the clean install, I no longer have a .json file and the resources folder for the driver (which seems odd to me)
Dchiplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:20 PM   #173
stanhere
stanhere began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Retina 4th gen + Marvin v2.8 & Calibre v2.9 on W7 64
Add me to the list! ...... "iOS reader applications: Unable to connect to iDevice" in Calibre v2.5, v2.4 & v2.3 using iOS v1.44 & Marvin v1.24 PlugIns.

Am running Calibre on W7 64 & trying to connect with iPad Retina (4th gen Model A1458) with iOS 8.02

Last SUCCESSFUL connection was with iPad w iOS 7.12 wLastest Marvin & Calibre v2.2.

Have 1) UnInstalled ALL Calibre's PlugIns & 2) Deleted Calibre's Windows 7 PlugIn directory and then 3) ReInstalled & Configured the latest iOS & Marvin PlugIns .........all to no avail:

HOUSTON!!!!! .......... Looks like we have a bug issue with iOS 8.x VERSUS Marvin XD.

Can AnyOne Confirm This?

Last edited by stanhere; 10-04-2014 at 07:23 PM.
stanhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:41 AM   #174
mkalman
mkalman began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I loaded the plugin from the list in Calibre and each time it says it was loaded properly. When I klick on to customize I get a message: No module PyQt4. When I tried to load the app manually from the attached file, all files are greyed out and will not load at al.
mkalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 03:00 AM   #175
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkalman View Post
I loaded the plugin from the list in Calibre and each time it says it was loaded properly. When I klick on to customize I get a message: No module PyQt4. When I tried to load the app manually from the attached file, all files are greyed out and will not load at al.
Read post #165 (on the previous page of this thread). That should help you solve your problem.
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:10 AM   #176
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
From a comment I just posted on a bug report on github:

"I've dug up a Windows 7 installation and can confirm the problem is caused by the libimobiledevice stack and iOS8. It most likely needs a newer version in Calibre itself.

I'm currently installing Visual Studio to try and build a new stack myself and test with that. It's entirely possible, though, that the Windows port used (https://github.com/storoj/libimobiledevice-win32) just doesn't work properly and the "real" libimobiledevice & friends would need to be compiled on Windows but we shall see..."
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:25 AM   #177
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@Philantrop: The libimoiledevice that comes with calibre was built based on the following instructions (that were provided by GRiker) https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...vice_notes.rst
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #178
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Thanks, Kovid, I found that, indeed, and will try to build the stack using those instructions.
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:41 AM   #179
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Note also that it must be built with visual studio 2008 to match the rest of calibre.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:03 AM   #180
mkalman
mkalman began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Smile Thanks that did the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Harper View Post
Read post #165 (on the previous page of this thread). That should help you solve your problem.
Montana, that solved the loading issue. NOW, can I get some advice what to do next to update the Marvin library from the Calibre? I tried to connect to caibre from the app on the iPad and I get the floating little screen saying the connector is ready or to disconnect, but nothing further for quite some time. I want to update my library with five books that are in my calibre library.
mkalman is offline   Reply With Quote