Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-04-2015, 07:58 AM   #151
loco
Connoisseur
loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenmcg View Post
It's the EXE only. Did you copy it into the original location that the old EXE was, and overwrite it?
yes i did and it did not show the error this time. however, the dmp folder was empty. i am trying to build xray for an AZW3 file.
loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:19 AM   #152
loco
Connoisseur
loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

the problem was that i had messed up big time with ASIN. updated calibre and things went like breeze. successfully generated an XRAY but when i put the xray inside the SDR folder, the xray button inside the book is greyed out.

i use calibre to transfer my books to kindle. so the location of sdr folder is AUTHOR>SERIES>BOOK.sdr

one more thing, the name of book is like Feast for crows, A. but the xray is created in a folder A feast for crows using the xray tool. can this be a reason for disconnect? what am i missing?

Last edited by loco; 07-04-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Advert
Old 07-04-2015, 11:44 PM   #153
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The title does not need to match, but the filenames do. I believe the program already outputs the right filename though.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:46 AM   #154
loco
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The title does not need to match, but the filenames do. I believe the program already outputs the right filename though.
i am doing all this with an azw3 file. could this be a problem?
Old 07-05-2015, 06:33 PM   #155
Manahtar
Manahtar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
this is the url i paste http://www.shelfari.com/books/479219...ldren-of-Hurin

i changed the metadata, but still searches like this
Quote:
Running X-ray Builder GUI v2.0.4.0. Log started on 05/07/2015 at 19:32:20.
Running Kindleunpack to get metadata...
Got metadata!
Database Name: The_Children_of_Hurin
ASIN: B007978NKG
Author: J. R. R. Tolkien; Christopher Tolkien
Title: The Children of Húrin
UniqueID: 3504136690
Searching for Author's page on Amazon...
Author page found on Amazon!
Author's Amazon Page URL: http://www.amazon.com/J.-R.-R.-Tolki...n/e/0544570308
An error occurred while creating the new Author Profile and/or End Action files: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
searching for J.K. Rowling gives the same result. But, searching for Ernest Cline gives this one
Quote:
Got metadata!
Database Name: Ready_Player_One__A_Novel
ASIN: B005CVWWJY
Author: Cline, Ernest
Title: Ready Player One: A Novel
UniqueID: 206085530
An error occurred while creating the new Author Profile and/or End Action files: The given path's format is not supported.

Last edited by Manahtar; 07-05-2015 at 06:53 PM.
Manahtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2015, 09:28 PM   #156
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manahtar View Post
this is the url i paste http://www.shelfari.com/books/479219...ldren-of-Hurin

i changed the metadata, but still searches like this
The issue, in that case at least, is that there are 2 authors so the author profile URL isn't showing up correctly. I can make it ignore the semi-colon and only search the first author, which would fix that at least. I'm curious to see what the output of the JK Rowling one was, my search worked for the Harry Potter series.
Not sure what happened with the Ernest one, as it seems to be an error that only exists in the new code that I don't have yet.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:35 PM   #157
Manahtar

my search was for "the casual vacancy" wich i beleive was published under her name, and not an alias.. but i might be wrong and maybe that's causing the problem
Old 07-05-2015, 09:56 PM   #158
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
my search was for "the casual vacancy" wich i beleive was published under her name, and not an alias.. but i might be wrong and maybe that's causing the problem
Yeah it looks like it was. Depends what the output was I guess, the author profile portion doesn't rely on anything other than the Author field of the metadata, so it shouldn't really matter which book it is.
Unless you mean it failed searching Shelfari for it or something.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:14 PM   #159
Manahtar

weird, running the search for Rowling under a Harry Potter book also won't work for me (metadata downloaded from amazon)
Quote:
Got metadata!
Database Name: Harry_Potter_and_the_Sorcerer_s
ASIN: 059035342X
Author: Rowling, J.K.
Title: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
UniqueID: 2851750728
Searching for Author's page on Amazon...
Author page found on Amazon!
Author's Amazon Page URL: http://www.amazon.com/Rowling,-J.K./e/0316228583
An error occurred while creating the new Author Profile and/or End Action files: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:03 PM   #160
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
weird, running the search for Rowling under a Harry Potter book also won't work for me (metadata downloaded from amazon)
Oh, I imagine it's something to do with the "Rowling, J.K." author field.
Note the difference in results between: http://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search-...owling,%20j.k. and http://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search-...j.k.%20rowling.
The way darrenmcg has it set up, it has to match exactly. That'll need to be tweaked to work properly in more cases, though I don't think the author field in the book metadata itself is supposed to be in that format. I'll work on it when I get a chance, unless he gets to it first. I just got back from vacation so I'm trying to catch up on all my projects.

Last edited by Ephemerality; 07-05-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:13 PM   #161
Manahtar

great, thanks for your hard work guys
Old 07-06-2015, 08:55 PM   #162
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
great, thanks for your hard work guys

Give this one a try (only exe included). It should work for your multi-author and last name, first name cases. Only the first author in the list is used.

Last edited by Ephemerality; 07-08-2015 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:02 PM   #163
loco
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post

Give this one a try (only exe included). It should work for your multi-author and last name, first name cases. Only the first author in the list is used.
man i am still stuck. the xray is greyed out. i have fixed asin and all usin QC plugin in calibre. any help??
Old 07-07-2015, 01:07 PM   #164
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by loco View Post
man i am still stuck. the xray is greyed out. i have fixed asin and all usin QC plugin in calibre. any help??
Make sure the X-Ray file gets put into the proper .sdr folder (even if the tool puts it in the wrong one). If you're on firmware 5.6+, it may not load anyway. Still not sure why.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:14 PM   #165
loco
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
Make sure the X-Ray file gets put into the proper .sdr folder (even if the tool puts it in the wrong one). If you're on firmware 5.6+, it may not load anyway. Still not sure why.
i have put it in the correct sdr folder. I am on 5.6.2.1. and I am sad

Tags
x-ray