Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-03-2022, 11:44 AM   #151
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
Found and fixed the bug in oscrypto: https://github.com/wbond/oscrypto/pull/61

@DNSB: You were correct, there was a bug in how oscrypto was loading the legacy provider, resulting in it not getting loaded at all.

I'll wait for a couple days and see if the maintainer sees my PR and merges it into a new release - if not, I will include a patched version of oscrypto in my plugin until this is merged.

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 05-03-2022 at 11:57 AM.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 06:16 PM   #152
erigeron
erigeron began at the beginning.

Device: none
Exclamation DeACSM not working on bought .acsm file

Hi, I created the AdobeID, installed and configured the DeACSM Calibre plugin according to the github page and used it on an .acsm file I bought from Thalia.
Calibre told me that it could not use the file. However there were no error messages when I used it on two .acsm files from the Adobe sample library.
Begrudingly I installed and used ADE. After I imported the book through ADE and into Calibre there was no error message when I opened the bought file again.

The file is slightly different:

<fulfillmentToken fulfillmentType="buy" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/adept">
<distributor>urn:uuid:XXX</distributor>
<operatorURL>http://cdp.pageplace.de/fulfillment</operatorURL>
<expiration>XXX</expiration>
<transaction>XXX</transaction>
<resourceItemInfo>
<resource>urn:uuid:XXX</resource>
<resourceItem>0</resourceItem>
<metadata>
<dc:title xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">Harumi's Japanese Kitchen</dc:title>
<dc:format xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">application/epub+zip</dc:format>
<dc:identifier xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">urn:uuid:XXX</dc:identifier>
</metadata>
<src>http://cdp.pageplace.de/rcdp/files/adrm/XXX/XXX.epub</src>
<downloadType>simple</downloadType>
</resourceItemInfo>
<hmac>XXX/XXX=</hmac>
</fulfillmentToken>

instead of

<fulfillmentToken fulfillmentType="free" auth="user" xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/adept">
<distributor>urn:uuid:XXX</distributor>
<operatorURL>https://contentserver.adobe.com/fulfillment</operatorURL>
<transaction>XXX</transaction>
<expiration>XXX</expiration>
<resourceItemInfo>
<resourceItem>1</resourceItem>
<metadata>
<dc:title xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">The Goodbye Summer</dc:title>
<dc:creator xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">Patricia Gaffney</dc:creator>
<dc:format xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">application/pdf</dc:format>
</metadata>
<licenseToken>
<permissions>
<display/>
<excerpt/>
<print/>
<play/>
</permissions>
</licenseToken>
</resourceItemInfo>
<hmac>XXX=</hmac>
</fulfillmentToken>

If necessary I will install Calibre plus plugins on another computer should you need more information, but maybe I simply used the plugin for a use caseI was not designed to do.
I could not find any more information and did not want to open a possibly entirely unnecessary ticket on github. The probably unique and/or identifying parts were replaced with XXX.
erigeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2022, 04:40 AM   #153
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your message.

If I'm understanding this correctly you have opened the ACSM file in Adobe, and when you now open it again in Calibre with my plugin, it works?

The best case for non-working ACSM files is to create a debug log in Calibre (Preferences -> Restart in debug mode), then try to open the ACSM, and then send me the resulting debug log file. But now that Calibre successfully opens the ACSM file, that's no longer possible. Looks like only the initial fulfillment of the book didn't work through my plugin, but future fulfillments (which work a bit differently) do work.

I doubt there's much I can do about that now - if you encounter a book like that again, please do not try to download it through ADE, and instead create a debug log through the plugin and send that to me.

EDIT: Okay, I just wasted €3.99 and bought that book myself - that looks like it's a temporary issue on Thalia's server. I added the ACSM to calibre and it didn't work 1st try (the server responded with 403), but it did work the 2nd time and all I did was add some more debug logs. Then I tried it a couple more times and sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. I'm assuming Thalia just has some issues with their servers right now, and that your 2nd attempt with ADE just happened to work. Or maybe ADE has some code to automatically retry on error.

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 05-08-2022 at 04:55 AM.
Old 05-09-2022, 08:04 AM   #154
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I'm getting a "No plugin to handle input format: acsm" error. This is the first time I've used the plugin, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm still pretty new to linux and this is a brand new, fresh install of it. So, again, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

This particular error is for a library book, but I tried it with a sample from the link you provided in your OP to the Adobe sample library. All I did was download the acsm file from the library, did an Add Books > Add Books from a Single Folder in Calibre and then tried to View the book in the Calibre E-book Viewer. When it didn't work, I uninstalled the plugin, restarted Calibre, installed the plugin, restarted Calibre again, and went to Preferences > Plugins > File Type > and confirmed that it was configured to use my imported Adobe credentials. I deleted and re-added the books and, when I tried viewing them, got the same error.

Here's the error when trying to view the library book in Calibre:

Code:
calibre, version 5.42.0
ERROR: Loading book failed: Failed to open the book at /home/dave/Calibre Library/Unknown/NettleBone 9781250244031 5969856 (1483)/NettleBone 9781250244031 5969856 - Unknown.acsm. Click "Show details" for more info.

Failed to convert book: /home/dave/Calibre Library/Unknown/NettleBone 9781250244031 5969856 (1483)/NettleBone 9781250244031 5969856 - Unknown.acsm with error:
DeACSM v0.0.15: Trying to parse file NettleBone 9781250244031 5969856 - Unknown.acsm
DeACSM v0.0.15: Try to fulfill ...
Failed to run pipe worker with command: from calibre.srv.render_book import viewer_main; viewer_main()
Running file type plugin DeACSM failed with traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre/customize/ui.py", line 175, in _run_filetype_plugins
  File "calibre_plugins.deacsm.__init__", line 378, in run
    success, replyData = fulfill(path_to_ebook, deacsmprefs["notify_fulfillment"])
  File "calibre_plugins.deacsm.libadobeFulfill", line 348, in fulfill
    signature = sign_node(fulfill_request_xml)
  File "calibre_plugins.deacsm.libadobe", line 418, in sign_node
    my_priv_key, _, _ = keys.parse_pkcs12(my_pkcs12, base64.b64encode(devkey_bytes))
  File "/home/dave/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/asymmetric.py", line 774, in parse_pkcs12
    return _parse_pkcs12(data, password, load_private_key)
  File "/home/dave/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_asymmetric.py", line 853, in _parse_pkcs12
    raise ValueError('Password provided is invalid')
ValueError: Password provided is invalid
  File "runpy.py", line 194, in _run_module_as_main
  File "runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
  File "site.py", line 45, in <module>
  File "site.py", line 41, in main
  File "calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 196, in main
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "calibre/srv/render_book.py", line 823, in viewer_main
  File "calibre/srv/render_book.py", line 814, in render_for_viewer
  File "calibre/srv/render_book.py", line 791, in render
  File "calibre/ebooks/oeb/iterator/book.py", line 53, in extract_book
  File "calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 755, in __init__
ValueError: No plugin to handle input format: acsm
and here's the same for the Adobe sample library book:

Code:
calibre, version 5.42.0
ERROR: Loading book failed: Failed to open the book at /home/dave/Calibre Library/Unknown/URLLink (1484)/URLLink - Unknown.acsm. Click "Show details" for more info.

Failed to convert book: /home/dave/Calibre Library/Unknown/URLLink (1484)/URLLink - Unknown.acsm with error:
DeACSM v0.0.15: Trying to parse file URLLink - Unknown.acsm
Failed to run pipe worker with command: from calibre.srv.render_book import viewer_main; viewer_main()
    my_priv_key, _, _ = keys.parse_pkcs12(my_pkcs12, base64.b64encode(devkey_bytes))
  File "/home/dave/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/asymmetric.py", line 774, in parse_pkcs12
  File "/home/dave/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_asymmetric.py", line 853, in _parse_pkcs12
  File "runpy.py", line 194, in _run_module_as_main
  File "runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
  File "site.py", line 45, in <module>
  File "site.py", line 41, in main
  File "calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 196, in main
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "calibre/srv/render_book.py", line 823, in viewer_main
  File "calibre/srv/render_book.py", line 814, in render_for_viewer
  File "calibre/srv/render_book.py", line 791, in render
  File "calibre/ebooks/oeb/iterator/book.py", line 53, in extract_book
  File "calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 755, in __init__
ValueError: No plugin to handle input format: acsm
and here's the terminal output for adding and trying to view the book with Calibre in debug mode:

Code:
[dave@fedora ~]$ calibre-debug -g
calibre 5.42  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Linux-5.17.5-200.fc35.x86_64-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '5.17.5-200.fc35.x86_64', '#1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Apr 28 15:41:41 UTC 2022')
Python 3.8.5
Interface language: None
DEBUG:    0.0 GetFileName::__init__.py - loading translations
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 15) && DeDRM (10, 0, 2) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 4) && GetFileName (0, 1, 1) && Goodreads (1, 5, 3) && Kobo Utilities (2, 15, 1) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 5, 4) && Modify ePub (1, 7, 3) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && ScrambleEbook (0, 4, 5)
Disabling Qt WebEngine sandbox as version of glibc on this system will break it
Not controlling automatic hidpi scaling
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 109.0 x 109.0
physicalDpi: 109.21999999999998 x 110.83636363636363
Using calibre Qt style: True
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.00] Initializing db...
[0.03] db initialized
[0.03] Constructing main UI...
DEBUG:    0.0 Kobo Utilities Configuration - CreateNewCustomColumn is supported
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboUtilites::dialogs.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.4 No Kobo Touch, Glo or Mini appears to be connected
DEBUG:    0.4 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=None, self.supports_tiles=None
DEBUG:    0.4 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG:    0.4 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Driver: KoboTouchExtended'
[0.52] main UI initialized...
[0.52] Started up in 0.52 seconds with 657 books
Starting QuickView
['kdialog', '--title', 'Select books', '--desktopfile', 'calibre-gui', '--attach', '35651596', '--multiple', '--separate-output', '--getopenfilename', '/home/dave/Downloads', 'Books (*.lrf *.rtf *.lit *.txt *.txtz *.text *.htm *.xhtm *.html *.htmlz *.xhtml *.pdf *.pdb *.updb *.pdr *.prc *.mobi *.azw *.doc *.epub *.fb2 *.fbz *.djv *.djvu *.lrx *.cbr *.cb7 *.cbz *.cbc *.oebzip *.rb *.imp *.odt *.chm *.tpz *.azw1 *.pml *.pmlz *.mbp *.tan *.snb *.xps *.oxps *.azw4 *.book *.zbf *.pobi *.docx *.docm *.md *.textile *.markdown *.ibook *.ibooks *.iba *.azw3 *.ps *.kepub *.kfx *.kpf *.acsm)\nEPUB books (*.epub *.kepub)\nKindle books (*.mobi *.prc *.azw *.azw3 *.kfx *.tpz *.azw1 *.azw4)\nPDF books (*.pdf *.azw4)\nHTML books (*.htm *.html *.xhtm *.xhtml)\nLIT books (*.lit)\nText books (*.txt *.text *.rtf *.md *.markdown *.textile *.txtz)\nComics (*.cbz *.cbr *.cbc)\nArchives (*.zip *.rar)\nWordprocessor files (*.odt *.doc *.docx)\nAll files (*)']
DeACSM v0.0.15: Trying to parse file NettleBone_9781250244031_5969856.acsm
Running file type plugin GetFileName failed with traceback:
  File "calibre_plugins.getfilename.__init__", line 108, in run
    json.dump (dictio_aux, file)
  File "json/__init__.py", line 180, in dump
TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'
Prefs:  {'SchemaVersion': '0.3', 'configured': True, 'date_col': '#origfiledate', 'ext_col': '', 'nom_col': '#origfilename', 'opc_name': 'path', 'path_col': ''}
Prefs:  {'SchemaVersion': '0.3', 'configured': True, 'date_col': '#origfiledate', 'ext_col': '', 'nom_col': '#origfilename', 'opc_name': 'path', 'path_col': ''}
DEBUG:   17.4 Lineas:  []
DEBUG:   17.4 File:  /home/dave/Downloads/NettleBone_9781250244031_5969856.acsm  - Format:  acsm
DEBUG:   17.4 Fich ori:  /home/dave/Downloads/NettleBone_9781250244031_5969856.acsm
DEBUG:   17.4 Ori:  /home/dave/Downloads/NettleBone_9781250244031_5969856.acsm
DEBUG:   17.4 File:  /home/dave/Downloads/NettleBone_9781250244031_5969856.acsm
DEBUG:   17.4 Updating column  #origfilename for book id:  1485  with value:  /home/dave/Downloads/NettleBone_9781250244031_5969856.acsm
DEBUG:   17.4 Updating column  #origfiledate for book id:  1485  with value:  2022-05-09 11:18:21.531463
Added NettleBone 9781250244031 5969856 to db in: 0.0
Added 1 books in 0.3 seconds
Worker Launch took: 0.00 seconds
Disabling Qt WebEngine sandbox as version of glibc on this system will break it
Sandboxing disabled by user.
[dave@fedora ~]$
Also, since Calibre complained a bit about the glibc version in its console output, I checked my version and it's fully up-to-date:

Code:
Package glibc-2.34-32.fc35.x86_64 is already installed.
Package glibc-2.34-32.fc35.i686 is already installed.
Here's my system information:

Operating System: Fedora Linux 35
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.91.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.17.5-200.fc35.x86_64 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 12 × AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
Memory: 15.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT

Last edited by enuddleyarbl; 05-09-2022 at 08:12 AM. Reason: added glibc information
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 08:13 AM   #155
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Thanks for your message.

The error message "No plugin to handle acsm" is because the plugin crashed during execution for some reason, and apparently Calibre thinks that's the same as no plugin being present.

Now the question is, why does it crash..

The log you posted states that the plugin was unable to decrypt the user certificate using the adobe device key - which is something I've never seen before, unless I was manually messing with stuff.

When you go into the plugin settings, does it correctly state "Authorized with ADE ID xxx@example.com on device xxx emulating ADE xxx"? Or does it say anything about a corrupted authorization?

You said it's configured to use "the imported Adobe credentials" - did you click "Link to ADE account" and entered your Adobe credentials, or did you click "Import activation from ADE" and imported an existing activation from ADE (running through Wine)? Or did you import a ZIP file from another Calibre installation?

Fedora 35 does not yet have OpenSSL3, so it's not the same bug / similar bug as in Ubuntu 22.04...

Can you try clicking on "Export account activation data", save the resulting ZIP file somewhere, open it, and check if there's a file "devicesalt" with a size of 16 bytes in there?

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 05-09-2022 at 08:26 AM.
Advert
Old 05-09-2022, 12:25 PM   #156
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes. The plugin settings say:

"Authorized with ADE ID (AdobeID) myemail.com on device WIN11-..., emulating ADE 2.0.1 (9.3.58046)."

There's nothing about corruption. I don't remember precisely how I authorized this. But, I'm pretty sure that when I was still on Windows, I had the plugin import my existing ADE activation (all native at the time). I then exported and saved the activation data to a file ("adobe_account_backup_uuid_xxxx.zip"). When I got things up and running in Linux (with Kovid's official linux install command line), I imported that zip file (and there is a 16 byte devicesalt file in there).

I exported the plugin's current activation and that zip file also has a 16 byte devicesalt file.

Is there a DeACSM configuration file in the file system somewhere that I can delete and try re-importing the activation?
Old 05-09-2022, 12:29 PM   #157
enuddleyarbl
Guru

In my Fedora install, under ~/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/Account, there's what appears to be the same stuff that's in those zip files (with a 16 byte devicesalt). The permissions even look good in saying that I'm ("ME") the owner.
Old 05-09-2022, 01:28 PM   #158
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Yeah, the account files are the same ones that are in the ZIP file. Deleting these (and the "modules" folder, and the "deacsm.json") will get the plugin back into a blank state.

The device name being "WIN11-" I'm assuming you ran ADE on Windows 11? Did you try if Calibre on Windows 11 was able to download books with the imported activation, or did you immediately export it to a ZIP from the Windows Calibre and imported it into Linux?

I have not yet tested my plugin on Windows 11, so it's possible that Microsoft changed something that breaks ADE credential extracting. I'm going to spin up a Windows 11 VM and make a couple tests.

What you could do, if you don't mind using an additional activation on your AdobeID, would be to deauthorize the plugin (either delete the three account files or press Ctrl+Shift+D in the plugin settings) and then try to make a "native" authorization right from Calibre. If that works, then it's probably Windows-11-related.

If you feel comfortable with that, you could also send me that ZIP file in a private message for me to take a closer look (just don't post it here publicly because it will give people access to your AdobeID), maybe I can see something weird in there. But you don't have to do that, I'd understand if you don't want to share that with a stranger.

Or you wait until I tested this in a Windows 11 VM, maybe I'll figure something out.

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 05-09-2022 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-09-2022, 01:38 PM   #159
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For what it's worth, my normal calibre install is on Windows 11 Pro (version 21H2, build 22000.613) and the DeACSM plugin works happily. I've also run it under a VM with the preview version of Windows 11 Pro (22H2, build 22616.100) without seeing any issues.

Last edited by DNSB; 05-09-2022 at 01:41 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 01:41 PM   #160
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Is that with an authorization that was "created" by my plugin, or by importing it from an existing ADE install? I don't expect there to be any differences for authorizations by the plugin, but maybe ADE is doing something funky on Windows 11, or Windows 11 changed how they're obfuscating these keys, as in theory they're only supposed to be read by the application that stored them (= ADE), not external tools like Calibre.

EDIT: Okay, I've set up a Windows 11 VM, installed ADE, authorized it, installed Calibre, imported the authorization, and was able to download a book through Calibre ...

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 05-09-2022 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-09-2022, 03:25 PM   #161
enuddleyarbl
Guru

Hold off on doing anything more with my problem. I noticed other things with other programs. I might have permissions issues. I have no idea how I managed that since I haven't even used chmod on this installation. But, I'm assuming that's causing problems and I've got to figure out how to fix it (or whether I should just reinstall).

I'll let you know what happens.

Last edited by enuddleyarbl; 05-09-2022 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-09-2022, 08:35 PM   #162
enuddleyarbl
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
Hold off on doing anything more with my problem. I noticed other things with other programs. I might have permissions issues. I have no idea how I managed that since I haven't even used chmod on this installation. But, I'm assuming that's causing problems and I've got to figure out how to fix it (or whether I should just reinstall).

I'll let you know what happens.
I guess it's not a permissions problem OR a problem with the plugin. I put together a Windows 10 VM, loaded up ADE 2.0 and imported my saved registry key with it's registration data. When I tried importing that sample book, it popped up an error dialog saying:

"Error! Check Activation"

I have no idea what that means, but it looks like it's a problem between me and Adobe. Not with the plugin or Linux.

Sorry for the false alarm.
Old 05-09-2022, 10:27 PM   #163
enuddleyarbl
Guru

Fixed it. That ADE message of "Error! Check Activation" meant Adobe didn't like my activation any more. So, I had to go into ADE, remove it, and re-authorize (same kind (Adobe) of authorization and same Adobe ID (i.e., username for their site)). Once I did that, I ran into another error (which I can't find anymore) that meant to check that my clock and the source documents data/time stamp were in sync. When I went back to that sample site, it was in a foreign language, so I changed it to an english site and redownoaded. That file authorized just fine in ADE. Once I did that, I exported my Adobe Adept key from the Windows registry for safe keeping.

Then I had to install Calibre, DeDRM and DeACSM over in that Windows VM, import the ADE keys from the installation there, and export them. Once I confirmed I could Add an acsm file in that version of Calibre, I copied those exported keys over to Linux.

In the Linux side of Calibre, I uninstalled DeACSM, went to ~/.config and removed all trace of it from the calibre folder. I re-installed the plugin and imported the new, exported keys into both of the plugins. I Added a different acsm file and that worked too. Yay!

Sorry to be so long-winded. But, I figured all those details might help someone down the line.
Old 05-10-2022, 12:39 PM   #164
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leseratte_10 View Post
Is that with an authorization that was "created" by my plugin, or by importing it from an existing ADE install? I don't expect there to be any differences for authorizations by the plugin, but maybe ADE is doing something funky on Windows 11, or Windows 11 changed how they're obfuscating these keys, as in theory they're only supposed to be read by the application that stored them (= ADE), not external tools like Calibre.
The physical machine inherited from the existing ADE install which was prior to the Windows 11 update. The VM authorization was created by DeACSM, mostly out of curiosity as to whether it would work without an existing ADE install.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 01:34 PM   #165
enuddleyarbl
Guru

When I was trying to figure out what had gone wrong with this ADE process, I ran across the following list of ADE errors:

https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-edit...-editions.html

Of course, it's not complete since the error I originally got from it ("Error! Check Activation") isn't in it. But, I'm wondering if it's Adobe's activation servers throwing those errors or if it's just ADE. If it's the servers, can the plugin try catching them and passing the actual problem on to the user? Just wondering.