Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-17-2017, 07:50 AM   #1711
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Ok Davidfor, I understand... so I will try with the last FW (mine is 3.19.5761) but why can't we find the version 4.2.8432 on the first page of this forum to upgrade 3.19.5761 in 4.2.8432 ? It has not been vaildated ? it needs many steps ?

Last edited by akorx; 02-17-2017 at 07:56 AM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:03 AM   #1712
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Ok Davidfor, I understand... so I will try with the last FW (mine is 3.19.5761) but why can't we find the version 4.2.8432 on the first page of this forum to upgrade 3.19.5761 in 4.2.8432 ? It has not been vaildated ? it needs many steps ?
Because the person who maintained this thread is no longer active. The information has been moved to the Wiki. There is a sticky thread with the links.

But, have you tried syncing? I don't know if Kobo is sending the device to your affiliate and location yet. But if they are, it will just download.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2017, 08:13 AM   #1713
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

You wanna tell this : http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.2.8432.zip ? where is the kobo wiki?
Old 02-17-2017, 08:15 AM   #1714
akorx
Addict

Quote:
You wanna tell this : http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.2.8432.zip ? where is the kobo wiki?
I've found it so I put it here for the other users : https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Firmware_Releases

Can we upgrade directly 3.19.5761 in 4.2.8432 ?

Last edited by akorx; 02-18-2017 at 05:12 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:52 PM   #1715
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Your link is incomplete and won't work. You have found the Wiki, but I told you how to find it: the sticky thread.
Quote:
Can we upgrade directly 3.19.5761 in 4.2.8432 ?
The last firmware released for most of the devices was 3.19.5761. Kobo has now released 4.2.8432 for them. I sure hope so.

In any case, you can upgrade from any released firmware version to any later released firmware version.
Advert
Old 02-18-2017, 04:53 AM   #1716
akorx
Addict

Hi davidfor,

First thank you for your clarification... For a lot of people here, english is not their mother tongue (it's my case) and some words or expressions are sometimes difficult to understand like "sticky" for me. For example, on linux you've got the "sitcky bit" and if you try to translate or understand the word it's not easy, it means nothing !

And sometimes the same word for an australian, an american or a english is used differently... arrrghhhhhhhhhh .

To put it in a nutshell... to be continued !

Thank you again for all your help !

Last edited by akorx; 02-18-2017 at 04:59 AM.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:47 AM   #1717
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@akorx,

Just a friendly suggestion ... if you edit your forum details Location to indicate your first language then some considerate forum members who respond to you will try to be more careful with their words. If you leave it blank everyone is going to assume English is your first language.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:48 AM   #1718
akorx
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@akorx,

Just a friendly suggestion ... if you edit your forum details Location to indicate your first language then some considerate forum members who respond to you will try to be more careful with their words. If you leave it blank everyone is going to assume English is your first language.
You are right, I've just updated my profile !

Last edited by akorx; 02-18-2017 at 08:09 AM.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:33 PM   #1719
slayerwpww
slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.slayerwpww is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Aurad HD has been upgrade to firmware 4.2.8432 (1/24/17). It is working normally.
slayerwpww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:42 PM   #1720
akorx
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerwpww View Post
Aurad HD has been upgrade to firmware 4.2.8432 (1/24/17). It is working normally.
You use nightmode build 13 ?
Old 02-18-2017, 06:10 PM   #1721
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You use nightmode build 13 ?
Do not use that build. It will probably not work. And as far as I have seen, only one person has stated it works with the firmware 4.2.8432. Use the new version that has linked several times.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:48 AM   #1722
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Could one please mention in the FW wiki that one has to install the whole package of FW 4.2.8432, rather than only the single KoboRoot.tgz.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:15 AM   #1723
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Could one please mention in the FW wiki that one has to install the whole package of FW 4.2.8432, rather than only the single KoboRoot.tgz.
I add it to the notes of 4.2.8432.

Everyone can edit the Wiki, so if you think important information or a new FW release need to be added, please add it.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:25 AM   #1724
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Everyone can edit the Wiki, so if you think important information or a new FW release need to be added, please add it.
And that was exactly why I wanted to get this in the wiki as opposed to the forum.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:28 PM   #1725
akorx
Addict

Hi guys,

I've updated my Glo (not HD) on FW 4.2.8432, and it works but :
- the second windows of the dictionnary (when you press "next") takes a very large part of the screen.
- the page is refreshed many times (every 6 pages ??) : the parameter "numPartialUpdatePageTurns=99" in the file ".kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf" is read because I can see "Oh the humanity" on the screen, but it has no effect...
- sometimes, when I turn the page I'm reading, the device is going to sleep mode.
- when I turn on the light, it reaches its maximum power in 3 steps whereas before it was directly in one step.

FW 4.2.8432 seems to bring more bugs than fixes ...

Last edited by akorx; 02-23-2017 at 05:01 AM.