Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-23-2022, 07:08 PM   #151
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Flipping the uninstall switch in the settings will immediately self-destruct all the things, as well as archive your current config, no need to resort to anything more drastic .

(On that device, you don't even need to reboot, although I'd still recommend doing that ASAP after a uninstall ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 07:34 PM   #152
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Flipping the uninstall switch in the settings will immediately self-destruct all the things, as well as archive your current config, no need to resort to anything more drastic .

(On that device, you don't even need to reboot, although I'd still recommend doing that ASAP after a uninstall ).
Thank you very much as always

Edit: I uninstalled nanoclock and now my Libra 2 boots and reboots fine. I hope nanoclock gets fixed. I really like that utility.

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 01-23-2022 at 08:37 PM.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2022, 11:04 AM   #153
albare
Connoisseur
albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kobo h2o
Thanks!!!!
Is working again in Kobo Sage.

Enviado desde mi SM-A705FN mediante Tapatalk
albare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:51 PM   #154
Steven Karp
Enthusiast
Steven Karp began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10 Tablet / Calibre or Nexus 9 / Moon+
Quote:
Barring that, it's probably much faster to just play with the `fbink` binary in an SSH shell. (Or not, since, you know, requires a shell ;p).
Yeah, I keep my device as close to factory as I can stand. In fact, now that I think about it, nanoclock is the only deviation currently installed.

As for the font question, I bit the bullet and looked into the TrueType side of things, since those fonts I can easily preview on the computer. Wound up going with Fontin-Regular. Doesn't match anything else on the device, but that may actually be a good thing: the different font means my brain can easily file the clock as "not part of the book, ostracize it" while I'm reading.
Steven Karp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 12:28 AM   #155
poczynek
Zealot
poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Forma
I had to factory reset my Forma. Even after I did this and there is no Nanoclock folder it is still showing up flashing occasionally?

I then tried installing nanoclock again and then using 'uninstall' in the config file however even after this (and turning off and on) it still flashes up occasionally.

How can i uninstall?
poczynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2022, 11:07 AM   #156
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Depending on which kind of factory reset you did, it might not have any any effect on this, except possibly breaking the uninstall ;p.

Either re-install it sanely, and then uninstall it sanely; or do a *full* (manual) factory reset.
Old 02-07-2022, 02:27 AM   #157
poczynek
Zealot
poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Quote:
Depending on which kind of factory reset you did, it might not have any any effect on this, except possibly breaking the uninstall ;p.

Either re-install it sanely, and then uninstall it sanely; or do a *full* (manual) factory reset.
Yes so I installed it again. Then uninstalled it. And voila - it is gone!

However i then re-installed it - because i love using it but didn't want it to flash my adjusted bookerly fonted one with the default one. And it has flashed again! So it is now showing my one i set up plus the default one!

I can only think it's something in my config file attached?
Attached Files
File Type: txt nanoclock.txt (7.8 KB, 66 views)
Old 02-07-2022, 07:49 AM   #158
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Define "flash"?
Old 02-07-2022, 03:59 PM   #159
poczynek
Zealot

Quote:
Define "flash"?
Ok so the one i changed via the config file to show top left in bookerly is all good. But then if i press on a page i get that one - excellent - but also the default one as well. See photo attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220207_205813568.MP.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	192205  
Old 02-07-2022, 05:19 PM   #160
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Oh, right, you'll just need a full page refresh to get rid of the remnants of the old layout if it happened to take more space .

(Switching to/from the Settings page should do the trick ).
Old 02-07-2022, 05:20 PM   #161
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by poczynek View Post
Ok so the one i changed via the config file to show top left in bookerly is all good. But then if i press on a page i get that one - excellent - but also the default one as well. See photo attached.
Australia? Or somewhere else that is tomorrow afternoon? Good luck getting it sorted.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 05:22 PM   #162
poczynek
Zealot

Quote:
Oh, right, you'll just need a full page refresh to get rid of the remnants of the old layout if it happened to take more space .

(Switching to/from the Settings page should do the trick ).
Yes it comes up if i press the screen and then only once. However it will happen each time if only until i turn the page in a book for instance. It's no big deal really just a bit weird why it's happening.
Old 02-07-2022, 05:22 PM   #163
poczynek
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
Australia? Or somewhere else that is tomorrow afternoon? Good luck getting it sorted.
Yes in Sydney! Morning here at the moment. Currently raining.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:18 PM   #164
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Wait, you mean to say that it's showing *both* on *every* refresh, not just the first one after updating the config?
Old 02-08-2022, 01:47 AM   #165
poczynek
Zealot

Quote:
Wait, you mean to say that it's showing *both* on *every* refresh, not just the first one after updating the config?
Yes so the first time i press the screen to refresh it comes up once with both.

Then on reading a book the very first time i start reading on the first page it comes up both and then after that it is only once and all ok.

Tags
clock, fbink, lua, miniclock, nanoclock