Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 04:00 AM   #1771
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Brothers and sisters, I have been cured.
The miracle cure is called DRM ...
Way back in 2008 or so I pondered whether or not to buy DRMed ebooks, now that DRM-removal tools were available.

I wanted the books too much.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #1772
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The SpringSave80 Kobo code has broken my resolve
You didn't have to mention the actual code right here. I hadn't been looking at the kobo code thread, and now I've bought my first kobo book of the year. And it looks like there's a 75% code, too...

It's been a relatively expensive month for me, and with a curious lack of new freebies, but it was my birthday earlier this month. Let's pretend that's the reason for the spending. It has all been wishlist material, at least.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #1773
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, the 75% code got me too. Another book from a favourite author. I can't really complain about getting two books I really wanted for less than £1 each...
Old 05-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #1774
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I bought two books using the 80% code. One was released recently and quite expensive but the code brought it down to $2.74. One of my favorite authors. The second was more impulsive from a new-to-me author but only cost $1.32. I have not used the 75% code so I've showed some restraint. So far!
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #1775
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
I can top that. Two-day sale on a trilogy, 75% code, 25 cents total.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #1776
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I got two Georgette Heyer books. One with the 80% code and one with the 75%. Came to a total of $3.99. Not bad.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:49 AM   #1777
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I got two Georgette Heyer books.
She was my downfall last year. I bought all of her books in the August sale at BooksOnBoard. An average of less than $2 each!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #1778
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
She was my downfall last year. I bought all of her books in the August sale at BooksOnBoard. An average of less than $2 each!
I was planning on rounding out my Georgette Heyer collection this year, but alas BoB is no more. There goes another of my best laid plans.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:59 AM   #1779
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Another Kindle daily deal, another purchase. A favourite author has a trilogy reissued (a trilogy I haven't read before), and available in the UK for just £0.99 each.

Even keeping to the rules I think I'm going to be buying more than I intended this year.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:41 PM   #1780
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
And that author/trilogy would be?
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:20 AM   #1781
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
It was Jo Walton's first 3 books, beginning with The King's Peace. Today's UK Daily Deal seems to be fantasy again, but I've resisted this one.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:33 AM   #1782
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
And that author/trilogy would be?
Jo Walton's King's Peace/King's Name/Prize in the Game.

(I've nearly finished organising my ebooks in calibre. Only 333 more to find the source for, out of the 4389 now in my library. Of the 4056 for which I have a source so far, I've bought 2147, and the others are freebies.)
Old 06-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #1783
CGore
CGore began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm an e-book addict. I limit myself to spending $20 a month on them.
CGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:55 AM   #1784
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGore View Post
I'm an e-book addict. I limit myself to spending $20 a month on them.
Good for you!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:53 AM   #1785
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I have all my ebooks in calibre now, including freebies. 4397 ebooks in all, 2168 of them books I've actually paid money for. I've read at least 1618 of the 2168 I've paid for. The other 550 I mostly haven't read, but some may be books I've just forgotten I've read.

Counting freebies, I've read at least 1817 books over the past eleven years, five months. That's about 160 a year, although I've read a bit more than that average over the past three years. Some of that may be books I've read that I've not remembered that I've read.

But this does mean that I have three to four year's of ebooks bought and unread, not the less than two that I thought I had. Wow.

I'm going to have to try to be even more reluctant to buy ebooks for the rest of the year.