Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 09:11 AM   #151
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:06 PM   #152
ballycaval
ballycaval began at the beginning.

Device: aura HD
I also have a bricked aura hd. Try to reset this via the reset hole, but reset button broke off from the motherboard. So I have to solder the reset button and need an aura hd sd image for the corrupted sd card. Please can someone provide me an sd image.

thanks in advanced
Advert
Old 05-27-2016, 07:34 PM   #153
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ouch. And PM sent.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:36 PM   #154
Tjeerd750
Tjeerd750 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura hd
My kobo aura refuses to boot. I Have tried Factory reset but nothing works. Would you please send me the firmware for kobo aura hd?

Thanks for this great service!

Tjeerd
Old 06-06-2016, 06:45 PM   #155
Tjeerd750
Tjeerd750 began at the beginning.

Thanks for the image!

My Kobo is fully functional again. It seems the internal SD card has died, image creator gives errors when trying to read from it. I created a new sd card with your image on it, gave the kobo a factory reset and it is good as new!

Just had a scary moment when the touch screen wouldn't respond, but after charging the ereader that is working also.
Advert
Old 06-19-2016, 08:42 AM   #156
codking
codking began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
help

could i please have an image for a kobo aura hd and maybe instrctions on how to recover?
thanks
Old 06-19-2016, 09:39 AM   #157
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:31 AM   #158
Basillo
Basillo began at the beginning.

bricked aura hd, sd card corrupt

Hi thanks for all the tips and answers on this helpful forum.
My kobo aura hd was bricked and I finally got time to take it apart and check out the internal sd card. (after trying all the reset and factory settings tricks)
I tried to copy the sd with different programs, but as soon I plug the card in my pc stuff starts crashing and giving errors (cant read it unless I format it).
I tried to find an image of the sd card but until now I failed.
Could you please give me a link to get the image?
Thanks!
Old 07-01-2016, 09:53 PM   #159
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:05 PM   #160
sforzy
sforzy began at the beginning.

aura hd bricked

Hello to all the forum,
I've my aura hd that had stop working during factory reset
The kobo had restarted to reset itself but after the restart the display remained blank, so I can't read or do anything

After this I've tried all kind of procedure to reset it without any solution (reset button, hard reset using light button + start button, deassembling of kobo to deattach the battery).....my kobo start the reset procedure (I can see the flashing ligth), the display makes 2 "reset" (It passes from white to black for 2 times) and then it return blank while the ligth continues flashing.

I'm sure that the touch display is not broken because It worked fine until the reset procedure made using the display too!!

The only last thing I can try is to use another memory card with an original firmware inside.
Can You send me in PM the link to aura HD firmware?

Only one last question......do I need to use an SD with the same firmware that is installed NOW on my Aura (but I don't now what is it!!) or using your image file my aura will reset to original firmware without considering what FW is installed now?

thanks you in advance
bye bye
Old 07-20-2016, 07:44 PM   #161
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

No, you don't need to match the versions. The image is a complete replacement for what is on the internal SD card. There is nothing written to other memory in ways that most firmware is done.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:26 AM   #162
sforzy

Hi Davidfor....I've used your image, and Aura had started

THANK YOU TOO MUCHHHHH

Now I can see the reset procedure on the screen but I've a BIG problem....my touch screen won't work, so I can't execute the factory reset.

Can It be caused by the sd image?
The image you send me is also for kobo aura HD touch, or I need to download another sd image?

bye

PS1
do You know if I need to reassembly the kobo to use the touch screen? (i'm tryng to use it deassembled!)
PS2
I'm trying to recharge it to see if it's a battery charge problem

Last edited by sforzy; 07-21-2016 at 06:09 AM.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:02 AM   #163
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sforzy View Post
do You know if I need to reassembly the kobo to use the touch screen? (i'm tryng to use it deassembled!)
This is almost definitely the problem. Put it back together and it will probably be OK.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:36 AM   #164
sforzy

yeahhhhhhhh....it works!!!

GREAT JOB.....thank you too much
Old 07-22-2016, 08:04 PM   #165
PeteL
PeteL began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Mini, Aura H2O
Yes I'm Stupid

I forgot to backup the Aura sdCard before I messed with it.
Could I ask for the link for the original image, It's the H2O version.
I have to say David's long standing assistance and patience must be applauded.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers.
Pete L.
Closed Thread