Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-02-2017, 10:14 AM   #151
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
Oh, come on, everyone knows the brain that wouldn't die is the stand out film there
For me it was a tough choice between JESSE JAMES MEETS FRANKENSTEIN'S DAUGHTER and INVASION OF THE BEE GIRLS. So many treasures!
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:33 AM   #152
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
For me it was a tough choice between JESSE JAMES MEETS FRANKENSTEIN'S DAUGHTER and INVASION OF THE BEE GIRLS. So many treasures!
Well, don't cross-post the plot of INVASION OF THE BEE GIRLS in the PC thread
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2017, 11:22 AM   #153
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another Richard Laymon sale. I wonder if they are just slowly lowering the price of all his books? The old ones I posted still seem to be cheap.

Savage is $0.99: Whitechapel, November 1888: Jack the Ripper is committing his last known murder and beneath the bed on which he's butchering his victim cowers a fifteen-year-old boy. So begin the adventures of Trevor Bentley: a boy who embarked on an errand of mercy and ended up on a quest for vengeance, a boy who will bring the horrors of the Ripper to the New World.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 11-02-2017 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #154
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Maynard and Sims have a few books on sale at Amazon. I have several of these in paperback from the old Leisure book club. But I haven't read any of them yet.

Demon Eyes is $1.49: Girl goes to party at a secluded mansion. Kooky things happen.

Black Cathedral is $0.99: At an old manor house on a remote Scottish island, six managers of a large corporation arrive for a week-long stay. Within days they will all suffer horrifying deaths and their bodies will never be found. The government assigns the case to Department 18, the special unit created to investigate the supernatural and the paranormal.

Night Souls is $0.99: Department 18 takes on the Breathers, the species of psychic-sexual vampires from Demon Eyes, and gets caught between warring factions—one wants to coexist peacefully with humans and the other wants only to feed off them until humanity is wiped out.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:35 AM   #155
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

A couple more Scott Nicholson books are on sale. These are a series. I guess you can't avoid that now.

Liquid Fear is $1.49: When Roland Doyle wakes up in an unfamiliar motel room with a strange man’s wallet in his pocket and a woman’s dead body in the bathroom, he fears the worst…and that’s before he finds the vial of pills labeled "take one every 4 hrs or else." Or else what?

Chronic Fear is $0.99: It's a sequel to Liquid Fear.
Advert
Old 11-02-2017, 01:45 PM   #156
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Let's make it easy. I'll read Charnel House when I finish 12 Hours of Halloween.

Fun fact: Charnel House and The Manitou both appear to deal with a Native American haunting in the City By the Bay, being investigated by a disparate group that includes a shaman.

Fun fact 2: I now have two horror novels titled Charnel House.

Let me know (via PM) when you start and I'll start reading my copy of "Charnel House" (Masterson), as well.

We can compare notes, if you're interested.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:54 PM   #157
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdt View Post
$0.99 for 50 Movie Mad Scientist Collection (Digital Download) from Mill Creek Entertainment. They have apps on Roku, Fire TV and Apple TV. I bought this and installed & activated their channel on Roku and the films are now available for me to watch. However, the Roku app doesn't have a specific section for your account. You'll need to find the set in the 50 films set section and when you choose that set, the films will be available to watch.
NOTE: Before buying, you must first create a Mill Creek account and be sure you are logged in. Also, you can stream from their website but can't download the films. Quality is SD and admittedly it's not the greatest collection of films.

https://watch.millcreekent.com/produ...ie-collection?

Titles included:
THE AMAZING TRANSPARENT MAN (1960) 57 min.
THE APE (1940) 62 min.
THE APE MAN (1943) 64 min.
ATOM AGE VAMPIRE (1960) 87 min.
THE ATOMIC BRAIN (1963) 65 min.
THE BLOODSUCKERS (1967) 88 min.
THE BOYS FROM BROOKLYN (1952) 74 min.
THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE (1962) 82 min.
THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI (1920) 67 min.
THE CORPSE VANISHES (1942) 64 min.
COUNTERBLAST (1948) 90 min.
CRIMSON (1973) 93 min.
DEAD MEN WALK (1943) 64 min.
DEATH WARMED UP (1984) 85 min.
THE DEVIL BAT (1940) 64 min.
DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE (1920) 67 min.
DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT (1973) 89 min.
THE DRUMS OF JEOPARDY (1931) 75 min.
EMBRYO (1976) 104 min.
FRANKENSTEIN '80 (1972) 85 min.
FROZEN ALIVE (1964) 75 min.
THE HEAD (1959) 97 min.
HORROR EXPRESS (1972) 90 min.
HOUSE OF THE LIVING DEAD (1974) 87 min.
I EAT YOUR SKIN (1971) 84 min.
INVASION OF THE BEE GIRLS (1973) 86 min.
THE KILLER SHREWS (1959) 69 min.
JESSE JAMES MEETS FRANKENSTEIN'S DAUGHTER (1966) 88 min.
KING OF THE ZOMBIES (1941) 67 min.
KONG ISLAND (1968) 85 min.
LADY FRANKENSTEIN (1971) 84 min.
THE LUCIFER COMPLEX (1978) 91 min.
THE MAD MONSTER (1942) 76 min.
MAN IN THE ATTIC (1953) 82 min.
MANIAC (1934) 51 min.
THE MANSTER (1959) 72 min.
MESA OF LOST WOMEN (1953) 69 min.
METAMORPHOSIS (1990) 90 min.
METROPOLIS (1927) 119 min.
THE MONSTER MAKER (1944) 64 min.
NIGHTMARE CASTLE (1965) 96 min.
PANIC (1982) 90 min.
THE PHANTOM CREEPS (1939) 78 min.
THE PHANTOM FROM 10,000 LEAGUES (1955) 81 min.
THE REVENGE OF DOCTOR X (1970) 94 min.
SHADOW OF CHINATOWN (1936) 65 min.
SON OF INGAGI (1940) 61 min.
TEENAGE ZOMBIES (1960) 73 min.
TORTURE SHIP (1939) 57 min.
THE WASP WOMAN (1959) 73 min.

Aren't these all available from YouTube for free - download or watch?
Old 11-02-2017, 04:25 PM   #158
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Let me know (via PM) when you start and I'll start reading my copy of "Charnel House" (Masterson), as well.

We can compare notes, if you're interested.
Sounds good to me. I'm slogging my way through 12 Hours of Halloween. 70% finished. The problem is, it isn't very good.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:21 AM   #159
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Clifford Simak's All Flesh Is Grass is $1.99 at Amazon: Nothing much ever happens in Millville, a small, secluded Middle-American community—until the day Brad Carter discovers he is unable to leave. It’s not just the nearly bankrupt real estate agent who’s being held prisoner; every other resident is also being confined within the town’s boundaries by an invisible force field that cannot be breached. As local tensions rapidly reach breaking point, a set of bizarre circumstances leads Brad to the source of their captivity, making him humanity’s reluctant ambassador to an alien race of sentient flora, and privy to these jailers’ ultimate intentions. But some of Millville’s most powerful citizens don’t take kindly to Carter’s “collaboration with the enemy,” even under the sudden threat of global apocalypse.

Decades before Stephen King trapped an entire town in Under the Dome, science fiction Grand Master Clifford D. Simak explored the shocking effects of communal captivity on an unsuspecting population. Nominated for the Nebula Award, All Flesh Is Grass is a riveting masterwork that brilliantly reinvents the alien invasion story.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:04 AM   #160
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I loved Clifford D. Simak's sci-fi when I was a teen. I could identify with his small-town quiet settings. His characters were everyday regualr people and actually spoke English. (Well, OK: country English)

When I joined the Science Fiction Book Club, I bought all the Simak, Asimov, Clarke, Biggle Jr., and MORE whenever the urge struck me - which was quiet often.

I loved getting their monthly 'booklet' on new releases.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:09 AM   #161
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
As I was reading the first paragraph of your description of Simak's All Flesh is Grass, I thought to myself: Stephen King ripped off Clifford Simak.

Simak was one of the old SF Masters. I have read a lot of his books but I don't remember this one. Thanks for pointing it out.
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:13 AM   #162
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

^ Here is the cover I have from my SFBC edition, which (I think) is also the cover for the First Edition.

As well, here's an early paperback that I used to have. I loved the way the pages turned. -- Those were the days!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AllFleshIsGrass1.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	159830   Click image for larger version

Name:	AllFleshIsGrass2.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	159831  
Old 11-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #163
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Speaking of '70's blockbuster books that became blockbuster movies, Peter Benchley's Jaws is also $1.99.

I haven't read the book myself, but from what I hear it is one of the rare cases of the movie being better than the book.
I disagree. I really enjoyed the book!
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:00 PM   #164
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
X-link to the DRM-free thread for a new StoryBundle:

The Aurora Award Bundle 3 curated by Douglas Smith contains a selection of Canadian award-nominated works across various sfnal subgenres. There are 3 definite horror-ish titles in it, with novels by Edo van Belkom (2003 Kensington Pinnacle backlist) and David Nickle (2001 from small press ChiZine), plus an anthology of vampire stories edited by Nancy Kilpatrick. There's also a futuristic serial killer thriller from Hayden Trenholm, if you're interested.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:37 PM   #165
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

2 Fritz Lieber horror novels are on sale:

Conjure Wife is $3.82 at Amazon - What if half the world’s population—the female half—practiced witchcraft and kept it a secret from men?

Originally published in 1953, Conjure Wife is considered a modern classic of horror-fantasy and has been adapted for film three times: Burn, Witch Burn (1962), Weird Woman (1944), and Witch’s Brew (1980).

Our Lady of Darkness is $3.82 at Amazon - Our Lady of Darkness introduces San Francisco horror writer Franz Westen. While studying his beloved city through binoculars from his apartment window, he is astonished to see a mysterious figure waving at him from a hilltop two miles away. He walks to Corona Heights and looks back at his building to discover the figure waving at him from his apartment window—and to find himself caught in a century‑spanning curse that may have destroyed Clark Ashton Smith and Jack London.