Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #136
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
I suppose. To me anything might as well be called a license if I can't do whatever I want with it for personal use after buying it.

For instance, I can't make a digital copy of a DVD to put on my laptop? Then I don't own the movie, I own a disc and the right to watch that disc.

But we're teetering into another pointless semantics debate here, and I don't want to get into that.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:12 PM   #137
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
But we're teetering into another pointless semantics debate here, and I don't want to get into that.
This is a discussion forum, of course it's a pointless debate.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2010, 04:17 PM   #138
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
They probably want to treat e-books like software and not literature. That means they can slap EULAs (End user license agreements) on them.

Don't forget any platform we use to buy e-books (eg. a website, itunes) will have it's own license conditions.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #139
carbonize
Connoisseur
carbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony PRS-600
I'm waiting to see what mangled excuse for DRM Apple is going to slap into ePubs sold via iTunes to make them incompatible with any other ebook reader. It's also thanks to Apple we are going to be looking at higher prices for ebooks due to them letting the publisher set the price.
carbonize is offline   Reply With Quote