Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-21-2020, 01:52 PM   #1771
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I would be under the impression it is used at least twice a day (by people who use it). It is often referred to as "night mode", so you turn it on at night, and off in the morning (so at least twice a day, I'm not sure if that qualifies as several).*

What I would like are profiles for this purpose: one profile for night mode with light set at 7%, and one profile for day mode with lighting set at 30% (user configurable). The profiles would have to be quickly accessible.

* at least, that is how I use it
It is a good summary of the classic situation and it saves me from doing it with my low level of English : one setting is used for reading during the day (we could called it "day mode") and another for evening at dusk or at bedtime (this is "night mode"). This is my case and that of many users I think.

Last edited by akorx; 04-21-2020 at 03:22 PM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 01:45 PM   #1772
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
In our list of "My Words" (under Menu/Activity/ in my Kobo Forma), I suggest including the entire sentence for each word, since context helps.

A definition (which "My Words" has) is helpful, but context adds to the value, seeing how the author used the word.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2020, 05:43 PM   #1773
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
I understand, but at least a shortcut to invertscreen seems to be essential, no ? because when we really change often this setting in a same day...
Done. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=329525.

Here's the configuration you'll want:

Code:
menu_item:reader:Invert Screen:nickel_setting:invert
menu_item:reader:Toggle Screenshots:nickel_setting:screenshots
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:01 AM   #1774
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Thank you very much Geek1011, I will try it this evening... I hope it will be include in next fw !
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 02:31 AM   #1775
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Can we ask Kobo to revert the change in 4.20.14622 that it no longer honors the read-only flags for custom dictionaries?

Cheers.

Edit: Missing the word "no", thanks @davidfor for the heads up.

Last edited by loyukfai; 05-06-2020 at 12:15 PM.
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2020, 09:37 AM   #1776
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyukfai View Post
Can we ask Kobo to revert the change in 4.20.14622 that it longer honors the read-only flags for custom dictionaries?
You can report problems you see on their devices, or suggestions for changes, via the feedback link on their site.

And, there is at least one word missing in your post. When I first read it, I read it as you wanting them to fix the problem where it doesn't always respect the read-only flag on dictionary files. But, that doesn't scan very well and it almost reads as if you want them to ignore the read-only flag. Which is reverting to behaviour from a few firmware versions ago.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:16 AM   #1777
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
delete post

Last edited by geek1011; 05-06-2020 at 11:48 PM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:40 AM   #1778
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You can report problems you see on their devices, or suggestions for changes, via the feedback link on their site.
Done, but the CS just told me that "unofficial practices" are not supported...

Hopefully there will be a new workaround instead of having to patch the firmware everytime a new version is released......

Cheers.

Last edited by loyukfai; 05-07-2020 at 03:44 AM.
Old 05-07-2020, 03:57 AM   #1779
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyukfai View Post
Done, but the CS just told me that "unofficial practices" are not supported...
True, and I wasn't thinking of that when I made that suggestion.
Quote:
Hopefully there will be a new workaround instead of having to patch the firmware everytime a new version is released......
Any patches being used have to be reapplied each time, adding one isn't much work. Unless it is the only patch.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:28 AM   #1780
loyukfai
Zealot

Probably off-topic... but can I install my translation dict (en-zh) by itself, without renaming it into an existing one (e.g. en-de) so that it won't get overwritten during sync?

Cheers.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:37 PM   #1781
Vanguard3000
Groupie
Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
My big asks for future Kobo firmware are:
-Searchable tags system, which I can add multiple tags for, including series, genre, themes, etc.
-Long-pressing an image to open it in an image viewer, allowing for panning and zooming, which would be great for maps and the like.
I know the second one is available for kepubs, but I use sideloaded epubs.
Vanguard3000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 01:36 PM   #1782
ozgurs
Enthusiast
ozgurs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
* using page buttons to wake up or turn on the book.. Would be great*

* to have much more stats about the read books..

* to have more details about reading speed.. Like 120 words per minute.. Etc...

SM-N9500 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
ozgurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 12:12 AM   #1783
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgurs View Post
* to have much more stats about the read books..
What sort of stats?
Old 05-11-2020, 11:00 AM   #1784
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgurs View Post
* using page buttons to wake up or turn on the book.. Would be great*
Only if I was using the ereader without a cover. Even so, what's the difference between pusing a page turn button and pushing the power button to wake or turn on?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:29 AM   #1785
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Only if I was using the ereader without a cover. Even so, what's the difference between pusing a page turn button and pushing the power button to wake or turn on?
On my Forma, the page turn buttons are easy to push and the power button is hard to push. Response to the power button seems erratic.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo